Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Most Heartbreaking Moment of 2004?

zoony

Sorry to put in the reply but it had to be weeks 2-5

Losing to the Giant, Cowboys, Browns, and Ravens by not them scoring on our defense but them scoring on our offense and sp teams costly fumbles and int's were killing me.

What hurt the most is that we lost each game by 6 points or less.

:doh:

:dallasuck :doh: :nutkick: the week sixteen game against the boys has to be it. we had that monkey by the tail and where about to kick him right in the nads and we let him go.and in they'er house too. man that game realy. bites. here's hoping we run over that monkey this year.

:puke:

Without a doubt both Cowgirl loses affected me the most. I just figured that the returning Gibbs would make the players understand how important the rivalry is/was.

If the players were as passionate in their hate of the turds, as I was, we would never lose these games.

Even when we don't make the playoffs these games seem like Superbowl games.

Week 16 I just had this gut feeling we were going to let it slip away again. When it happened I just sat stupified.

k...I ranted...someone toss this heartbreaking topic somewhere. Hurts to read.

I have a good feeling about this year. Week two will be huge!

:wewantd: :dallasuck :wewantd:

Personally my lowest point was being at FedEx for the Phili game.

Seeing Owens running sprints before the game with his diamond earring and that **** eating grin on his face, mixed with the trailor trash phili fans, and the skins losing on top of all that made it one miserable night.

High point, watching the Eagles lose the super bowl

:)

:eaglesuck

:point2sky

Without a doubt, the second Cowboys game. I was sitting in a sports bar alone wearing my Redskins hat waiting for the inevitable--the impossible--to happen. Sure enough, I was left in shock, disbelief, and tremendous emotional pain and anguish after the Dallas receiver broke the plane of the goal line for that touchdown. I felt so ashamed, I took my Redskins hat off not wanting people to know I was a Redskins fan, because I knew everyone would look at me and start pointing and laughing. It was as if I was on a bad trip after taking heroin or something, although I don't do drugs. I felt cursed. I immediately got up and walked out of the bar as quickly and as inconspicuously as I could. I had to leave, because the walls began closing in on me.

Next to the loss to the Raiders in Super Bowl XVIII, that was the most pain I've ever experienced as a Redskins fan. I am so tired of my favorite team losing to the team I hate more than any team in any other sport! How much more can any human being be expected to endure? We have lost 13 of 14 to the Cowboys, and I'm sure we have been favored to win 75% of those games! This plague of losing to the Cowboys has become absurd!

I've gone numb just thinking about it...and thinking about last years game!!!

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Other.....

When it began, for both our teams. :(

I'd have to go with seeing the offense get ridiculed all year by analysts, blowin' it on offense when it counted. For Tom, it's when they turned the ball over a ton against the Bears. It was over for them after that. I'm from Chicago and you guys didn't have to put up with Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel and Chad Hutchinson as your quarterbacks!

We're not so different. The PDBIP (from TMQ at NFL.com) should be fine if they can use that defense to disrupt the rhythm of the other team and make them make mistakes. Realistically, the peoples can get the Wild Card.

Originally posted by jtyler42

That Dallas game was the worst one for me b/c it brought back flashbacks of '99 when the Cowpukes beat us on a bomb to Rocket Ismail in OT....

The next one was the GB game b/c we lost on a bogus call...

Lastly as the Iggles game...Although we almost beat them they are a better team and I could stomach a loss to them better than to GB or Dallass!

My thoughts exactly...

I still had hope during the Dallas game (I always have hope with the skins till the end). It reminded me of the Ismail bomb and the game we lost in 99'.:logo:

I have been delaying opening this thread but...It had to be the Green Bay game for me. There were so many Green Bay fans in my section and for some reason they picked me to give it to all game. No class. Then we somehow got back in the game only to have that TD called back...well that was the most heartbreaking moment of '04 for me.

• 1 month later...

For me it had to be Green Bay. It was earlier in the year, when we still had a chance to win some big games. Games we could have won like this one, Baltimore, Bengals. Green Bay was also more crushing for me because it happened right there in front of me live at the stadium. It was the most extreme case of falling from utter euphoria to complete dispair in a matter of seconds. I've never seen anything like that FedEx before.

Originally posted by cakmoney61

Without a doubt, the second Cowboys game. I was sitting in a sports bar alone wearing my Redskins hat waiting for the inevitable--the impossible--to happen. Sure enough, I was left in shock, disbelief, and tremendous emotional pain and anguish after the Dallas receiver broke the plane of the goal line for that touchdown. I felt so ashamed, I took my Redskins hat off not wanting people to know I was a Redskins fan, because I knew everyone would look at me and start pointing and laughing.

:doh:

No offense Dude, but after reading that last sentence, I couldn't even finish the rest of your post. I have a hard time with fans that do that kind of thing. Support your team proudly, or don't support them at all. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but that's just bullsh*t. I would NEVER try to hide my loyalty for the Redskins (of course, my Redskins logo tattoo & my "Cowboys Suck" tattoo would make it difficult to do that). I just can't believe someone would do that.

for me, the dallas loss wasn't as bad as the packer's loss. that call to me was bogus, and i thought we would've won the game. in close second would be the eagles game, i was depressed after ramsey threw that pick, but in third was the dallas one. watching those videos brings back bad memories.

Archived