Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

poll: guns

PokerPacker

Originally posted by chomerics

Semi-auto OK, auto, not OK. You buy back the guns and make them illegal, it's actually quite easy.

If it was that easy it would have been done already. I wouldent give mine back. and what exactly is the differance?(for your sake of arguement that is ) semi -fully? Hell most people using an auto would probably miss more than than they hit. Therefore in theory using up the ammo faster. Many times in history troops were not given fully for that reason alone, more lethal when they actually take the time to aim, vs just unloading a auto clip and wasting ammo.

Originally posted by NACSkins

If it was that easy it would have been done already. I wouldent give mine back. and what exactly is the differance?(for your sake of arguement that is ) semi -fully? Hell most people using an auto would probably miss more than than they hit. Therefore in theory using up the ammo faster. Many times in history troops were not given fully for that reason alone, more lethal when they actually take the time to aim, vs just unloading a auto clip and wasting ammo.

Thus the 3 shot burst. For a auto to be really dangerous, you have to be tactically knowledgable. Otherwise, like NAC kinda said, your just some fool putting hole in everything but what your trying to hit. And if your that tactically knowledgable, a semi auto will work just fine.

Originally posted by dchogs

NAC-

what sport uses auto? just curious. I personally thing that all guns should be legal. I don't see a purpose for autos, but drawing the line there is arbitrary.

There are nation wide competitions that use them for sport. (target, skill, different types of drills) Do a search i am sure you can find several clubs. (possibly in your area) although not sure of CA laws.

Originally posted by MrSilverMaC

Thus the 3 shot burst. For a auto to be really dangerous, you have to be tactically knowledgable. Otherwise, like NAC kinda said, your just some fool putting hole in everything but what your trying to hit. And if your that tactically knowledgable, a semi auto will work just fine.

LOL yeah and like he said, therefore even making a bolt action more lethal. i.e. Snipers.

There's nothing wrong with restrictions on Guns...

If you own a gun you should have to qualify every year. If you have a family there should be a refresher training course on safety every year.

Treat guns the same way as cars. Cars are much more dangerous to people every day.

Originally posted by Thiebear

There's nothing wrong with restrictions on Guns...

If you own a gun you should have to qualify every year. If you have a family there should be a refresher training course on safety every year.

Treat guns the same way as cars. Cars are much more dangerous to people every day.

Can't say I disagree totally, gun training and saftey is ESENTIAL to owning a gun. But I cant say I agree with that being mandatory. I refresh every year, a month or so before dove season (shoot clays to sharpen the skills) , then during hunting season! :D

Originally posted by MrSilverMaC

Do you own a gun Cho? Have you fired many? Just curious.

Yes/No, and Yes. I have owned several guns, but they are currently at my garndparents house in Pennsylvania. I currently don't keep any guns in my house because I don't hunt in Mass. We don't even have a rifle season, only shotgun, muzzleloader and bow.

When I used to hunt, I would have a 12-gauge and a Remington 30.06 composite w/scope at the house. I used to hunt deer all the time and I was brought up to have a good deal of respect for guns, their uses and why to have them. Where hunting has been one of my past loves and I don't have the time or energy to devote to the sport, I have not had the need or desire to keep a gun around.

Also out of curosity what are the rules in MA for owning a gun?

FID for shotgun/muzzleloader/rifle, you need a permit for a handgun which required a backround check and a reason for owning the gun. You also need a permit for an automatic, but these are much harder to come by, even harder then a license to carry.

I have no problems with the gun laws in my state and I support them, the problem arises when you have some states where it is VERY easy to purchase guns which can do a MASSIVE amount of dammage.

I have no problem supporting laws that make it illegal for certian people with criminal records to own guns, and i support laws that require a background check. But I dont support banning a gun just for the fact that it is rapid fire and not single shot or semi-auto. Some people dont have the right to own a gun after they break the law. but that should not keep people like myself (model citizen) from owning one and or purchasing one.

I hate guns all types all kinds, hunting etc. I hate it all. I would perfer they were all illegal. That is just me though!

As for the comments made on the South, I am trying to ignore them. You can not take one small part and say the entire south is that way. I feel like I am constantly defending my southern states as I love them (remember I am from SC). The south gets blamed for a lot of things and stereotyped.

If all guns were illegal only the bad people would have them..

Like D.C. all good people would be like fish in a barrel...

I 'believe' stats have shown a safer society on a state by state basis when 'everyone' can have guns vs. the D.C. idea?

not positive though

Like i said earlier u cant blame the Gun for the Humans action!

agreed, a gun is only as deadly as the person behind it. However, you guys gave reasons for legal automatics, which are relatively new on the market. You said they are used at sporting shows and whatnot. Thing is, the more readily available they are, the better chances of them falling into the wrong hands. Same with my argument on handguns. Maybe there are stats that show safer cities based on less control of guns, but I just think some street gangs get ahold of some automatic rifles, and they can cause a lot of havoc with those. Id just rather limit sales to rifles/shotguns for hunting and whatnot.

I dont think background checks and continued checks are no more a violation of privacy than visual profiles are at airports for arab looking people. Just saying if we can do that, we should also have stricter control on sales.

Also, again, the Constitutional argument was made when only muzzle loading smoothbores were around, with some pistols (reserved mainly for officers, and that too they werent revolvers yet). In order to form a militia against the power of Britain, they needed to allow people to have guns, and that too, until a war, they needed them for hunting for survival.

hmmm I keep hearing that guns don't kill people. I was recently watching a show that included an autopsy, and the doctor said that the bullet severed a main artery, which caused the person's death... So fine... guns can be legal, just make bullets illegal :D

It is not legal to won an Automatic (machine gun) weapon in any state. Although, there might be the ability to get one with a special license for Body Guard work and such.

Mostly, when you here people talking about Auto's, they're are talking about semi-automatic weapons. This means you can fire one bullet with one pull of the trigger without having to **** the weapon. All guns, pistols, rifles and shotguns come semi-auto.

You can actually shoot a revolver faster than you can shoot a semiautomatic pistol if you are skilled.

Originally posted by Huly

Well what good do guns do?

They help me protect my family and property from the criminals that would have guns even if they were illegal.

My wife is trained to use the guns in our home as well and SHE feels much safer knowing they are there and she can get to them if needed.

Archived