Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

poll: guns

PokerPacker

I draw the line at automatic weapons. IMHO, their only purpose is killing people. If the guns are made legal for collecting, make the bullets for the automatics illegal.

It's the only sound opinion, and I NEVER want the cops in my town to feel outgunned because some wacko has an automatic he picked up at the local Guns -n- Bibles store (not that I need to worry about that in Mass though, see living in a liberal state isn''t bad:))

Originally posted by chomerics

I draw the line at automatic weapons. IMHO, their only purpose is killing people. If the guns are made legal for collecting, make the bullets for the automatics illegal.

It's the only sound opinion, and I NEVER want the cops in my town to feel outgunned because some wacko has an automatic he picked up at the local Guns -n- Bibles store (not that I need to worry about that in Mass though, see living in a liberal state isn''t bad:))

Why do you have to inject a negative connotation about religion? Someone's religious views have NOTHING to do with being responsible enough to use a firearm.

Originally posted by Johnny Punani

Why do you have to inject a negative connotation about religion? Someone's religious views have NOTHING to do with being responsible enough to use a firearm.

Huh :confused:

edit: Oh, the bibles comment? It has nothing to do with religion, it was basically a joke on the south. . . everywhere you drive you see a bible store or a gun store, I'll send you pictures of Huntsville Alabama if you want, but that was the intention of the joke.

It was NOT meant to be a joke on religion, just so we are clear.

leave religion out of it, the gun debate as far as I know stems only between the Constitution and people. I do not see a need for handguns, concealed weapons and whatnot. Rifles and shotguns, sure, people like going hunting dont they? Handguns, I just dont see the need for it.

An argument is that a person who owns a handgun doesnt necessarily imply they will use it for killing or anything. To me though, I just dont see the need for a semi-automatic handgun being in the hands of the everyday person, what are you going to use it for? Also, the black market trade happens due to the availability of guns.

Automatic weapons, I dont know much about, but again, any reason to be able to shoot so fast and often? I think the idea of muzzle loading rifle hunting is more intriguing, more skill and accuracy involved.

Anyways, id just prefer no handguns and automatic weapons, but rifles and shotguns are alright, usually used for hunting more anyways. If going back to the context of the American Revolution and the Constitution, in order to form a militia, peope had their smoothbore muskets, pistols were pretty scarce at the time and reserved for the wealthy and officers.

Huh :confused:

edit: Oh, the bibles comment? It has nothing to do with religion, it was basically a joke on the south. . . everywhere you drive you see a bible store or a gun store, I'll send you pictures of Huntsville Alabama if you want, but that was the intention of the joke.

It was NOT meant to be a joke on religion, just so we are clear.

Chom,

I live in the south after growing up in a "progressive" state(Maryland). I've never seen a Guns -n- Bibles store or a Gun store near a Bible store. I'm sorry to say I have seen a drive through liquor store and a fireworks/liquor store. :doh:

Chom,

I live in the south after growing up in a "progressive" state(Maryland). I've never seen a Guns -n- Bibles store or a Gun store near a Bible store. I'm sorry to say I have seen a drive through liquor store and a fireworks/liquor store. :doh:

Yes that was a sad stereotypical comment about the south.

All guns should be legal. And I have a question. How would you make the bullets for automatics illegal? Since they use the very same calibers as a semi auto. I have a semi auto ar15, by banning .223's I would not be able to shoot my fine firearm again. Or since I have a .45, a Thompson sub uses the same caliber, you'd be making it illegal for over half of the hand gun owners in the U.S to ever use there handgun again

Chom,

WOW, I was just down in Huntsville for testing. I $hit you not, on the main drag by UAB , there are 5 bible stores and 3 gun stores. I had assumed most of the south was like this. . . I will admit, I have not been "all over the south", but through my limited viewing, that's what it felt like. . . Guns, bibles and Walmart. I guess it is stereotyping and it was wrong, but it was meant as a redneck joke not a religious one.

I didn't think it would come off as a religious joke, but obviously it did and for that I am sorry.

Originally posted by MrSilverMaC

All guns should be legal. And I have a question. How would you make the bullets for automatics illegal? Since they use the very same calibers as a semi auto. I have a semi auto ar15, by banning .223's I would not be able to shoot my fine firearm again. Or since I have a .45, a Thompson sub uses the same caliber, you'd be making it illegal for over half of the hand gun owners in the U.S to ever use there handgun again

Yes, right now it is the same ammo, but it doesn't HAVE to be that way. . . It would be just as easy to design the automatic weapons to be used with different ammo.

WOW, I was just down in Huntsville for testing. I $hit you not, on the main drag by UAB , there are 5 bible stores and 3 gun stores. I had assumed most of the south was like this. . . I will admit, I have not been "all over the south", but through my limited viewing, that's what it felt like. . . Guns, bibles and Walmart. I guess it is stereotyping and it was wrong, but it was meant as a redneck joke not a religious one.

I didn't think it would come off as a religious joke, but obviously it did and for that I am sorry.

I understand and it did have a little humor to it, u have to also keep in mind AL is a little Bassakwards. Not all of the South is like that. (not ment to offend anyone from AL) :) But i am sure those things are in several southern states.

Yes, right now it is the same ammo, but it doesn't HAVE to be that way. . . It would be just as easy to design the automatic weapons to be used with different ammo.

LOL is that realistic? And Why ban them again? Because they are rapid fire? I assure you after several instances in the past most law enforcement agencies have enough autos to use in defence. Its not right to ban something because some lunatic misuses it.

And what do you do with all the existing fully auto guns that are already in existence? What about guns that aren't fully auto, that only have 3 shot bursts? Or why not semi auto's too? Bolt actions are fun

Originally posted by NACSkins

LOL is that realistic? And Why ban them again? Because they are rapid fire? I assure you after several instances in the past most law enforcement agencies have enough autos to use in defence. Its not right to ban something because some lunatic misuses it.

What about when police misuse them also? Wasn't there a cop in N.J that went on a shooting spree with his MP5 like 3 or 4 years ago? Killed his wife and his C.O. I'd say if civilians can't have them, neither should police

What about when police misuse them also? Wasn't there a cop in N.J that went on a shooting spree with his MP5 like 3 or 4 years ago? Killed his wife and his C.O. I'd say if civilians can't have them, neither should police

Like i said earlier u cant blame the Gun for the Humans action!

And what do you do with all the existing fully auto guns that are already in existence? What about guns that aren't fully auto, that only have 3 shot bursts? Or why not semi auto's too? Bolt actions are fun

Semi-auto OK, auto, not OK. You buy back the guns and make them illegal, it's actually quite easy.

Archived