Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peter King - MMQB (NFC East) How they'll finish.......

hobbs

As a Cowboy fan its always good to see what a respect professional in the business thinks of the teams that he has seen in the preseason. I give these opinions more weight then i do fan polls with are biased and full of homerism.

---------------

MMQB - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/09/03/mmqb/

HOW THEY'LL FINISH

NFC EAST

Cowboys 11-5

Eagles* 10-6

Redskins 8-8

Giants 4-12

NFC NORTH

Vikings 10-6

Packers* 9-7

Lions 6-10

Bears 5-11

NFC SOUTH

Panthers 12-4

Saints 9-7

Buccaneers 8-8

Falcons 7-9

NFC WEST

Seahawks 12-4

Rams 9-7

Niners 4-12

Cardinals 4-12

AFC EAST

Patriots 11-5

Bills 9-7

Jets 8-8

Dolphins 8-8

AFC NORTH

Ravens 10-6

Steelers* 9-7

Browns 9-7

Bengals 6-10

AFC SOUTH

Colts 10-6

Jaguars 8-8

Titans 8-8

Texans 4-12

AFC WEST

Broncos 11-5

Chiefs* 11-5

Raiders 4-12

Chargers 2-14

*Wild-card team

WILD-CARD PLAYOFFS

AFC Colts 38, Steelers 13; Chiefs 29, Ravens 14

NFC Cowboys 20, Packers 17; Eagles 31, Vikings 21

DIVSIONAL PLAYOFFS

AFC Broncos 31, Chiefs 19; Patriots 38, Colts 30

NFC Seahawks 17, Eagles 14; Cowboys 24,Panthers 22

CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES

AFC Broncos 16, Patriots 13

NFC Seahawks 23, Cowboys 21

SUPER BOWL XXXIX

Broncos 30, Seahawks 13

3. I don't get a good vibe about the Eagles. If you pin me down, it has something to do with Terrell Owens, but it's more than that.

5. Kansas City's overrated. Dallas is underrated (even with likely backup quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee being one snap away from playing for 40-year-old Vinny Testaverde, because Romo sits to pee may have had the best preseason of any Cowboy), as is Cleveland. Pittsburgh will be better than everyone thinks.

7. Bad year for New Jersey football and Bay Area football. Jets, Giants, Niners, Raiders ... no more than one of them will be over .500.

8. MVP: Jake Plummer.

9. Coach of the Year: Mike Holmgren.

10. Rookies of the Year: Detroit RB Kevin Jones (offense), Arizona DL Darnell Dockett (defense).

8. I think you might not have heard of two guys who were the best backs I saw in this preseason: Pittsburgh's Verron Haynes and Dallas' ReShard Lee. But they should both get real playing time starting this week. I still think Jerome Bettis should take the first carry for the Steelers, not Duce Staley.

9. I think Eddie George has had better preseasons. Minus a 23-yard run he had against Oakland, George rushed 23 times for 28 yards. But because Julius Jones is in the Cowboys' doghouse -- he asked out of the Tennessee preseason game after feeling winded last Monday -- George is still vital to this team. If I were Bill Parcells, I'd throw the irrepressible Lee in there for six or eight touches Sunday against Minnesota.

10. I think it looks more and more like the Vikings have gotten a huge break regarding the probable suspension of running back Onterrio Smith for four games. Looks like his appeal won't be adjudicated until after the first game. Which means the Vikings' backfield will have at least one stud (with Michael Bennett doubtful) to face one of the best run defenses, Dallas', in game one.

As a Cowboy fan its always good to see what a respect professional in the business thinks of the teams that he has seen in the preseason. I give these opinions more weight then i do fan polls with are biased and full of homerism.[/Quote]

Is it me or is he being very hypocritical here? Or just trying to be funny?

He says he doesn't take a lot of weight into fan polls because of homerism. But admits right away he is a Cowboy fan and predicts them to win the NFC East. Am I missing something?

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Is it me or is he being very hypocritical here? Or just trying to be funny?

He says he doesn't take a lot of weight into fan polls because of homerism. But admits right away he is a Cowboy fan and predicts them to win the NFC East. Am I missing something?

Tom, he's a Cowboy fan. ;)

umm i think i figured it out... he will make as many weird out of the blue predictions... archieve it... and it one of them do somehow turns out to be correct... he will make a feature article about how great he is and how only he can see things for what they truely are...

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

He says he doesn't take a lot of weight into fan polls because of homerism. But admits right away he is a Cowboy fan and predicts them to win the NFC East.

I didn't predict anything. Those projections were Peter King's.

Somehow I knew that 'Skin fans wouldn't take kindly to Mr. King's forecast:laugh:

Originally posted by Drex

I have a hard time believing Plummer is going to have an MVP season when he has lost the services of perhaps his two best weapons on offense, Portis and Sharpe.

Not to mention the offensive line coach Alex Gibbs, the real reason for the success of their "system" running backs.

Originally posted by hobbs As a Cowboy fan its always good to see what a respect professional in the business thinks of the teams that he has seen in the preseason.

I give these opinions more weight then i do fan polls with are biased and full of homerism.

If you give respected professionals more weight than fan polls, why are you quoting Peter King? Let's see some articles from respected professionals.

Originally posted by hobbs

Somehow I knew that 'Skin fans wouldn't take kindly to Mr. King's forecast:laugh:

King predicted the Giants last season..so what does he know?

If you knew the reaction why aren't you on a site that cares about your point of view?

Every time I log on here there is always someone that is either a Giant or Dallas fan spewing nonsense..thinking they are clever.

As a Cowboy fan its always good to see what a respect professional in the business thinks of the teams that he has seen in the preseason. I give these opinions more weight then i do fan polls with are biased and full of homerism.

Funny how they are a "respect" ;) professional when they favor your team isn't it?

Edit: Let's revisit Mr. King the respected professional and his picks from the recent past shall we? :)

This idiot picks the broncos to win the SB, with Jake Plummer the MVP and Dallas to go to the NFC championship game! :laugh:

And you actually believe him? What kind of idiot would pick Plummer to be the best at anything after about 6 straight bad seasons?

"7. Bad year for New Jersey football and Bay Area football. Jets, Giants, Niners, Raiders ... no more than one of them will be over .500.'"

Bold prediction since none of them were above .500 last year.

Here's my bold prediction: The Chargers miss the Playoffs again!

Isn't this the same Peter King who picked the Giants to winthe NFC East last off-season and recently said Sean Taylor did not want to be a Redskin, then days later wrote an appology for being such a moron.

King is a douche and you probly are one too. Your talking about how everyone is a homer. Your a homer and your posting this homer bull****. Your a hypocrite.

:dallasuck

Most of us could deal with an 8-8 prediction, but King also says Miami will be 8-8. There were a lot of strange predictions. There is no way that dullass will beat out the iggles. King struggles with reality.

Archived