Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD-SKINS/Eagles

Blondie

Originally posted by Tarhog

These aren't Gibbs players. He has to play with the hand he's been dealt. Its his FIRST year back. We just aren't that good yet. Its no great mystery. New offense, new defense, new coaches....the criticism is just way over the top.

I think the excuses are way over the top. This offense is far worse than under Spurrier with the addition of Portis (Gibbs RB) & Brunnel (Gibbs QB). They can't even come close to treading water from last season. This is ridiculous. You said it yourself...NEW DEFENSE. That coach isn't having problems. So why is Gibbs?

The Eagles were clearly a better team today. We commit penalties. We drop passes. The QB can't find open receivers downfield, and when he does, he over throws them. I also thought some of Gibbs play calling needs to be questioned. He was a bit conservative and that QB sneek was ridiculous.

Originally posted by afparent

I say this with tears in my eyes....JG is not the same coach he was before...

I have been thinking this for a couple of weeks now but didn't say anything in fear of bing bashed by the board. You look in his eyes when they show him on the sideline and he looks a little lost. It's hard to explain.

the Redskins evaluated the offensive line and decided to make ZERO changes in the offseason. Center and guard were question marks. Gardner was a question mark. Brunell was a disastrous move.

the only move for a productive player was Portis and we paid out the a$$ to get him on the roster.

Archived