Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Most Heartbreaking Moment of 2004?

zoony

for me being in Jersey we don't get too many skins games on television up here, so it would have had to be the first Giants game watching us turn the ball over so much, heartbreaking, especially since my dad is a giants fan and i had to listen to him about it.

Dallas pulled out my heart.... but that feagles game completely stomped on my dead corpse lol. My Vice-Principal was an Eagles fan and rocked a Mcnabb jersey the next day. Oh man, how many times did a clothesline in the hallways went through my mind.... thank god i graduate in a week :D

Originally posted by Chachie

Any Skinsfan who didn't answer "Week 16 Dallas" has got to be in some strong denial. I melted down and haven't been too enthusiastic about my Redskins since.

:puke:

Seriously. I don't know how any Skin fan could choose anything else.

Easily Dallas.

The defense played it's heart out the entire game. Even after Antonio Brown's fumble, they stuffed the Dallas O and maintained our lead.

Then they let Dallas convert the 4th and long.

Then Sean Taylor get's suckered in by Vinny and we let some scrub WR score to beat us.

It hurt when it first happened. Then as I sat there stewing as the game ended I became madder and madder.

That loss was as painful as the 99 season opener when Rocket caught the bomb in OT.

Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Wow. Thats a hard decision. Even though I hate Dallas with every mitochondria in my body, it is probably the Eagles game. It would have meant more to defeat the Eagles, atleast for me, considering they are the team to beat in the NFC East. Plus I remember layingin my bed when the drive began, to sitting up, moving to my chair, and then post-Ramsey's throw, laying back down and turning the lights off. That hurt:(. Plus one of my good friends is an Eagle fan, and I had to hear his mouth all 2nd period the following day.

Both Dallas games the Skins coulda, shoulda, woulda won. But the 2nd game the Skins literally snatched defeat out of the grips of a sure victory. Out of the 10 losses in '04? That one stung most because of "Who" it was to! A game that the Skins dominated for more than 58 1/2 minutes. The defense didn't fail. That putred offense did!:doh:

I have to disagree with this statement. Yeah, this Dallas streak kills me and I hate to lose to them, but I'd much rather go 14-2 (and a post season appearance) with 2 losses to Dallas any season. That Dallas game wasn’t as important as the GB game (which I voted for) or the Philly game. We were officially out of the playoffs before that game ended. Hell, the Cleveland game was of more importance. A non phantom-call in the GB game, a non game-ending interception in the end zone against Philly would have put us in the playoffs. Not to mention the other games against the Giants in week #2 (7 turnovers), the poor officiating of the 1st Dallas game and the bad loss to Cleveland.

We have on our hands, a playoff caliber team my friends. Don't believe the hype!!!

:point2sky IN GIBBS I TRUST!!!

It should be Dallas, but at that point I may have just about lost hope anyway. The biggest heartbreaker to me was the Green Bay game. We were so close just to have the refs take it right away. I still vividly remember Portis's TD being called back. What a horrible call.

I blacked out so many of these memories....Thanks for this post from hell to bring it back. My personal low point was the Baltimore game. I have intense rivalries with associates who are Bawlmur fans and we were such a pitiful offensive team with Brunell but the team played so hard that first half. I jumped through the roof when Cooley caught that TD. I had tears in my eyes when Ed Reed housed that fumble...deion interception in our faces...them running the clock out over a tired and mortified Defense...it literally brings depression back the second I talk about it. I knew how the season was going to go from that night on....God '04 sucked....2005 couldnt be that....could it?

I have to say that I was at the First Dallas game on Monday night. And though that was horrible, the Extreme crew on hand for that game made it bearable, ( that and the beer). Again, the second one. :cuss:

Had to be week 3 when two bogus penilties were called against us

each resulting in a scoring opportunity. one on Walt Harris for pass interferance when there was none (gave them 1st and goal at 1)and one on their cb that was never called :dallasuck :wewantd:

Dallas.

That loss kept me pissed for the rest of the season,what was left of it. Still pissed. I can't stand how the skins keep on loseing to those cowturds. Its the only thing those inbred fans can crow about, and I'm sick of it.:puke:

I voted other and would chose losing Jansen in a meaningless preseason game.

I was so excited for the return of the Hogs (unveiling of the Dirtbags), how he loved Bugel's coaching, etc.

I knew that one would hurt.

I've already blocked out the painful memories of the late Cowboys loss and the INT against Philly.

I don't know... for me it had to be the packers game because i actually got to see that play live, as opposed to the other games.... I was so happy, the whole stadium was happy, portis was happy, brunell was happy... everyone was just feelin good... and then the devil himself, Tom White, called a penalty.... i still haven't forgiven him for it

DAMN YOU TOM WHITE

Originally posted by TODD

I agree, but Green Bay was real close to getting my vote. We had that and then it wsa stripped away inexplicably. That was a horrid feeling. I remember that moment more vividly.

Dallas, without a doubt, absolutely crushed me.

In anticipation of being in DC for the holiday, not having been there in a year, I got a whole group of my Redskins buddies to get together and watch the Redskins crush the Cowpunks.

In a world of flaking out, I manage to somehow convince everybody to come, in any Redskins gear they have, with their hearts on their sleeves and their pride on their shirts.

Barbeque, beer, buds, big screen, perfect.

People I haven't seen in ages, coming together to cheer the Redskins on to victory.

At a minute and 30 left, my friends start celebrating.

I wait on that, knowing that I will explode with joy when Joe trots out to congratulate Parcell's on the cow's losing effort.

And then..

the last chance the pukes have, the heave of an old man's arm, the fall of my heroes, the moment of disbelief, a raging room goes silent, and the party, once alive and surging, dowsed with grief, slowly flickers out, barely a word uttered. Of course, there is no word to utter, in a moment like this...

Easily the Dallas game. I usually save all the videos but I can't keep the Dallas one, pisses me off to much. Funny thing was that my friend (diehard skins fan too) and I were watching that game. I was excited since it appeared the skins would win but he said just watch, the skins would blow it...

Archived