Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official "The Shield" thread.

Art

The preivews made it seem like Shane was hiding something else that he still hasn't told Vic about. I think Shane will pass the test but his partner won't or something. There's got to be a twist in there somewhere.

Originally posted by Isifhan

Why hate on the commish?

He just didn't fit the "bad ass" cop IMO. The commish was definately more up his alley.

Let me clarify, I'm not saying I don't like the Sheild, I wouldn't know, I've never watched it. I"m only saying I never watched it because of the actor, which it sounds like I'm probably missing a good show.

Originally posted by codeorama

He just didn't fit the "bad ass" cop IMO. The commish was definately more up his alley.

Let me clarify, I'm not saying I don't like the Sheild, I wouldn't know, I've never watched it. I"m only saying I never watched it because of the actor, which it sounds like I'm probably missing a good show.

Yeah I understand where you are coming from, I thought the same thing actually before seeing the show. How could this guy go from a pudgy father like figure in the commish to this hard ass. I read an interview with him about the time this series came out that he basically sat down with his wife and agent and said I need to take my career in a different direction. So he hit the gym and buffed up a good bit and started auditioning for these types of roles. IMO he pulls it off very well, he has the right amount of angst and attitude but still can convey that soft side when dealing with things like his son's problems. The show does do a pretty good job of not just featuring Vic but spreading the story lines throughout at least two-four characters per episode.

Originally posted by Isifhan

Yeah I understand where you are coming from, I thought the same thing actually before seeing the show. How could this guy go from a pudgy father like figure in the commish to this hard ass. I read an interview with him about the time this series came out that he basically sat down with his wife and agent and said I need to take my career in a different direction. So he hit the gym and buffed up a good bit and started auditioning for these types of roles. IMO he pulls it off very well, he has the right amount of angst and attitude but still can convey that soft side when dealing with things like his son's problems. The show does do a pretty good job of not just featuring Vic but spreading the story lines throughout at least two-four characters per episode.

It sounds like I need to check out the DVD's of the first season...

Originally posted by codeorama

I've never watched the commish so luckily I can't type cast him into that role. If you are able to strike his character from your memory and start fresh then you might be able to enjoy the shield.

I personally think he is great for the role, but he isn't the main focus of the show a la jack bauer or sledge hammer:laugh:

Give it a shot, you might be surprised.

• 1 year later...

Its time to pick up this thread agian. the new season starts tonight and the season should start of with a big bang. Lem was killed, Shane is going to have a major guilt trip IMO, Vic and cavanaugh will almost definatly get in another fight, and who the hell knows whats gonna happen with claudette as the new captain.

Lets Go the best show on tv is now back and will blow anything else out of the water, and this includes 24, lost, house, and anything else that im missing.

I've unfortunately only caught bits and pieces since about midway through season 5? (The Glen Close season) and am not really up to speed. If people don't mind spoilers can someone do a brief recap? Pretty much what happened that Shane killed Lem? I know Lem burned the money from the Money Train but that was two or three seasons ago wasn't it? Did something else happen between the two of them? I have season 5 in my netflix but the sixth isn't out yet so I'm going to be a step behind.

I'm glad to see someone dredged this up.

I had a really difficult time making it through last season because I detest Kavanaugh so much. Very well acted, but completely despicable. I want to see him off the show SO bad. I can see why they'd want him back though...not many programs can boast the reigning Oscar Winner for Best Actor among their cast. I just hope his character ends up like he did on ER...eating a bullet.

The constant witch-hunt for Vic the past few seasons has really become a grind. I would like to see them get back to Gang detail and street level crime.

Other story threads they really need to get back to:

Danni's kid (Vic's?)

Dutch strangling the cat and hooking up with that crazy woman

The Slavic dude with the foot fetish

Aceveda's rape trauma and his whore

But I have a feeling it's going to be all about Lem this year.

Lets Go the best show on tv is now back and will blow anything else out of the water, and this includes 24, lost, house, and anything else that im missing.

thems fighting words

:silly:

Ive been waiting for this show to kick back off for awhile, its definately one of my favorites.

I love The Shield. For lighter fare, try Rescue Me. It's also on FX, with Denis Leary as a New York City fireman. I like the freedom of language on these shows.

I most definatly watch rescue me. Own all the seasons just like the shield. But that wont come out till the summer so its time to focus on the shield.

Few questions, hopefully all will be answered over the next month:

(1) Will Michael Chicklis show up all fat from a relaxing offseason?

(2) Whatever happened to Julian and the whole gay thing?

(3) Will Dutch kill more than cats this year?

(4) Is it Vic's kid that popped out of that female officer chick?

(5) Will that other female officer burn Dutch?

Archived