Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would as many people hate Snyder if we were winning?

ST#21willbreaku

Honestly, if we were winning consistantly everyone would love him. Heck! We are bad right now and i still like him. I always use my Tribune/Cubs comparison when the Snyder debate pops up. Try being a Cub and Redskin fan. The ownership differences are night and day. I love me some Snyder. :2cents:

I like him alot, he is impulsive, like he's playing Madden or something.

In time his money will be spent...VERY wisely. In time you will see, the real problem with Snyder's reign is the innability to get a QB, its all about have a franchise QB...in the last 20 years SuperBowls have been won mostly by teams with a franchise QB (Montana, Aikman, Young, Farve, Elway, Brady)

I'm a cubs fan as well...would love Snyder to buy that team!!

That is exactly the point. Let me expand on this for people who lack critical thinking, and let this statement fly right over their heads.

If Snyder's style resulted in successful seasons every year, then the people who would hate Snyder otherwise wouldn't have much to complain about would they?

And further, if Snyder aided in fielding successful teams, those that would remain hating him would be outed for hating him due to non-football reasons.

I hope that explains why the OP's question is pointless and answers itself. :laugh:

Well, that is why I asked the question. I am tired of all the fans bashing Snyder and wanted to hear why bitter fans blame Snyder for the losing. Essentially that is what is going on with him. The ****ing comes out in other ways, prices of Hot Dogs, parking etc... that would not be discussed if we were winning which is very tough to understand. Negativity is a funny thing.

What is the overall record of the Redskins since Snyder has been the owner? Aren't they one of the 5 worst teams in league over his tenure?

Doesn't that make him one of the five worst owners in the league?

He is not coaching nor playing, so this post has zero ground. He has hired the best available coaches and players every year. That is all he can do after that it is out of his control

If we were winning then Synder would be the greatest thing to happen to Washington.

But we are not winning and the man has turned FedEx into a place where people can chat and make business deals. The real fans (well many of them not everyone) can't afford to go to all the home games anymore. I can see why a lot of ppl hate him.

I have my doubts about him.

That is a very interesting point. But, I think this is a result of the market for an NFL game and the market we live in. If you can get $200 a ticket why would you charge $100. That is bad business.

Well, that is why I asked the question. I am tired of all the fans bashing Snyder and wanted to hear why bitter fans blame Snyder for the losing. Essentially that is what is going on with him.

Why? Because he hires his friend, Cerrato, to be the GM of the team. I doubt there is any team in the NFL that would hire Cerrato to be GM or whatever he does for the Redskins.

Ultimately Snyder has made all the decisions for the franchise or hired the people who make the decisions. It's his responsibility. At this rate he's just a Bidwell that spends money.

Alot of the reasons why alot of people are turning against Snyder now is because the organizational strategy is fundamentally flawed. We have sacrificed alot of good players and a few good coaches over the last few years only to get minimal returns. People now realize that the Redskin's short-term and long-term fortunes don't look good at all. We're backed up against the cap now and missing half our draft picks for next year. That misjudgement falls squarely on Snyder's shoulders.

Another reason why so many people are fed up is that he refuses to hire a GM and run this organization traditionally. Count me in that group!

He is not coaching nor playing, so this post has zero ground. He has hired the best available coaches and players every year. That is all he can do after that it is out of his control

Has he though? Was Spurrier (no NFL experience) the best available at the time or was Snyder just trying to make a splash?

I love Joe Gibbs, but was bringing him back after 12 yrs out of the league the best available hire or was he trying to save face with a disgruntled fan base?

I remember Spurrier's press conference when Snyder introduced him. Two words that Snyder said over and over again were "exciting" and "product." If I didn't know the guy owned a football team I would of thought he was selling women's shampoo.

I have no doubt Snyder wants to win, but he's always looking for a marketing angle as much as he's trying to build a winner. That's why he's rich. It's also why his football team's a mess.

Alot of the reasons why alot of people are turning against Snyder now is because the organizational strategy is fundamentally flawed. We have sacrificed alot of good players and a few good coaches over the last few years only to get minimal returns. People now realize that the Redskin's short-term and long-term fortunes don't look good at all. We're backed up against the cap now and missing half our draft picks for next year. That misjudgement falls squarely on Snyder's shoulders.

Another reason why so many people are fed up is that he refuses to hire a GM and run this organization traditionally. Count me in that group!

Yes but that should be on Cerrato and Gibbs. Snyder has an open wallet, how do you not like that. It is up to the football people to make the right choices with the money. I think Gibbs is much more responsible for this mess than Dan. Although I love the guy, but his personnel moves stink!

Well, that is why I asked the question. I am tired of all the fans bashing Snyder and wanted to hear why bitter fans blame Snyder for the losing. Essentially that is what is going on with him. The ****ing comes out in other ways, prices of Hot Dogs, parking etc... that would not be discussed if we were winning which is very tough to understand. Negativity is a funny thing.

Well, of course if Snyder won, we wouldn't be complaining. And if A-Rod hit in the playoffs, Yankee fans wouldn't hate him.

But there is no evidence that Snyder can establish a long-term winner with his strategy. Last year - his only real success as an owner since he was just along for the ride in '99 - is looking increasingly like a lightning-in-a-bottle type year. Every team (aside from the Cardinals) pulls a ten-win season out of their butt once in a while. Fluky things happen over a 16-game schedule.

But Snyder's vision appears to be fundamentally flawed.

Marty the GM did that

Coincedently the same media that started bashing the team after the team revoked the free tickets they got which it was proven they scalped

did it once, admitted it was a mistake, hasn't done it since.

privileged in the sense he's a self made billionare? He doesn't come from money, like many assume because he's wealthy. He's made all of his money himself. Not to mention gives millions to charities every year.

Ok Dan, we know it's you...

Now that we do here is some of why you don't have the good fan relations you would like.

Part of it is not money, it is what you don't do with it. Jack Kent Cook was the preivous owner. He did not see fit to gouge on every price, and made the team accessibel to everyone pricewise. You don't do that. He seperated the team from his money making businesses, only doing what was necessary to keep the team afloat. You take every oppurtunity to gouge, WITH A LOSING TEAM!!! You seem to have adopted the team as another business, when it isn't. I thas business aspects, but it's a football team. You lose that quality when it becomes about how to make extra $$$ and people taste it and want to throw their hotdogs on you, mustard and all. They know it can be done without that aspect like Jack did it.

It has nothing to do with being rich, Jewish, and young. It has to do with attitude about it all. Maybe try inviting a group of mechanics or folks from local 602 to sit int eh sky boxes and go to the club for a game here and there. Build relationships. Let them know, the average working man in the DC area, that you care and have not forgotten them.

Otherwise problems will eventually arise. you may not think much of them, but they watch you thru surveillance systems, in the mall, at the hotels, cuz they have to. They have given their lives for the country, and you consider them beneath you and they feel it. They don't need you to live, you need them. You see power, is not born solely in money.

They make less money than you, not because they can't make more, but because they chose to serve a purpose they felt was greater than a big bank account. They feel disrespected and that you do not desire their presence, or show any respect for them at all, unless they make millions. Sort of like reporters who think only famous people count. They ignore the guy in the machine room, the utility room, who keeps them alive and monitors their every move and don't even know he exists most often. Yet he is the backbone and moderator of their entire life.

Those people want respect, Dan. They also don't like Cruise much, cuz his movies r an insult to their real abilities and work. So taking him on backfired with the folks who r the backbone of this nation, they know he disdains them, and the feelings r mutual. They much prefer the Bourne Identity.

The owner's job is to get us players that have the fire and ability to win. You don't seem to understand the fire part at all. It is football not business, you don't win by making creative and advantageous decisions. You win by geting fired up and running people over, again and again. So the same approach does not work. People sense that in your disposition and it irks them.

When we r winning those things are more overlookable to an extent, but still irritate. Some folks are more irritated by it than others. But to top off the apparent disrespect with it coming from a rich guy who loses year after year whose only concern seems to be the $$$? Now it just got intolerable. Understand?

My advice? Give everyone in Local 602 a free ticket to a home game and free pass with free food and drinks to the club. Show up and thank them for their work, make a champagne toast to them.:cheers: Make it a habit and tradition, and in a few years, you will be the most loved owner in Redskins history, and they will show up and buy all kinds of stuff. The GSA and elevator unions would also be good folks to invite. Since you do use those regularly.:applause:

Archived