Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Regarding those who toss personal insults at Joe Gibbs (mega-merge)

LiveStrongSkins

Just to be clear because my post is emotional and the things Gibbs did bothered the hell out of me.

My post isn't about who should start, I don't care whoever the better man is. Imo PR is the better QB at this point in time, however it's about following through on what you say your going to do, not lying, and not screwing anyone else over. Which unfortunately Gibbs did all 3.

Yall want to know why he got the hook so quick? Gibbs gave him a Whole offseason to improve. He changed the schemes, gave him his vote of confidence and did everything a coach should do. So what happens during game time?? A pick on the second play of the game. Did you not see Gibbs face after that? Then, like the traditional Ramsey we all know, he held the ball and took a blindside hit that almost was another turnover if Jansen wasnt there. This is why he got the hook. Brunell didnt turn the ball over. Joe Gibbs isnt going to change his ways because people think Ramsey should start. You cant be Gibbs QB and turn the ball over. I wish people would stop acting so crushed. If you are turnover prone, you dont play. No one on this site can say he isnt turnover prone. It's cut and dry, Joe Gibbs prefers the veteran QB who has been there and done that over the unproven QB who can kill a drive just as fast as he can start one.

Yall want to know why he got the hook so quick? Gibbs gave him a Whole offseason to improve. He changed the schemes, gave him his vote of confidence and did everything a coach should do. So what happens during game time?? A pick on the second play of the game. Did you not see Gibbs face after that? Then, like the traditional Ramsey we all know, he held the ball and took a blindside hit that almost was another turnover if Jansen wasnt there. This is why he got the hook. Brunell didnt turn the ball over. Joe Gibbs isnt going to change his ways because people think Ramsey should start. You cant be Gibbs QB and turn the ball over. I wish people would stop acting so crushed. If you are turnover prone, you dont play. No one on this site can say he isnt turnover prone. It's cut and dry, Joe Gibbs prefers the veteran QB who has been there and done that over the unproven QB who can kill a drive just as fast as he can start one.

Maybe so, I don't mind that.. But you ask a guy like Patrick to be loyal to a team, and you have to admit, PR has been loyal to the skins maybe to a fault. Now it's time for his coach to return the favor and Gibbs takes back his word and turns his back on him..

Classy

When Joe Gibbs came back to DC I was very excited. I thought "Great some integrity will do us some good". I'm very disappointed in him. My father always told me "Do what you say your going to do", I kind of hold everyone around me to that expectation. You tell me your going to do something, I expect that it gets done. If I tell you I'm going to do something, take it to the bank.

Three big issues that bother me the most.

Smoot - A "core Redskin" that we let slip away.

Pierce - A "core Redskin" that we let slip away.

Ramsey - Simply lied to the poor guy.

Call it what you want, but Gibbs lied to Ramsey. Not what I call integrity. I don't fault Gibbs for wanting Brunell over Ramsey, but Gibbs and Co, did Patrick wrong. Really really wrong. What pisses me off about Gibbs is, if he didn't want Patrick he could have cut him offseason, saved money on the cap, maybe with enough room to keep Smoot and Pierce. Also to give Patrick the chance to compete for a starting spot on another team.

The poor guy got screwed over by the Redskins yet again. It's like Gibbs doesn't like Ramsey and that's cool, but then it's like well here let me screw you one more time before I take your job from you. Even though you performed better in a single quarter then my guy Brunell did in three.

The "Gibbs till I die" folk will probably slam me but I don't care.. I'm a Redskin till I die. These moves especially the last one makes our team look bad... I don't know if PR can prove to be the better QB, he was promised a fair shot and didn't get it. 6 or 7 quarters of play isn't a shot. It's a slap in the face.

I'm very disappointed at Gibbs and his lack of integrity right now. Even if Mark leads us to the Superbowl, I'll be excited for the Skins. but I'll always have to take what Gibbs says with a grain of salt and I never in a million years thought I'd have to do that.

Do what you say your going to do, or keep your mouth shut.

agree 100%

Maybe so, I don't mind that.. But you ask a guy like Patrick to be loyal to a team, and you have to admit, PR has been loyal to the skins maybe to a fault. Now it's time for his coach to return the favor and Gibbs takes back his word and turns his back on him..

Classy

Loyalty does not win football games. You could say that Pat "turned his back" on Gibbs by not showing improvement. He couldnt even read a simple overload blitz to avoid getting, sacked, fumbling and hurt. The kid simply has not progressed. You cant blame that on Gibbs.

You should be dissapointed in Ramsey. If he brought his A game he would be playing. He's simply not playing up to his ability.

Thank you. The coach has to make decisions that best afford the team an opportunity to win. Brunell moves around the pocket better, sees the field better, and beats the blitz better than Ramsey ever has. Brunell gives us the best chance to beat Dallas' blitzing defense. That is incredibly clear. With our defense and running game, we simply need someone to manage the game at QB and avoid critical mistakes; and that is something Ramsey has never done and that Brunell excels at.

If there is anyone you should be upset at, it is Ramsey. We used a 1st round pick on a guy that is still making rookie mistakes in his 4th year.

keep in mind that Gibbs does want to win also, it's not like he's here just for kicks. I like Ramsey, but he's not the man right now. We've been through this before w/ Schroeder and Williams, give some time, it might work out for the better (or might not). Brunell did look much better in preseason than he did all of last year.

so what happened last yr? he named brunell the starter, he sucked it up but gibbs stayed with him. now thats what you call giving a chance. what gibbs did to PR is a slap in the face whether u like it or not.

100+ Yards 1 quarter no touchdowns. - PR

70 yards 3 Quarters No Touchdowns - Brunell

Ramsey had an int and a fumble. The Fumble any QB in the league would havel ost with that kind of hit..

Oh yeah there's plenty more to say.

That is the most idiotic stat I have ever seen in my life. For one, Brunell came in the latter stages of the game when we all know Gibbs likes to pound the ball. That means squat. If you want to get real technical, Moss breaking a tackle and running for a lot of yards accounted for most of Ramseys yards. Does that mean he was picking the Bears apart? No it doesnt. And no, not every other QB would have held the ball that long and extended it above his head with one hand in the pocket like that. I cant believe people are saying "well brunell passed for 70 in 3 QTRs while ramsey passed for 100 in 1." That is the biggest crock of $hit stat I have ever seen in my life. It was the playcalling, not Brunell missing targets. We pounded Portis more in the second half.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the very integrity of which you speak just MAY have just been demonstrated? Any integrity Joe Gibbs has, is channelled toward one thing, and one thing only, our team.

Isn't it possible that Joe, in all his wisdom and coaching knowledge, HAS seen as much from Ramsey as he needed to see in order to make this decision? Joe knows QB's, and everyone here has said as much. I can't tell you how many "If that's what Joe thinks, then I'll stand behind his decision" 's I've read in numerous threads and countless posts here. Well I guess many of the "Joe knows more than I do" folks out here have just jumped ship because of an emotional attachment to Patrick. Patrick wasn't getting it done. Not in pre-season, not last year, and not in the first quarter before he got demolished on that play. Now, if you ask me if it was fair that he got the hook after that play, I'd be inclined to say no, it wasn't fair. BUT, Gibbs had an opportunity in that play to do what he knew should have been done early in the pre-season based on performance. He couldn't because of a commitment he handcuffed himself with at the end of last year.

I personally think he's right. I never felt that Ramsey made substantial enough progress to show that he would develop into our future star QB. Just my opinion which isn't worth squat, but it's how I felt. Joe must have felt similarly or the Jason Campbell deal would never have happened, AND/OR, Brunnel would have been cut and Hasselbeck would have been retained.

The signs were all over the place that Gibbs, despite the integrity he showed in sticking behind his statement that Ram would get the nod on opening day, knew from experience and from what he's seen of Ramsey that he wasn't going to fit into his offensive scheme.

I think the integrity he's shown in doing what he feels is best for the team in the long run was more evident in his decision last night than it ever has been. It would have been easy for him to make the more popular decision to go back to Ramsey for sure, but he's looking down the road, and unfortunately Ramsey is in the rear view mirror.

Campbell will learn more from Brunnel than he will from Ramsey, that is unquestionably true. If his development is dependant upon learning from either MB or PR, who would you choose to be his mentor? I'm not suggesting that Brunnel will take us to the playoffs, or become the Brunnel in his prime with the Jags, but he's looked more confident, his arm strength is sufficient, his decision making ability is far superior to PR's, and I feel more comfortable with him under center.

One more thing.......for those who cite how Joe stood behind MB last year when he clearly shouldn't have.........I agree. That he didn't give Patrick the same opportunity only shows that Gibbs learned from that exact mistake, and wasn't willing to make the same one again this year.

It seems to me Joe feels the same way. But, because of that.......folks are willing to criticize the move. Frankly that baffles me.

keep in mind that Gibbs does want to win also, it's not like he's here just for kicks. I like Ramsey, but he's not the man right now. We've been through this before w/ Schroeder and Williams, give some time, it might work out for the better (or might not). Brunell did look much better in preseason than he did all of last year.

yeah he did look better....going against the 2nd and 3rd string defense.

Loyalty does not win football games. You could say that Pat "turned his back" on Gibbs by not showing improvement. He couldnt even read a simple overload blitz to avoid getting, sacked, fumbling and hurt. The kid simply has not progressed. You cant blame that on Gibbs.

I saw the same thing happen to McNabb last night..

Cut McNabb he hasn't progressed.

I guess Brunell turned his back on gibbs last season by stinking up the field for 9 weeks.. But still Gibbs gave him 9 weeks.. He gave Patrick 3 series..

That is the most idiotic stat I have ever seen in my life. For one, Brunell came in the latter stages of the game when we all know Gibbs likes to pound the ball. That means squat. If you want to get real technical, Moss breaking a tackle and running for a lot of yards accounted for most of Ramseys yards. Does that mean he was picking the Bears apart? No it doesnt. And no, not every other QB would have held the ball that long and extended it above his head with one hand in the pocket like that. I cant believe people are saying "well brunell passed for 70 in 3 QTRs while ramsey passed for 100 in 1." That is the biggest crock of $hit stat I have ever seen in my life. It was the playcalling, not Brunell missing targets. We pounded Portis more in the second half.

Latter stages?? Are you on crack? It was the second quarter in a close game..

I mean did you even watch the game?

OK, lets' clarify. It was the fifth play of the game.

As for the Blitz that got him hurt, he was fjust finishing his third step from center when he nearly had his head ripped off.

Brunell didn't turn the ball over because that dying duck throw that was easily picked was called back for a penalty.

I agree with Gothimus' post.

As far as Ramsey goes. He will be the next Trent Green with another team. Mark my words

so what happened last yr? he named brunell the starter, he sucked it up but gibbs stayed with him. now thats what you call giving a chance. what gibbs did to PR is a slap in the face whether u like it or not.

For one, I don't like it, but guess what, That's the way it is!! I think PR is a better QB, but I haven't coached many NFL games so I'm going on a limb and saying that Gibbs knows or sees something you or myself doesn't know or see. JG is trying to win football games, that's what I want, WINS, whether you like it or not.

When Boonell has his first pick (which will happen Monday night) and his first fumble (which will happen Monday night) I want to hear all of you Boonell supporters on Tuesday explain the reasoning.

And Ramsey wouldn't have the same thing happen? He has CLEARLY demonstrated that it wasn't a matter of "IF" he'd do something bone-headed, it was a matter of WHEN.

History says it's bound to be at a critical point in the game.

That's a stat you can go and look up.

Latter stages?? Are you on crack? It was the second quarter in a close game..

I mean did you even watch the game?

Thats you on the crack pipe buddy. MOST of his playing time came in the second half. 2 is more then 1 the last time I checked. The 3rd and 4th quarters were used for pounding the ball. You are flaming me but your idiotic stat to discount Brunell was far beyond stupid.

Archived