Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Most Heartbreaking Moment of 2004?

zoony

I say the Packers because Portis scored and they called it back on a phantom call. I have expected us to lose the Cowboys some kind of way as always. Plus I'm a betting man and had both the Skins on one card and the Boys on the other. We are hexed when it comes to the Cowboys.

Originally posted by New

None of 'em! 2004 aint SH_T! It's over and were in '05! HTTR!

Good point. Time to move on. Since we'll be winning the super bowl this year, why dwell on the past!

The past........is history!

:cheers:

sorry if you guys moved on to a new topic. for me it has to be the 2nd game against the cowboys. i honestly thought that this would be the game where we would beat them. i was with my dad in the hospital watching the game (he was sick, not me). but when that 7th round draft pick ran in for the touchdown, I thought i was gonna need a nurse. i remember going on the message boards the day after and seeing posts like "I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!" and "I QUIT BEING A SKINS FAN!"

the philly game was disspointing because we had a shot to win the game. i wasn't surprised that we lost though.

new year fellas. things will get better.

For me it was the Philly game .........man we had it ... it would of catapulted us into the playoffs, we would of had the confidence, and I think it would of made us forget about the whole year being horrible. When Ramsey threw that interception.. I felt so bad for him... I jumped out of my chair screaming... But everyone played their hearts out on that game.... as to the dallas game when everyone just died at the end...

December 26th, 2004, a part of me died. That bomb from Testaverde to that no name was the most sickening thing I had ever seen happen on a football field. Ugh, what an awful game. And it didn't help that LSU lost in the SAME MANNER when Tate threw that bomb to one of his receivers and he streaked into the endzone as time expired. My most 2 loved sports teams crushed my heart right after one another. The loss against Iowa didn't hurt as bad, because I had already been devastated just a short time before by that Dallas game, that is how much that game pissed me off.

GB. I scored some front row seats, and there were four Packers fans sitting in the "dream seats" in front of me. When we were down 20-7, they turned around to face all the 'Skins fans behind them and took a "victory picture".

When Portis ran the ball in for a TD, it was the most visceral moment of my life. I was absolutely freaking out. Everybody in our section was taunting the Packers fans in front of us about their "victory picture"...then I saw the flag lying on the field and Tom White made the call. Not good times.

God all of them sucked. But I had to go with Dallas because we were actually winning that time. Unbelievable. The thing that I keep coming back to is that stat that if we score 18 points a game we win 11 games and tie the Vikings. I believe averaging 18 would have been a very modest 25th best in the NFL. We're not talking huge strides to be made on offense to turn this team into a contender....

Other. I would have to say all the negative threads which continue to give life to a bunch of bad games and bad plays has been the low point of the season/off-season for me.

Anyone remember Portis' first regular season touch as a Redskin? Gibbs first regular season game back at the helm?

Originally posted by red zone

Other. I would have to say all the negative threads which continue to give life to a bunch of bad games and bad plays has been the low point of the season/off-season for me.

Anyone remember Portis' first regular season touch as a Redskin? Gibbs first regular season game back at the helm?

Took the words right out of my typing. :cheers: This will continue to feed the anti-skins fan that is showing up more and more with each tread like this one. But Vicks 44D wont fix this. A winning season will. :)

Most Ominous- Jansen

Most Infuriating- Green Bay

HeartBreaker - got to be cowgirls Week 16

2005 will be the Year of Vengeance.....Braves On the Warpath!!!

Hail :logo:

P.S. Last year I actually started to think the fix was in. So many bad and blown calls. There were times when it was just ridiculous.

i'm still pissed over that damn GB game. can't forget what it felt like to come back and score that late TD for the win and then have it called back over some BS penalty that they don't call against any team throughout the whole ****ing season. crock of ****.

as for the PHI game i was about 15 rows up in that corner of the endzone sitting in front of TO's girl and his personal trainer. the play blew... funny enough, i never knew he didn't have possesion of the INT. hadn't seen the replay until just now! damn refs.

Archived