Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

poll: guns

PokerPacker

Originally posted by PokerPacker

i'd like to see play russian roulette with gun haters. we can use a spring-loaded clip, but i'll let them go first. they'll be enticed by the irony of a gun lover being killed by a gun, but their lack of gun knowledge will be thier demise.:shot:

:insane:

All guns should be available. Good would then have the full means to resist evil.

I’m a firm believer in the right to bear arms. My 45 saved me from a gang of thugs once. My resolve to fight and live must have been obvious to the criminals that jumped me because they cut and ran without a shot being fired. There were witnesses and I was legal to carry so the authorities simply took my statement, returned my weapon and let me go home. One note, the Police showed up well after the fact. The two dozen or more gangbangers would have beaten me to death by the time the Police showed up had I not been armed.

Some try to turn this argument around, blaming crime problems in Washington, D.C. on weak gun laws in Virginia, but the reality is that Virginia with all of its guns and few laws does not have the crime problem that plagues Washington, D.C. and its gun bans. If guns are the problem, then why is it that those areas with the most guns have the lowest crime levels? If one believes that gun control lowers crime and violence and thus guns are responsible, then these aforementioned facts are counterintuitive to the logic of gun control. This is especially true of the 31 states that have enacted concealed carry laws. Even though groups like Handgun Control, Inc. continually attacked such measures in saying that they will lead to higher crime, "blood on our streets," and "wild west shootouts," just the opposite has occurred. Those states that have enacted concealed carry measures have seen their crime rates immediately fall and continue to do so at rates in most cases faster than the national average. One of the best examples is Florida. Prior to their enactment of concealed carry laws in the late 1980s, the crime rate in Florida was higher than the national average. However, following the enactment of the concealed carry law their crime immediately began to drop and has continued to do so today. In fact, today the crime levels in Florida are considerably lower than the national average. Additionally, the U.S. state with the lowest crime rate, Vermont, also happens to be the state with the fewest gun control laws and they allow all law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons.

Originally posted by Bufford

I think we should blame Bill Clinton and David Boston.

Then we should make everybody who buys a guy, take a class on how to handle one. Like getting a drivers license. Except maybe you need to take the class once every few years to update you on how to handle anything that's new.

Clearly, anyone that buys a "guy" NEEDS to take a class on how to handle them...;)

Those new features on guys are a *****...

Originally posted by Predicto

I think Anthrax bacillis should be legal. Antrax bacillis doesn't kill people, people who misuse Anthrax bacillis kill people. :grin:

So if Anthrax was sitting in a room and a person walked in, they couldn't become infected with out human intervention?

I know that if a loaded gun is sitting in a room, I have zero chance of getting shot unless myself or another person picks up the gun and fires it.

• 1 year later...

Heck yes. We need to be able to protect ourselves. If guns are banned, they are only banned from the law abiding people. Criminals can get them without trouble. It has been well put through out this thread. You only have to look at australia for an example. I believe they outlawed all guns in the country. And the crime rate SKYROCKETED to the highest in the world.

Heck yes. We need to be able to protect ourselves. If guns are banned, they are only banned from the law abiding people. Criminals can get them without trouble. It has been well put through out this thread. You only have to look at australia for an example. I believe they outlawed all guns in the country. And the crime rate SKYROCKETED to the highest in the world.

i don't believe we've agreed on something before. here's to agreement! :cheers:

appearantly you can get it in the mail :)

Cool. Its been like forever since I've played with one of the most deadly toxins known to man :) Now, where did I put my uranium . . . . hmmm . . . I wonder if the Iranian down the street borrowed it again . . . *shrugs* :D :D :D

As far as issues go, I lean pretty far to the left. But putting major restrictions or outlawing guns altogether is one of the WORST possible things that can be done. I've read every post of this thread and the reasons are there. It cannot be reinterated enought that GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE. It's the unaware, lunatic, and often IGNORANT people that are holding them. Gun safety is a must. There's a reason why people who commit gun crimes are mostly the ones without a knowlege of them (and a good deal of the people are the ones who are against them in the first place).

You make good points....until reality sets in:

No Charges in Shooting of Unarmed Man

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/23/AR2006032301820.html ^

Posted on 03/24/2006 6:57:52 AM PST by vrwc0915

No Charges in Shooting of Unarmed Man Mother of Optometrist Killed by Police Calls Prosecutor's Decision 'Pathetic'

By Tom Jackman Washington Post Staff Writer Friday, March 24, 2006; Page B05

The Fairfax County police officer who shot an unarmed man to death in January will not be charged with a crime, the county's chief prosecutor announced yesterday, and the man's family angrily responded by claiming that a civilian in the same situation would have been arrested.

From the start, Fairfax police declared that the killing of Salvatore J. Culosi, 37, was an accident and that the SWAT officer who fired had done so unintentionally. Fairfax Commonwealth's Attorney Robert F. Horan Jr. said that when a person fires a gun without malice and unintentionally kills someone, "they do not commit a crime."

Anita Culosi, mother of slain optometrist Salvatore J. Culosi, with son Christopher, said Salvatore had "his whole life . . . ahead of him." "I feel for the family of the victim in this case," Horan said. "You have to. But I also feel for the police officer. This is a good police officer. Fine record, almost 17 years. He's as shattered by this as any good police officer should be."

So I guess this 17 year veteran of the Fairfax county police department is an unaware ignorant lunatic. :cop:

BTW, I believe the Fairfax police department is one of the best in the country. However, there was no reason at all to be pointing a loaded gun at a peaceful man who liked to gamble.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1602336/posts

It's the only sound opinion, and I NEVER want the cops in my town to feel outgunned because some wacko has an automatic he picked up at the local Guns -n- Bibles store

:laugh::laugh: the sad part is that these two topics account for more than half the

republican vote :doh: are we feeling duped yet? :doh:

I voted all guns should be legal except for full autos. I do however think that all guns should be registered. Also that when a gun is sold by a private individual, that seller must do the same backround check as a store would or

face penalties and responsiblity for crimes committed with that gun.

Archived