Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

poll: guns

PokerPacker

You want to defend your home? Fine. A rifle or a shotgun will do it. You want to hunt? Fine. A rifle or a shotgun is just what you need. You have any legitimate need for a weapon outside of law enforcement or the military? We gotcha covered with a rifle or shotgun.

Oh, wait, you say you want to sneak a gun into a bank or a subway or a school or an Inauguration? Got crime on your mind? Then you need a handgun, my friend.

Oh, I'm sorry. You want to kill 35 complete strangers before they can react? Automatic weapons are the only way to go then. Or maybe a mortar...

Originally posted by Huly

but how does owning gun make you feel safe. Wouldn't an alarm system do the same?

An alarm system will let me know someone is attempting to break in to my house, my dogs will do that. Once they are in, what then?

If they are in, we have a means to prevent them from harming us, with an alarm system, I have to wait 10 minutes or so for the police to arrive, my wife could be dead by then.

Originally posted by Predicto

You want to defend your home? Fine. A rifle or a shotgun will do it. You want to hunt? Fine. A rifle or a shotgun is just what you need. You have any legitimate need for a weapon outside of law enforcement or the military? We gotcha covered with a rifle or shotgun.

Oh, wait, you say you want to sneak a gun into a bank or a subway or a school or an Inauguration? Got crime on your mind? Then you need a handgun, my friend.

Oh, I'm sorry. You want to kill 35 complete strangers before they can react? Automatic weapons are the only way to go then. Or maybe a mortar...

It's hard to hide a shotgun or rifle in a kitchen drawer or nightstand.

Besides, if criminals KNEW that hand guns were illegal, would that stop them from getting them and what would happen now that the odds go up that their potential mugging victim is unarmed?

What do you think stops a potential mugger or catburgler more, the police or the threat that the victim may be armed?

Originally posted by codeorama

Besides, if criminals KNEW that hand guns were illegal, would that stop them from getting them and what would happen now that the odds go up that their potential mugging victim is unarmed?

What do you think stops a potential mugger or catburgler more, the police or the threat that the victim may be armed?

Well here is a question... theoretically... if there were a protective device that could be carried like a gun, but just incapcitate a person would you still use a gun or the non-lethal device?

Originally posted by codeorama

Why hide it? Hang it up over the mantelpiece for all I care. A loaded handgun in a nightstand is a good way to get your own kids' brains splattered all over the headboard.

Originally posted by pez

Well here is a question... theoretically... if there were a protective device that could be carried like a gun, but just incapcitate a person would you still use a gun or the non-lethal device?

Me personally, I'd still use a gun. IMO, I like the idea that a criminal HAS to understand that if they break into a house, they could lose their life. That's a HUGE consequence for breaking the law IMO.

Originally posted by pez

When was the last time you saw a drive-by hammering on the news?

When was the last you saw an upstanding citizen, who happens to be a gun collector, or hunter, or recreational target shooter do a drive by................give me an effin breake, some of you people live in a damn fantasy world.

Maybe if we all plant enough flowers, and think real happy thoughts tonight, we'll wake up, and all the bad things will be gone forever. Wouldn't that be awesome!!!

Truth is, when you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns, I saw that on a billboard once, it was probably in the south too.

:D

Originally posted by pez

Lethal, by all means. Once less pathetic, punkass, scumbag sucking air and taking up space. Yes, those are my true feelings.

"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?"

"Mayor: I don't want any more trouble like you had last year in the Fillmore District. Understand? That's my policy.

Callahan: Yeah, well, when an adult-male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the ****, that's my policy.

Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?

Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.

Mayor: (after Callahan has left) I think he's got a point."

Originally posted by pez

There is such things it is called Pepper spray and a stun gun.

Originally posted by Huly

There is such things it is called Pepper spray and a stun gun.

To use either of those, you have to be close to the "criminal"... I don't want the criminal close to my wife. If someone is in my house, they are going to get shot before they can get close.

Originally posted by Jody

Truth is, when you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns, I saw that on a billboard once, it was probably in the south too.

Let me guess you own a gun, like to hunt and you know nothing about the south?

Because on the comment you made above. It annoys me how most people relate everything they do not like to the South. In all honesty it ticks me off. Sorry to lash out at your post rubbed me the wrong way. The South has nothing to do with a debate on guns. Guns are everywhere!

And I do not live in a fantasy world. I just do not believe in guns. I do not see a purpose for them. The only thing they do is injure or kill people or animals.

When was the last you saw an upstanding citizen, who happens to be a gun collector, or hunter, or recreational target shooter do a drive by................give me an effin breake, some of you people live in a damn fantasy world.

Maybe if we all plant enough flowers, and think real happy thoughts tonight, we'll wake up, and all the bad things will be gone forever. Wouldn't that be awesome!!!

Read a little closer next time... we are talking about the tool, not the person...

You don't have believe in owning guns, it's not a religion, it's a constitutional right.

Cars kill people, we still drive.

Cancer kills, people still smoke.

I guess we should just stay locked up in our houses, where it's nice,cozy, and safe. The world is never going to be perfect, anytime you walk outside, there's gonna be a thousand different things that could hurt or kill you. I'm more worried about some whacko drunk driver hitting me head on, than I am getting shot.

Jody

You don't have believe in owning guns, it's not a religion, it's a constitutional right.

Cars kill people, we still drive.

Cancer kills, people still smoke.

I guess we should just stay locked up in our houses, where it's nice,cozy, and safe. The world is never going to be perfect, anytime you walk outside, there's gonna be a thousand different things that could hurt or kill you. I'm more worried about some whacko drunk driver hitting me head on, than I am getting shot.

Jody

The constitution put in the right to bear arms intending upon protecting people from english troops during the revolution, it has no practical means today...

I don't mind people with hunting rifles, (I don't like it, but I can live with it) but there is no reason our society needs hand-guns or automatic weapons...

As for living in a fantasy world or locking my self up, why is it irrational to want to live in a safe society where I don't have to watch 5-10 gun deaths per night on the news?

Originally posted by pez

Read a little closer next time... we are talking about the tool, not the person...

Thank you very much for making my point for me.

You take away all the guns, sorry, you "try" to take away the guns. Chances are, the everyday law abiding citizen, who has never pointed a gun at anyone, much less shot someone, will more than likely give them up without as much as an arguement.

But on the other hand, the drug pushing, murderer, ganster, criminal, will probably not surrender their weapons as peacefully.

I agree, it would be nice to keep the guns away from the bad guys. But it just don't work that way.

Thank you very much for making my point for me.

You take away all the guns, sorry, you "try" to take away the guns. Chances are, the everyday law abiding citizen, who has never pointed a gun at anyone, much less shot someone, will more than likely give them up without as much as an arguement.

But on the other hand, the drug pushing, murderer, ganster, criminal, will probably not surrender their weapons as peacefully.

I agree, it would be nice to keep the guns away from the bad guys. But it just don't work that way.

I am not saying it is an easy thing... it won't be. We have to figure out a way to take the guns out of everyones hands law abiding as well as criminals...

We can't just say... "oh, its too hard" and walk away..

The thing is, without a law abolishing hand-guns and auto's, how are you going to take it out of anyones hands?

Archived