Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD-SKINS/Eagles

Blondie

it's clear now that at age 63 that Joe Gibbs has come back averse to taking any real chances to be successful. He is not going to challenge defenses down the field because of the risk of turnovers and is now caught with a team that isn't talented enough to just knock people off the ball and run the ball down their throats.

the option of the forward pass is still there each week, but Gibbs seems to believe we can win games throwing hitches and receiver screens.

won't happen.

this week was an opportunity to start afresh and do some different things in a tough situation.

instead it was the same old, same old strategy except with a new eunuch at quarterback.

that's not Patrick Ramsey out there. It is Patrick Ramsey trying to pretend he is Mark Brunell.

Originally posted by Tarhog

Whats so disappointing is to see so many of you jump ship in Gibbs first year back. Gibbs isn't responsible for the decade of sucking since he left. He can't 'turn it all around' in a single season. And those of you who pretend you are so freaking smart if only Gibbs would do what you say, we'd be 7-3, just sound ridiculous.

All NFL coaches make decisions that are successful and decisions that don't pan out. Look at Parcells....after his first season, most had him a slot lined up in the next 3 Super Bowls....now, he's down in the gutter with us. I guess he's a joke too, huh?

Seriously guys. Its his FIRST year. His FIRST year. Repeat after me. Its his FIRST year. Calm the 'F' down.

Fine. How do you explain the obvious miscues with respect to playcalling, time management, and personnel selection? Don't make the playoffs first time back? Ok. But get blown out like this? Come on. We'll see, but it doesn't look good for him this time around.

Whats so disappointing is to see so many of you jump ship in Gibbs first year back. Gibbs isn't responsible for the decade of sucking since he left. He can't 'turn it all around' in a single season. And those of you who pretend you are so freaking smart if only Gibbs would do what you say, we'd be 7-3, just sound ridiculous.

All NFL coaches make decisions that are successful and decisions that don't pan out. Look at Parcells....after his first season, most had him a slot lined up in the next 3 Super Bowls....now, he's down in the gutter with us. I guess he's a joke too, huh?

Seriously guys. Its his FIRST year. His FIRST year. Repeat after me. Its his FIRST year. Calm the 'F' down.

Agreed

Ramsey had opportunities the hook up on long passes...he overthrew them, pretty badly. As for the 'dink and dunk', how is it that you know those weren't check-off passes thrown because Patrick chose to throw them, whether because the receivers were covered, or because he didn't feel safe throwing the passes?

Do you guys have ESP?

I don't expect Joe to turn us into a winning team, or a playoff team for that matter in the first year. What bothers me is the fact that we look more ridiculous out there than we did with Spurrier. Everything from the time management issues, the ultra-conservative playcalling, the questionable personel packages (McCants today in the 1 WR set as a decoy, yet not in the 3 WR sets where he can exploit the middle. Ladel Betts in on passing downs most of the game). Even if it is his first year, the offense should be showing improvement from week to week, or at least throughout the year, however it has not.

Settle down Francis

Yes, it's his first year "back", not his first year. In the past you could see improvement, I have seen none this year. I'm not saying we should can his ass, I'm just saying he needs to make some freaking changes. Do something, shake things up a little bit, for crying out loud, we are the only team that has not put up at least 20 in 1 game this year. Oakland, Miami and San Fran have and they SUCK

Archived