Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*gulp* Lott starting at Strong Safety....

NoCalMike

I think this combo could be great. Both young guys with smarts, if they can form a chemistry on the field it could be something special. Once they get more comftorable together, and know where eachother will be on the field, and who will make the plays at certain times, and certain situations. I am all for for this move, god knows I am not the biggest Bowen fan.

I like Bowen though, but seems like he is not that great. I kinda thought Lott was gonna be camp fodder this year, but releasing Iffy was a huge move I thought, but not really something to complain about. Lott and Taylor could be interesting.

I dunno about this.

Lott was having trouble with the physical nature of the FS position; and now, the call is to move him to SS? His run support in the HOF game was rather atrocious; I am worried!

I think he can cover fine; he has the skills and speed of a corner. It's the physical nature of the SS that I am worried about.

But WTF, it's preseason. Better to know now.

Originally posted by Dexter's Better

Bowen takes the WORST angles to the ball I have seen from saftey quite possibly in my life. Granted the guy is around the ball sometimes and he makes plays, however; that does not excuse him from the plays he "creates" with his poor angles to the ball.

and you know this because..........

:laugh:

no he doesn't. If he took such "bad angles he would never make a play... :rolleyes: Joey T's comment was made about 1 play 8 months ago, and people who don't like him (for whatever reason)are still beating it to death, as gospel about his abilities. :doh:

The coaching staff is very impressed with his play. Several comments about his smart play. He will be the starter in the season opener. Hence the reason to save him in the last couple preseason games.

I dunno about this.

Lott was having trouble with the physical nature of the FS position; and now, the call is to move him to SS? His run support in the HOF game was rather atrocious; I am worried!

I think he can cover fine; he has the skills and speed of a corner. It's the physical nature of the SS that I am worried about.

But WTF, it's preseason. Better to know now.

They are giving Lott reps at SS after playing FS most of training camp... smart move. He will be able to fill in at both Saftey positions, and play CB if needed.

Lott is a talented player,and I am glad he is doing well under Williams defense. He just needed the coaching to bring out his talent. I am always happy to see a former Vol make good. I would love to see him be a starter, but he needs more work on his tackling, and agressive play. Give him time. :D

Guys, think about it. The Rams. Lots of speed at WR. Lott, a cover guy. Bowen, not such a cover guy. I think Williams wants to see how Lott does at FS with Taylor at SS, not the other way around. Remember, the biggest problem with Taylor right now is his inexperience and lack of vocality when making calls for the defense. This gives us a defensive backfield with fantastic range and coverage ability.

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

Guys, think about it. The Rams. Lots of speed at WR. Lott, a cover guy. Bowen, not such a cover guy. I think Williams wants to see how Lott does at FS with Taylor at SS, not the other way around. Remember, the biggest problem with Taylor right now is his inexperience and lack of vocality when making calls for the defense. This gives us a defensive backfield with fantastic range and coverage ability.

DOH!:doh:

I hadn't even thought about it like that. :bong:

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

actually Bowen is one of the fastest players and is pretty good in coverage.

I assume this is more to save Bowen from injury, and get Lott work with the first unit as SS. Practice makes prefect. Lott will be a asset in relieving both safeties, and have him in reserve if (god forbid) either is injured

Originally posted by Dexter's Better

Bowen takes the WORST angles to the ball I have seen from saftey quite possibly in my life. Granted the guy is around the ball sometimes and he makes plays, however; that does not excuse him from the plays he "creates" with his poor angles to the ball.

you must have really be focusing on bowen becuase his partner iffy takes alot worse anglew then bowen. if your opinion held much water then i dont think iffy would be the one playing for the cardinals now.

Archived