Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

Virginia Newspaper Apologizes for the Word "****ing" in Kids' Section

NSFW language at link.

Will somebody please think of the ****ing children?

Today's Staunton News Leader, a Gannett newspaper based in Virginia, came with a little surprise for the children. In a "Kid's Corner" sidebar buried in the weather section, the caption accompanying a Crayoned drawing included the word "****ing." As in: If you’re a ****ing idiot, it can be fun to refer to your draft site as “the war room.” Wait, what?

The arbitrary caption is a line of copy pasted directly from The Onion's "Tips For Hosting A Fantasy Football Draft," published last Friday. (See left.) Romenesko points us to the paper's online apology, which specifies that the objectionable section was laid out and submitted by third-party vendor, Accuweather.com.

Edited by The Evil Genius

The onion has some good stuff.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/the-nfls-top-10-running-backs,33535/

With football training camps underway, Onion Sports is preparing fans for the upcoming 2013 NFL season by ranking players at every position. Here’s a helpful guide to the league’s best running backs.

10. DeMarco Murray: Onion Sports felt obligated to put a player from the Cowboys on this list so whiny fans in Dallas will stop complaining

9. Reggie Bush: Has all the good qualities you look for in a running back and yet, alas, how true that many perfect parts may form an imperfect, unsettling whole

8. Michael Vick: The talented Philadelphia tailback is expected to utilize some trick throwing plays in Chip Kelly’s new offense

7. Frank Gore: Coming off a season in which he racked up 259 carries for 1,212 yards, Gore seems poised to rack up 259 carries for 1,212 yards

6. Maurice Jones-Drew: Dominates the backfield with a mixture of athleticism and explosive speed that he hopes will be enough to help him break free from any contract

5. C.J. Spiller: In prime position to ride Kevin Kolb’s futility all season long

4. Trent Richardson: After an impressive rookie season for the Browns, don’t be surprised if this year he breaks out for over 1,000 completely wasted yards

3. Ray Rice: Quick feet and small stature should allow him to blow through the new vacancies in the Ravens’ offensive line

2. Arian Foster: Tough running back who proved doubters wrong that he wasn’t durable enough to handle the punishing disappointment of playing for the Texans

1. Adrian Peterson: Stiff-arm has dramatically improved since he began using the hand not carrying the ball

• Like 1

Apparently this was put up in Arlington, VA at the cost to taxpayers of $13,000:

9197214114_602404e0e2_z.jpg

Really?  Do people need to be told that?

Does someone who orders hot coffee need a lid that says...caution hot?

Do people need to be told not to dry their hair in the tub?

should I go on?

Does someone who orders hot coffee need a lid that says...caution hot?

Do people need to be told not to dry their hair in the tub?

should I go on?

Then they should have signs listing all the other stupid things you shouldn't do in your car.  Thousands of them.

Apparently this was put up in Arlington, VA at the cost to taxpayers of $13,000:

Really?  Do people need to be told that?

YES ABSOLUTELY.  My commute is down 66, and in the last 12 months i have SEEN 4 cars run into the back of the car in front of them.  Actually seen it happen.  Think about that and how small of a % of the total amount of traffic I can personally view.  If you drive down 66 on a normal day, probably 50% of the people are texting or on the phone, mostly texting.  I don't really have a problem with being on the phone, but texting requires you to take your eyes off the road.  FIFTY PERCENT is my serious, no-bull**** estimate.  I want to have someone drive me up and down 66 one day with a video camera to prove this, then put it on youtube, and send it to the state police and every state politician.  It is insane crazy how much people do not ****ing pay attention on 66.  

Edit:  My solution is not a sign, people won't see it b/c they are busy texting.  My solution is to task a cop in an unmarked car to do nothing but ticket people that are texting and driving.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz