Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Regarding those who toss personal insults at Joe Gibbs (mega-merge)

LiveStrongSkins

This is unreal. People bashing Gibbs is completely stupid right now. None of us are coaches. From Day 1 everyone on this site saw Gibbs does not want Ramsey as his starting QB. It is not Gibbs fault people have a love affair with Ramsey on this site. When are you going to realize that Ramsey was picked by Spurrier to throw the ball foolishly downfield in the one and done...oops i mean fun and gun. Gibbs cannot stand turnovers. Of coarse he is going to be politically correct and give Patrick his vote of confidence while he was the man. However, if you havent seen the writing on the wall on this one then you need help. The picks, fumbles, and un nessasary blind side hits from holding the ball too long are all things that we all know Gibbs hates. Stop acting surprised and stand up and support YOUR Redskins. Joe Gibbs doesnt have to answer to anyone. Brunell didnt play bad at all and he didnt demand that he play, stop bashing Brunell. Yall bash Gibbs and Brunell all you want, I'll be cheering louder then ever come monday night.

This is unreal. People bashing Gibbs is completely stupid right now. None of us are coaches. From Day 1 everyone on this site saw Gibbs does not want Ramsey as his starting QB. It is not Gibbs fault people have a love affair with Ramsey on this site. When are you going to realize that Ramsey was picked by Spurrier to throw the ball foolishly downfield in the one and done...oops i mean fun and gun. Gibbs cannot stand turnovers. Of coarse he is going to be politically correct and give Patrick his vote of confidence while he was the man. However, if you havent seen the writing on the wall on this one then you need help. The picks, fumbles, and un nessasary blind side hits from holding the ball too long are all things that we all know Gibbs hates. Stop acting surprised and stand up and support YOUR Redskins. Joe Gibbs doesnt have to answer to anyone. Brunell didnt play bad at all and he didnt demand that he play, stop bashing Brunell. Yall bash Gibbs and Brunell all you want, I'll be cheering louder then ever come monday night.

Just when I start to lose faith in our youth, this youngin shoots and scores with a GEM !!!

Were fans, not sheep. We don't have to agree with everything that this organization does, having an opinion is not a bad thing. You act like Brunell's never turned the ball over. (Flashback to Raven game last year, ring a bell?) How quickly people forget how bad he played last year. I bet half of you were calling for Brunells head as well. Gibbs is a hypocrite and a liar, it's just another stupid move by a organization that is out of touch with football. It's sad really, for a moment, I thought we had some complacency, but leave it to the skins to totally blow that out of the water. I know I shouldn't be typing, cause I'm pissed right now, but damn some consistency would be nice.

Were fans, not sheep. ....

Gibbs is a hypocrite and a liar, it's just another stupid move by a organization that is out of touch with football. It's sad really, for a moment, I thought we had some complacency, but leave it to the skins to totally blow that out of the water. I know I shouldn't be typing, cause I'm pissed right now, but damn some consistency would be nice.

Consistency?

You mean like Ramsey's consitent ability to turn the ball over?

A Hypocrite and a liar?

You do realize that a football coach's job is to try to win games, right? Not protect feelings? If a guy isn't getting it done, he's got to go. The bottom line is the W, not some ideal of perfect harmony between players and coaches and fans.

Out of touch, eh? Looks to me like we have a dominant defense and a very powerful running game. Let's see,,, how many teams have ridden that recipe to the super bowl? Hmm.. I wonder.

What we need at this point is a game manager. Ramsey seems to have a hard time managing a game, unless you've seen something I haven't. We need a guy who won't throw INTs.. another thing Ramsey has a hard time doing.

Because Ramsey was drafted by Spurrier, a guy who never DID have a touch of pro football.. Gibbs is somehow obligated to give him the long rope?

I ask a simple question. Why? Simply because he SAID SO? This is football. Perform or be replaced.

When this team wins with it's outstanding defense and powerful running game, I expect you to give us either

A/ an apology thread

or B/ your resignation as a fan of the team.

Enough of this crap. Ramsey is a professional football player. It's his fourth year. He's a big boy. Coaches don't "lie" to football players. Every player that there is realizes his job is contingent on performance. If your performance is not up to snuff, you gotta go, plain and simple. Every starter in the NFL with few exception is playing with the knowledge that he can be replaced.

It's the nature of the game.

Enough of this "Gibbs is a liar" junk. Seriously,, pretend you know a little bit about how this game works.

~Bang

I still dont see how hes a liar, he Ramsey would be our starter this year and he was. He lost his job, Gibbs never said Ramsey would be our starter even if he doesnt improve or even if he gets injured. So you guys who are calling him a hypocrite, a liar, and dishonorable really need to own up and tell us what team you really root for and stop using the collective "we" when you mention the Redskins. Having opinions about the move is perfectly fine, but when you straight up insult someone your showing how low budget you are especially when your insults are based on untruths.

I have no problem with people are upset with the move that say, PR should still be starter cause of his x,y, and z plays and ability. The rest of you belly crawlers spitting hate at Gibbs and calling him a liar and dishonorable really need to go back to you real teams message boards.

It's funny that a lot of you clowns who claim "Gibbs is washed up" base this on ..

1. Last year.

We stunk for a variety of reasons, but one of the overriding things that happens when a team is on a coaching carousel is whoever takes over has to play with a bunch of guys drafted by other people.

In our case, we have guys drafted for teams built mostly by Marty Schottenheimer and Steve Spurrier,, two philosophies that are as different as night and day.

So of course, it stands to reason Gibbs will be able to mold that motley bunch into a champ overnight,, or some would have me believe.

and 2.

This decision on Ramsey.

It also seems to me that the overwhelming number of people posting this kind of drivel are people who are barely old enough to remember Gibbs ever coaching a game prior to last year.

Anyway, the point is, YOU bozos claim Gibbs is done based on this very short window of what you've seen, yet you are the same clowns who are criticizing him for making a decision based on (what you believe) is a very limited opportunity for Ramsey.

So, tell me how much sense that makes? It's ok for you to have knee jerk reactions, but then you criticize him for doing (what you believe) is the same thing.

Nevermind Gibbs has been in attendance of Every Ramsey practice and play for nearly 2 full years now. That couldn't possibly factor into his thinking, now could it?

Nah, it's just easier to ***** and complain and pretend we know what we're talking about. Nothing makes me feel better than seeing some 22 yr old or 17 yr old dope pretending to know more about what is going on than Joe Gibbs.

Frankly, I think alot of you should turn in your playbooks and go hang out in Dallas.

No wonder our stadium is a haven for opposing fans.

Sell your tickets, you fair-weather ****s.

Get lost.

~Bang

Bang.

With all due respect. Stick to the animation my brother.

Do you honestly believe that Brunell will give us a better chance to beat the Cowboys?

I thought that NO qb loses his job because of injury.

IMHO

And I said it another thread.

Gibbs is still trying to validate the money that he dumped on the has-been Brunell.

It's funny that a lot of you clowns who claim "Gibbs is washed up" base this on ..

1. Last year.

We stunk for a variety of reasons, but one of the overriding things that happens when a team is on a coaching carousel is whoever takes over has to play with a bunch of guys drafted by other people.

In our case, we have guys drafted for teams built mostly by Marty Schottenheimer and Steve Spurrier,, two philosophies that are as different as night and day.

So of course, it stands to reason Gibbs will be able to mold that motley bunch into a champ overnight,, or some would have me believe.

and 2.

This decision on Ramsey.

It also seems to me that the overwhelming number of people posting this kind of drivel are people who are barely old enough to remember Gibbs ever coaching a game prior to last year.

Anyway, the point is, YOU bozos claim Gibbs is done based on this very short window of what you've seen, yet you are the same clowns who are criticizing him for making a decision based on (what you believe) is a very limited opportunity for Ramsey.

So, tell me how much sense that makes? It's ok for you to have knee jerk reactions, but then you criticize him for doing (what you believe) is the same thing.

Nevermind Gibbs has been in attendance of Every Ramsey practice and play for nearly 2 full years now. That couldn't possibly factor into his thinking, now could it?

Nah, it's just easier to ***** and complain and pretend we know what we're talking about. Nothing makes me feel better than seeing some 22 yr old or 17 yr old dope pretending to know more about what is going on than Joe Gibbs.

Frankly, I think alot of you should turn in your playbooks and go hang out in Dallas.

Get lost.

~Bang

Thou hast smote the nail head soundly, sir! :cheers:

Bang.

Woth all due respect. Stick to the animation my borhter.

Do you honest;y believe that Brunell will give us a better chance to beats the Cowboys?

I thought that NO qb loses his job because of injury.

IMHO

And I said it another thread.

Gibbs is still trying to validate the money that he dumped on the sas-been Brunell.

the point is, what I believe doesn't matter. I have no illusion that I have a better handle on what to do with the team than Gibbs does.

Do you think Ramsey lost his job to inujry,, or because he has an unbelievable knack for defenses teeing off on him?

Seriously,, he's been a human pinball in the pocket. Defenses can smell that stuff, and they go nuts on it, we've seen it over and over again. The kid gets hit, he gets nervous, and defenses swarm to it.

What my post is to say is that for people to question Gibbs honor as a man,, to call him a liar and a hypocrite,, it's offensive. The guy is a football coach who has forgotten more about the game than any fifty of us combined, and watching the utter trashing he is getting is disturbing. ESPECIALLY after a win against a very good defense,,, i think folks missed that part of yesterdays game, too,, Chicago's D was very good.)

IF this team wins with this run game and stout defense, I don't want to see any of these fair weather kids cheering it on. As Lavar once said, "Bandwagon fans are NOT welcome."

people want to trash the coach's personal integrity, people want to trash (not question) his decisions, fine,, there's the door.

I'm all for questioning. But we're not stupid here.

This is a team that has a solid foundation building in the run game and the defense.. (Just so happens that is how he won those 3 super bowls.) what we need is a game manager. A guy who won't kill you with mistakes.

Is that ramsey?

can anyone honestly say that he doesn't make mental mistakes?

If the coach who has sat in film session after film session and practice after practice has no faith in Ramsey, why should we?

I'm not "for Brunell" or "against Ramsey"

I'm for winning. Continually giving the ball to the other team will not help that cause.

~Bang

Bang, you have just said what i've been tryin to tell people for a long time. I'm no coach, therefore i'm not going to criticize Joe Gibbs' decisions. he's been leading no name teams to superbowls since the year before i was born, so i will not try to do his job, otherwise I would be up there instead of watching it from home.

Of course, if Brunell wins the game for the Skins I will take my beating, but mark my words, it ain't gonna happen

Line forms here guys :)

I think you can be skeptical about Brunell, and still acknowledge the basic truth of what Brother Bang is saying.

Gibbs has proven himself again and again. No one, and I mean NO ONE else on this team has proven jack.

And that bill is a fact.

Do you honestly believe that Brunell will give us a better chance to beat the Cowboys?

yes

Ramsey is terrible on the road (3-10 as a starter) and Brunell's only good game last year was against the Cowboy's on Monday night. (at home though) 97.5 rating

I know your thinking i'm a "Brunell Supporter" guess what your right becuase he is our starter and I'm hoping that his injuries last year were worse then I'd thought before.

Personally I'm a big Ramsey fan and think he should be given more time to prove himself, but I'm not so stupid as to doubt our coach to start whomever he thinks is better.

the point is, what I believe doesn't matter. I have no illusion that I have a better handle on what to do with the team than Gibbs does.

Do you think Ramsey lost his job to inujry,, or because he has an unbelievable knack for defenses teeing off on him?

Seriously,, he's been a human pinball in the pocket. Defenses can smell that stuff, and they go nuts on it, we've seen it over and over again. The kid gets hit, he gets nervous, and defenses swarm to it.

What my post is to say is that for people to question Gibbs honor as a man,, to call him a liar and a hypocrite,, it's offensive. The guy is a football coach who has forgotten more about the game than any fifty of us combined, and watching the utter trashing he is getting is distrubing.

IF this team wins with this run game and stout defense, I don't want to see any of these fair weather kids cheering it on. As Lavar once said, "Bandwagon fans are NOT welcome."

people want to trash the coach's personal integrity, people want to trash (not question) his decisions, fine,, there's the door.

I'm all for questioning. But we're not stupid here.

This is a team that has a solid foundation building in the run game and the defense.. (Just so happens that is how he won those 3 super bowls.) what we need is a game manager. A guy who won't kill you with mistakes.

Is that ramsey?

can anyone honestly say that he doesn't make mental mistakes?

If the coach who has sat in film session after film session and practice after practice has no faith in Ramsey, why should we?

I'm not "for Brunell" or "against Ramsey"

I'm for winning. Continually giving the ball to the other team will not help that cause.

~Bang

Yea, Joe did win three SB's while coachingthe Redskins. But just because of that and after a VERY mediocre returning season (alot of injuries), is he exempt from fans questioning a VERY strange (as you said) "knee jerk" reaction to a not so serious injury to his starting qb by naming Brunell the starter

1. Last year.

and 2.

This decision on Ramsey.

Get lost.

~Bang

That was awesome Bang, I need a cigerette after reading that, and I dont even smoke!

Archived