Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annoyed

I sadly dont own any redskins gear other than an old starter jacket from middle/high school which still fits and will be busted out when I go to a game, and a winter hat. However, my stance as a skins fan still finds a way out.

The other day, I was in wal-mart, go figure, buying a football. Somehow my friend and I while in line were talking about the cowboys and that 'america's team' bs. Suddenly the cashier was like 'yeh, they are america's team, why do you think they have a hole on the roof of their stadium, so God can watch, blah blah blah" I promptly responded 'it's also known as God's crapper" He started to get pissed off and it was probably good my friend was done or the guy sounded like he woulda jumped over the counter or somethin.

Originally posted by goskins

3. (old man) "you ought to be ashamed to be wearing that jersey". (goskins) "Actually I'm proud to wear this jersey". Then the guy frowns at me and starts shaking his head. Then he had the gall to try to tell me something about his son (by this time I decided to walk away and not get into a pissing match with some old fart I had never met before in my life).

Maybe he tought you WERE Sean Taylor. In which case, I might understand his comment.

:laugh:

Originally posted by Darth Tater

Maybe he tought you WERE Sean Taylor. In which case, I might understand his comment.

:laugh:

Good one Tater,

Could be-- maybe the guy was wondering why I was riding coasters instead of being at OTA's:D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And why in the hell I was still wearing #36 when I'm now #21........:cool: :point2sky :point2sky

Originally posted by Mr. S

I sadly dont own any redskins gear other than an old starter jacket from middle/high school which still fits and will be busted out when I go to a game, and a winter hat. However, my stance as a skins fan still finds a way out.

The other day, I was in wal-mart, go figure, buying a football. Somehow my friend and I while in line were talking about the cowboys and that 'america's team' bs. Suddenly the cashier was like 'yeh, they are america's team, why do you think they have a hole on the roof of their stadium, so God can watch, blah blah blah" I promptly responded 'it's also known as God's crapper" He started to get pissed off and it was probably good my friend was done or the guy sounded like he woulda jumped over the counter or somethin.

Sounds like CrazyZeb's Subway guy got himself a new job.

;)

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

From an Eagles fan perspective..... to hell w/ what anybody says to you...... eff 'em.... they're probably the people who list some combo like Lakers, Red Wings, Cowboys, Yankees as their favorite teams.....

Hell, I even posted props to all the Skins fans sporting their gear a few weeks back

Props to Skins fans

I was born in Philly and lived there as a kid.... but Pops got transferred to DC and I've lived here now for a few decades... I have so many Skins fans friends that sport their gear w/ pride as they should.... no matter your teams record.... He!!, I distinctly remember the last game of the '98 season... the Eagles were dreadful.... they were 3-12 heading into that last week so needless to say the game wasn't on broadcast TV..... luckily I had a friend that was a bartender at a sports bar and he put the game on for me on a tv tucked waaaaaaay back in a corner..... I wore my gear.... I heard all the smack talk and laughs...... didn't matter.... if you're a die hard fan... .you support your team in good and bad years..... period

I may not like the Redskins.... and I definately am not real happy that the team I love and live and die with has never won a championship in my lifetime so far..... and the fact that you all have had the chance to enjoy 3 of them..... but I ALWAYS respect fans supporting their team and sporting the gear... ESPECIALLY in the down years.... It's all about your loyalty.... screw anybody who questions it...

peace

:cheers:

Excellent post. It's great to be able to have respect for an Eagles fan ... I think.

I've lived in many different towns in six states and there has never been any question that I am and always will be a Redskin's fan, regardless of their record.

I really haven't gotten much said to me by strangers about the Redskins or anything else for that matter, interesting.

I live in L.A. and Im amazed how many Redskins fans are here. I am lucky enough that when I step out in Skins gear, 99% of the time all I hear from are other Redskins fans. On the back of my SUV I have a piss on Dallas sticker and I usually gets beeped at and flicked off by Dallas fans (usually wearing their Dallas hat or something). I love it!! I just point and laugh.

Yeah...I live in Delaware and have to live with comments at home depot and lowe's on the weekends when I wear my skins stuff...but like I told the Eagles fan at Fed Ex field the night the Iggles took us behind the wood shed on MNF...

.....it must be sad that you have to drive to Ohio to see what a Super Bowl trophy looks like, when all I have to do is visit the Redskins store at halftime.....

Can honestly say I don't remember ever being "confronted" or even yelled at for wearing Redskins stuff. Well, ,maybe once. But that was an interesting circumstance. But overall, nope.

It's really funny,

I get somebody talking to me practically EVERY time (for good or bad) about the Skins every time I'm in public wearing Skins stuff.

Maybe, they think I'm a player or former player, since I look like a lineman.

I don't usually mind it, my wife thinks it's funny.

I guess it's just amazing how many Football fans exist....past our message board and all.

I'm curious if the old man was trying to make a statement about the fact that the 'Skins use the native american logo. There is a message board that I post on about my being a Redskins fan on (quite proudly!) and often get a little verbal abuse for the "racist" logo.

It always astounds me how misinformed people are.

Originally posted by jrockster77

Interesting side-story...I moved to AZ when I was in middle-school, and I always wore a Skins t-shirt. I moved there in 1990, and everyone always ribbed me for being a 'frontrunner' and a 'bandwagon fan', even though I insisted I had been a fan from birth.

Just trying to get people to not judge people immediately as fair-weather fans and whatnot...

how can you be 12 years old and a bandwagon fan?!?! little kids are so dumb.

I think the jersey makes a little bit more of statement then lets say a t-shirt. I doubt if you were wearing a hat or a t-shirt people would comment. A jersey would be more likely to draw ire. Tell me you don't get miffed when you see someone wearing a roy williams jersey.

Hi guys. Newbi here. This thread caught my eye. One morning about two seasons ago,I went to my local Mcdonalds here in Hampton Roads.To tell this short I had on my Bailey jersey .This customer had a worn out Smith jersey on and just started the usual crap how can I be a fan of the deadskins , they got our number and so on. I told him the reason for the open hole at Texas stadium was so God could take his usual dump in It. Then he goy stupid. He told me that he hated our skins so much that he wouldnt mind If the whole team went down in a plane crash! That was all she wrote! I busted his lip, they had to pull us apart, the employees between us. I get a lot of flak from many fans here in VA. Work with a lot of cowboy fans, man do they burn my ass about the winning streak over our skins. But I would never wish that kind of misfortune on anybody's team. Our skins have to find a way to win with coach GIBBS again. I'm also a realist, we have deep issues. A fan since 1980, die hard all the way.:)

I wouldn't let it those kind of things get to me. If I see somebody with a skins shirt on I'll go up to them in passing and something like "Nice shirt" but that's it, and I don't ever say anthing to another team fan unless I know them, or something.

Originally posted by MONTEY

That was all she wrote! I busted his lip, they had to pull us apart, the employees between us.

Haha...wow, that's pretty extreme.

Being in Mississippi, the comment I get the most when wearing my #56 jersey is, "How did you end up being a Redskins fan?" I don't mind that one so much. Of course, then I have to listen to the ramblings of a bunch of people completely ignorant of Redskins football about how horrible Dan Snyder is and all the normal misinformings of fans who don't have a place like Extremeskins.

Of course, most of them are Saints fans so I just ask them to remind me again how many playoff games they've actually won.

One other note, last year I was in DC for a day, so naturally I thought it would be appropriate to wear my Skins jersey. It was amazing to me how many negative comments I got - in DC. I was in a real tourist area I suppose, but I only saw one other guy wearing a Skins shirt. Everywhere I went, there seemed to be some Cowboy fan who had to make an ignorant statement. I was with others and we only had a few hours to tour the city, so unfortunately I had to see such places as the Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, White House, etc. instead of FedEx. Stupid tourists! :D

I am synonomis with the Redskins among the friends and associates in my city. I'm often referred to by those that don't know me that well as "That dude who always wears the redskins hat". I don't get much said to me about the redskins though, occationally my boss(raven's fan) will give me crap.

Well, at times durring the last two seasons I have regretted that altercation. Sometimes. But you're right jrfriedm, It's best to keep your cool. Manasseh, you'll get those kind of comments from a tourist every time.

it seems to me that Redskins fans catch more crap from other teams than any other. Almost as if we have NEVER been good and never will be. Haha i love it when eagles get into it with me because i always ask how many superbowls they have - almost every one gets it wrong because they are just fans since the eagles have been good not die hard like us... i feel that the cowboys fans i know surprisingly have more respect for the redskins that the eagles fans. maybe i've just got a different situation though.,,

Originally posted by goskins

Gang,

I just came back from a certain theme park in VA.

During my day there, I was wearing my Taylor jersey (ol'#36)

and I got three responses (this always happens to me when I'm in public wearing Skins merchandise):

1. A redskins (actually my waitress) fan who wondered if the team would improve from last year.

2. A guy in line on a ride-- "You're a Redskins fan, my sympathies. They'd be a good team if they had a new owner".

Both, I'd heard before and didn't bother me. The last one did.

3. (old man) "you ought to be ashamed to be wearing that jersey". (goskins) "Actually I'm proud to wear this jersey". Then the guy frowns at me and starts shaking his head. Then he had the gall to try to tell me something about his son (by this time I decided to walk away and not get into a pissing match with some old fart I had never met before in my life).

Just curious on the ES response to this, does stuff like this happen to you?

Me, if I see a guy with Cowboys, Eagles or Giants stuff-- I don't say anything, even Redskins stuff (unless I know the person or feel comfortable talking to someone).

This stuff happens to me a lot because everywhere I go (the grocery store, the mall, King's Dominion, etc.) I'm wearing my Redskins gear. If I see a Cowboys, Eagles, Giants jersey, I WILL almost definately say something. I see other Redskins gear, there is often the approving recognition between us, like a nod or a smile or something. I usually do what I can to make sure that all Cowboys fans I encounter see my tattoo. Eagles fans can be easier. I don't even have to say anything, just hold up 3 fingers. They love that. :laugh: I haven't seen a whole lot of Giants fans around here lately, tho. I wonder why that is. I have had people approach me about being a Skins fan in public places though. Several of them actually LOOKING for a fight (ie. Eagles & Cowboys fans mainly). :doh: Idiots. They are simply no match for my "five point palm exploding heart trick." ;)

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

This stuff happens to me a lot because everywhere I go (the grocery store, the mall, King's Dominion, etc.) I'm wearing my Redskins gear. If I see a Cowboys, Eagles, Giants jersey, I WILL almost definately say something. I see other Redskins gear, there is often the approving recognition between us, like a nod or a smile or something. I usually do what I can to make sure that all Cowboys fans I encounter see my tattoo. Eagles fans can be easier. I don't even have to say anything, just hold up 3 fingers. They love that. :laugh: I haven't seen a whole lot of Giants fans around here lately, tho. I wonder why that is. I have had people approach me about being a Skins fan in public places though. Several of them actually LOOKING for a fight (ie. Eagles & Cowboys fans mainly). :doh: Idiots. They are simply no match for my "five point palm exploding heart trick." ;)

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Man, nobody wants to fight a student fo Pai Mei;)

"Nobody bothers me, Nobody bothers me either;) " (a little Oldschool DC area commercial)

Archived