Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peter King - MMQB (NFC East) How they'll finish.......

hobbs

Originally posted by Art

King is hardly a respected professional. His thoughts on the division are fine though. It's about time some one went out on a limb and picked the Cowboys since everyone else has been picking Washington and the Eagles :).

Only one I've seen pick the skins are Hoge. Good luck with mr. "Factor back" riding you.:)

Originally posted by Oldskool

Ok stop right there. First, welcome to Extremeskins.com Apparently youve spent your 15 posts reading PQMMQB :laugh: Now, two major problems here:

1. No disrespect to our Boys fans that populate this board, but as a whole you guys are the biggest bunch of koolaid drinking homers in the NFL, with only Raider fan slightly behind you.

When was peter king a cowboy fan, and most cowboy fans have the same sentiment on skins fans.

Originally posted by Lothar of the Hill People

Vinny is only good when he has protection.

Keyshawn cannot get separation, so for him to be a factor in the offense Vinny needs a lot of time to be able to throw it where only Keyshawn can get it. Either that or throw it up and pray that he can out-muscle the CB for the ball. Very risky.

Their running game is unproven at best.

well, whatever key does, it has been working for the past almost decade.

I wonder if Polo and Hobbs felt this way about King last year when he said this, ( from the link I provided earlier) :

4. Dallas, 5-11: Bill Parcells would kill for a 56 percent passer.

:)

Oh. And RW31....I suggest opening your eyes a bit more to see:

Originally posted by RW31

Only one I've seen pick the skins are Hoge. Good luck with mr. "Factor back" riding you.:)

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71278&highlight=NFC+East

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71016&highlight=NFC+East

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70488&highlight=NFC+East

And that's not including Collingsworth's recent comments or Kipers and other predictions. Now I am not saying that some out there haven't picked the Skins to do poorly or at least be average at best. But that's not what you said now is it? :)

Originally posted by Park City Skins

I wonder if Polo and Hobbs felt this way about King last year when he said this, ( from the link I provided earlier) :

4. Dallas, 5-11: Bill Parcells would kill for a 56 percent passer.

:)

Oh. And RW31....I suggest opening your eyes a bit more to see:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71278&highlight=NFC+East

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71016&highlight=NFC+East

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70488&highlight=NFC+East

And that's not including Collingsworth's recent comments or Kipers and other predictions. Now I am not saying that some out there haven't picked the Skins to do poorly or at least be average at best. But that's not what you said now is it? :)

Not one of them predicted the skins to win the division. Thats what we are talking about.

When was peter king a cowboy fan, and most cowboy fans have the same sentiment on skins fans.

I never said that Queen was a Boys fan, only that he was an idiot. Now if you wish to make a connection between the two, thats up to you. :D

As for Skins fans homerism, well we'll just have to agree to disagree (even tho im right on this one).

Not one of them predicted the skins to win the division. Thats what we are talking about.

Well supposedly Kiper predicted the Skins would go to the NFCCG but lose to the Seahawks, which may or may not mean winning the division but would certainly be a "better" season than that:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71249

Not that his prediction makes me feel good or I trust anything he has to say...

Although I'd rather have Kiper choose the Skins to get to the NFCCG rather than Peter King - I think King's support would be the ultimate kiss of death :D

You are absoluetly correct RW31 and I stand corrected. However, same response without the links. Kiper, Collingsworth, the Ft Star Telegram to name a few have in fact picked the Skins to win the division. Not saying I buy that yet but point is still there.

Originally posted by hobbs

As a Cowboy fan its always good to see what a respect professional in the business thinks of the teams that he has seen in the preseason. I give these opinions more weight then i do fan polls with are biased and full of homerism.

bahahahaha

You actually BELIEVE Peter King's garbage? You're more gullible than I thought!!! :doh: :dallasuck

Originally posted by DUSTINMFOX

King is an idiot....

What do you think their record will be this year, Hobbs?

SCREW YOU DUSTIN !!

J/k......

Overall I'd say dallas could have that record and the ebagles COULD have that record but thats a big IF.....Their D was #1 so that could easily cover for that offense. Though doubtful the eagles could self destruct.......I doubt T.O. will ruin the team but the 2 corners gone may hurt them early..........

I would be "partily" satisfied if we went 8-8...though a super bowl would be better.....:cheers:

Honestly, I thought the Cowboys had a shot with "Mr. INT" Carter and a possible #1 draft runner (why did they go for Jones when this is clearly the year to try to get to a super bowl?)to give the Eagles a scare and counter the return of GIBBS. But Parcells is pulling a Steve Spurrier and going with his players of 5+ years ago. Vinny is a solid backup and can play well off the bench, but ask Jets fans last year- Pennington or Testaverde vs a real shaky Redskins squad- The Jets probably would have beat us with Pennington. If anything, what the Cowboys have done have made their O worse. The D is still solid but the loss of Edwards and other injuries make the secondary questionable. Eddie George might pan out and have a good year, but he could be the biggest bust of the year as well. Eagles still have to be the favorites (DUH!) but I like how the NFC East is going back to being the toughest division in the league.

As for Peter King....

I can write as well as you (as most of the fans here at extremeskins) and I want my SI column!!!!

MVP Jake Plummer again- Jeeze Peter, While we're at it lets give out some other solid predictions:

Hardest working player- Randy Moss

Most Quiet: (Tie) Warren Sapp and T.O

Coach of the Year: Marty Shottenheimer (sp)

Least annoying fans (just ask Mike Strahan): Cowboys

Here are my NFC East Predictions:

Iggles: 12-4

Skins: 10-6

Cowgirls: 9-7

G-Men: 4-12

Guest Westbrook36

King lets his friendships get in the way of real football talk. He was crying through THREE columns last year on how it was a travesty that Chris Simms didn't get drafted until the sixth round, or wherever he went just because he is buddies and lives near Phil Simms. As if 32 personnel directors all had it wrong just because this kid has the "Simms" name.

I'm sure if Simms ever gets a chance in Tampa, King will be trumping his horn.

Jake Plummer has about as much of chancee at winning MVP as I do of banging Halle Berry!

What Ashleyt Lelie and Griffin are gonna help lead them to a SUperbowl please, Plummer is not Elway hell he's no Mark Rypien

King also predicted the Bengals will have a losing season, what a bunch of horse sh*t,

Marvin Lewis spends one year there and they miss the play offs by one game and he led them to the most wins they've had since the Icky shuffle,

As far as teh NFC East goes The Redskins will finish 9-7 its possible we could get lucky and go 10-6 or lose a tough one and go 8-8 but my money is on 9-7,

the old aged cowboys will fall at 8-8 the Giants will be lucky to win 4 games

now as far as the overrated team of teh century the Eagles, well I only pr4edict they will choke in a big game and wont make the Superbowl

my sleeper pick of the year is the Houston Texans who will surprise everyone and make the playoffs

in the Superbowl will be Indianapolis edging otu the Carolina Panthers, I think the enforcement fo the 5 yd rule will give Indy the edge and Carolina didnt lose hardly anybody and will make the big game on the backs of Foster and Davis!

there you go!

Archived