Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Most Heartbreaking Moment of 2004?

zoony

What was the most heartbreaking moment of last season?

Week 8 against GB. :mad:

http://extremeskins.com/CrazyZeb/Week8vsGB08_RobbedAgain.mpg

Week 14 against Philthy :doh:

http://extremeskins.com/CrazyZeb/Week14vsPHI19_RamseyWTF.mpg

Week 15 against Dallas. :doh: :mad: :doh: :doh: :mad:

http://extremeskins.com/CrazyZeb/Week16atDAL08_Crayton.mpg

My vote is Dallas week 16 :mad:... what's yours? (It doesn't have to be on this list.)

One more thing... I really think this goes to show how close we were last year to a 9-7 or a 10-6 season. Call me homer, but I truly believe that. When Spurrier was here I said we deserved to be a 5-11 team... but not last year. I won't even mention the Browns game... the first Dallas game... the bogus penalties all year, etc.

We were too good a team last year to finish 6-10. We pimp-slapped the Vikings in week 17... a Vikings team who thought they had to win in order to get into the playoffs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't worry folks. This year is going to be a special one. :)

:point2sky

dallas just because it was dallas. all three of those were gut wrenching. i remember the gb game, having to fight my instinct to toss whatever i was holding at the tv because i happened to be holding my then 6 month old. i was at the philly game, so that one was tough. the dallas game though, i've said it and i still believe that was the toughest loss to stomach for me since i've been a fan.

the only losses that i can compare to it are the playoff loss to the niners in gibbs final game of his first stint and a mnf loss to the dolphins when cox couldn't bang out a 67 yard fg. i don't know what season that was or why it was so tough to swallow, but i was young and that one made me cry for some reason.

Wow. Thats a hard decision. Even though I hate Dallas with every mitochondria in my body, it is probably the Eagles game. It would have meant more to defeat the Eagles, atleast for me, considering they are the team to beat in the NFC East. Plus I remember layingin my bed when the drive began, to sitting up, moving to my chair, and then post-Ramsey's throw, laying back down and turning the lights off. That hurt:(. Plus one of my good friends is an Eagle fan, and I had to hear his mouth all 2nd period the following day.

second game of the season, Giants…

In for Brunell, Ramsey throws his third interception of the game, effectively ending any chance to win.

Seven turnovers and the realization that as great as Gibbs is, he wasn’t going to be able to turn the team around overnight.

Silly I know, but come on! Gibbs was back, Super bowl baby!

:doh:

Week 15 against Dallas. I had just heard from Dallas how fans were leaving in droves, ( or something like that), because it appeared the game was lost. Sigh. Then................... :(

The biggest heartbreak for me was when the trade for Brunnell went through. I had a good idea that things were going down hill from there. On this poll though would be the Greenbay game. If we won it we had a chance to get back into the season.

That Dallas game was the worst one for me b/c it brought back flashbacks of '99 when the Cowpukes beat us on a bomb to Rocket Ismail in OT....

The next one was the GB game b/c we lost on a bogus call...

Lastly as the Iggles game...Although we almost beat them they are a better team and I could stomach a loss to them better than to GB or Dallass!

Originally posted by zoony

What was the most heartbreaking moment of last season?

Week 8 against GB. :mad:

http://extremeskins.com/CrazyZeb/Week8vsGB08_RobbedAgain.mpg

Week 14 against Philthy :doh:

http://extremeskins.com/CrazyZeb/Week14vsPHI19_RamseyWTF.mpg

Week 15 against Dallas. :doh: :mad: :doh: :doh: :mad:

http://extremeskins.com/CrazyZeb/Week16atDAL08_Crayton.mpg

My vote is Dallas week 16 :mad:... what's yours? (It doesn't have to be on this list.)

One more thing... I really think this goes to show how close we were last year to a 9-7 or a 10-6 season. Call me homer, but I truly believe that. When Spurrier was here I said we deserved to be a 5-11 team... but not last year. I won't even mention the Browns game... the first Dallas game... the bogus penalties all year, etc.

We were too good a team last year to finish 6-10. We pimp-slapped the Vikings in week 17... a Vikings team who thought they had to win in order to get into the playoffs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't worry folks. This year is going to be a special one. :)

:point2sky

please hands down, has to be Dallas.. to think that we had the fans booing their own team was fulfillment enough until the blown coverage late in the game.. not to mention the Antonio Brown fumble.. my lord, i still cringe at the thought:puke:

Most heartbreaking moment?

Too easy. You could've recorded it 5 years ago, it's all the same: Dallas.

Those two losses were painful.

I still hold out faith that karma,mojo,the force...whatever you want to call it- will change and we'll start to even the rivarly up.

Until then, it's like a bad piece of video in a continual loop. A nightmare.........:(

the worst moment was realizing early in the season, let's say the Browns or Ravens game, that Mark Brunell was simply shot as an NFL quarterback and that he wasn't going to 'get comfortable' with the offense or show any improvement based on playing.

Dallas hands down, 15 or 16 game sweep of us is sad. We almost had it, and we lose it to Testicularverde and some loser named Crayton...

At least the Eagles were good and we almost beat them, we shoulda beaten the Cowboys who are our same talent level or even lower.

Originally posted by Mickalino

Yea, thanks a LOT, zoony, for brightening our day. :rolleyes:

hey don't shoot the messenger :)

Actually... I felt sick posting this but I thought it time for the healing to begin.

I feel worse, though.

Anyone healed? :doh:

Though the Giants and Cowboys' losses were pretty tough to take, it was the Browns where I and just about everyone else realized the whole Gibbs Dream Season wasn't gonna pan out.

It was tough because the first three weeks of the season we had seen the defense play great and the offense play horrible. The week before against Dallas Brunell threw for 300+ yards and we had some stuff working against a defense that we thought was pretty good at the time. Then we go into Cleveland expecting to build on that, but fail mightily.

Archived