Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you eat when you are in a hurry?

PleaseBlitz

Alright, so for the past month, ive just been ridiculously busy. I tend to skip meals a lot for the sheer fact that eating is inconvenient. I was just wondering what everyone gets when they are in a hurry, or dont feel like making something, or whatever. Ive been eating far too many Jr Bacon Cheeseburgers and Mexican Pizzas. I need to find something quick and somewhat healthy and GOOD, either from the store, fast food, or something I can make at home in minimal time.

Anyone got anything?

Hit the deli at your local groc store or check out the frozen food section.

The biggest problem with frozen meals is the portions are usuallly very small.

If you want some better ideas give us an idea of how much cooking experience you have. I was a cook in the Army and now have a cullinary art degree. I am no longer working in the food service field but due to my experience I can whip up a meal in no time.

The best quick, easy to make items are going to be one dish meals. Fry up a pound of ground beef, drain, place back in pan and add some veggies (fresh or canned), a can of cruched tomatoes or a cup of water some liquid, and season to your taste. When it comes to a boil add a little rice or some noodles and simmer till tender.

You can create a endless varity of meals by using different meats (beef, chicken, pork, or turkey) and whatever veggies you like. You will also learn to adjust the amount of liquid to make it as brothy or think as you like.

Im telling you that you have to try Dr. Stein's Energy bars. Don't let the cheesy looking wrapper design fool you. It's a bagel bar filled with raisins and nuts with cinnamon. I think Costco sells 'em. Hope you don't have a nut allergy. They will get you through an entire morning no sweat.

Pasta is quick and easy. I buy frozen tortellini, this cooks up quick and tastes good. Another quick I do is to get a ham steak (you can get about a 3/4 lb slice of ham), make some mac and cheese, and cook up some frozen mixed veggies. Only takes about 10-15 minutes.

The best quick, easy to make items are going to be one dish meals. Fry up a pound of ground beef, drain, place back in pan and add some veggies (fresh or canned), a can of cruched tomatoes or a cup of water some liquid, and season to your taste. When it comes to a boil add a little rice or some noodles and simmer till tender.

You can create a endless varity of meals by using different meats (beef, chicken, pork, or turkey) and whatever veggies you like. You will also learn to adjust the amount of liquid to make it as brothy or think as you like.

Thanks for the tips.

I feel like a 2 year old sometimes going on food jags. Before I'd rarely get fast food, but lately I can't get enough McD's cheeseburgers. Post-season blues?

Instant Oatmeal. Lots of different flavors, it's fairly healthy, and fills ya up. I eat 2 pouches at a time. I doesn't take but a few quick minutes to boil water.

I also tend to keep hard boiled eggs in the frig. Man, you need to get a hold of those saturday morning cartoon brakes.

Time for timer............. I hanker for a hunk-a, a slab or slice or chunk-a, I hanker for a chunk of cheese :D

Hummus is the deal no question Misty....but its hard to eat any dip like entity in the car.

Why? My son does it all the time! I take flat bread... Open it up and smear the hummus on it. Close the bread, cut it up into managable pieces for my son... Put in a zip-lock bag... And voila! A happy kid in the car when going long distances. (My son is a very picky eater, but for some reason, he decided to try hummus, and LOVED it). I thought it was odd for my son, but nevertheless am grateful he likes such a healthy snack.

My best suggestion is to make food in large portions and store it. Almost all meals can be frozen and quickly heated later and it is a much healther alternative to eating out all the time. Some of my favorites include:

Heres one of my personal favorites. I'll post more when I have some time. I cook all the time.

BBQ Pizza

Get some whole wheat pitas. Spread some BBQ sauce (i get the no sugar kind, but I'm a health freak...) grill some chicken and sautee some peppers and onions. a little salt and pepper then toss it in the oven and it taste amazing

My best suggestion is to make food in large portions and store it. Almost all meals can be frozen and quickly heated later and it is a much healther alternative to eating out all the time. Some of my favorites include:

Heres one of my personal favorites. I'll post more when I have some time. I cook all the time.

BBQ Pizza

Get some whole wheat pitas. Spread some BBQ sauce (i get the no sugar kind, but I'm a health freak...) grill some chicken and sautee some peppers and onions. a little salt and pepper then toss it in the oven and it taste amazing

What type of cheese?

Thanks for the recipe. Look forward to more. :cheers:

Archived