Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*gulp* Lott starting at Strong Safety....

NoCalMike

Originally posted by bubba9497

actually Bowen is one of the fastest players and is pretty good in coverage.

I assume this is more to save Bowen from injury, and get Lott work with the first unit as SS. Practice makes prefect. Lott will be a asset in relieving both safeties, and have him in reserve if (god forbid) either is injured

Bubba... I know you are a Bowen fan. But Lott is better in coverage. Period. Williams will use peculiar (to the average viewer) lineups in order to maximize the performance of our unit based on the personnel and schemes we face. Do you have any idea and/or reason to suggest this is for injury prevention? Do you not find it interesting that we are facing a team with significant speed at WR tonight, and Lott is starting?

When trying to figure out what is behind a certain move, there's always an interplay between what you think the motivation is, and what you want the motivation to be. That's all I'm sayin...

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

Bubba... I know you are a Bowen fan. But Lott is better in coverage. Period. Williams will use peculiar (to the average viewer) lineups in order to maximize the performance of our unit based on the personnel and schemes we face. Do you have any idea and/or reason to suggest this is for injury prevention? Do you not find it interesting that we are facing a team with significant speed at WR tonight, and Lott is starting?

When trying to figure out what is behind a certain move, there's always an interplay between what you think the motivation is, and what you want the motivation to be. That's all I'm sayin...

Actually not asmuch as you think. I just became a defender of his unfair criticism (I have done the same for Betts, and Bryan Johnson). Lott is my boy. I have follwed him for 4 years at Tennessee,and since being drafted by the Skins.

This is a preseason game. WINNING is not the objective, evaulation and practice in game conditions are.

Bowen IS one of the fastest Redskins, and he is very good in pass coverage. That is why he was slide over to FS instead of his normal position of SS last season. SS is more of a hitting, run support position. Lott needs work on his hitting & tackling... and needs to get work at SS

simple as that. :D

Originally posted by Chopper Dave

Problem is, Lott isn't that big. Traditionally (given, Williams isn't that traditional and probably has more foresight than this), the SS goes up against the TE. I dunno if he can handle big TEs.

This so called problem of Lott not being able to handle a BIG TE can be worked out with some undercover support from the strong side LB and give the weak side LB 1st back out responsibilities... If you think Lott has issues he can be helped in 100 different ways... BTW, SS also has the slot WR to the strong side and the weak CB will pick up the TE away from the slot... this is a coverage commonly used during a basic 4-3.

This is the NFL not college... if Lott is getting paid he has to step up...

:2cents:

no he doesn't. If he took such "bad angles he would never make a play... Joey T's comment was made about 1 play 8 months ago, and people who don't like him (for whatever reason)are still beating it to death, as gospel about his abilities.

I'd beg to differ with you on that one Bubba. He did the same thing in the HOF game I think it was. Maybe he doesn't do it as much as many of us seem to think, but taking proper angles is a basic skill. If you're still having problems with it, you probably shouldn't be starting in the NFL.

Originally posted by TODD

I think this is going to be the game that Gregg Williams is talking about when he said he's going to "scare Taylor into NFL speed." Torry Holt will make him toast in a Cover 2.

don't think they will play any cover 2 tonight at all... Rams have to many FAST WR... The Rams also like to play with the SLOT and this would be the problem of having a cover 2...

:2cents:

We'll see in a few mins!~~!!!!

Archived