Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vikings to give Brock Lesnar a tryout

Oldskool

Vikings | Lesnar Has Workout Scheduled - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:36:26 -0700

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings have scheduled a workout Friday, June 11, for would-be free agent DL Brock Lesnar, a WWE wrestler who is attempting to launch a football career. Coaches and scouts have been skeptical of Lesnar's football ability but are willing to give him a chance.

I think everyone plays wayyy too much into this whole experience thing... Not to say DLineman aren't skilled, because they are, but there's not too much to complicate things at DL. If he were playin LB, I could see the issue, but at DL his job is to close his gap and get the QB...

He should perform decently, in my opinion...

Dallas and Tampa were originally interested - don't know if they still are.

Between his physical attributes and skills with leverage from wrestling, I don't see the harm in looking at him as a D-lineman. As long as he doesn't do things to get himself personal fouls.

He's a wuss. I kicked his ass after a wrestling match once and I only way 180 pounds. All bark and no bite. He couldn't get pass the worse o-lineman in the league -- a team would be better off signing a NFL Europe reject than this jackass.

To summarize, Brock Lesnar is a giant pu$$y.

ehh, i think at best hed just be a rotational DE for now, I really dont know why youd give up millions in wrestling to try and make it into the NFL, the money is not that guaranteed and youre gonna play for squat initially.

Originally posted by Hooper

He's a wuss. I kicked his ass after a wrestling match once and I only way 180 pounds. All bark and no bite. He couldn't get pass the worse o-lineman in the league -- a team would be better off signing a NFL Europe reject than this jackass.

To summarize, Brock Lesnar is a giant pu$$y.

Yup the former NCAA Heavey Weight Wrestling Champion is a ***** and you beat him up. Yup. We all believe you. Anybody can win the NCAA Heavey Weight Championship. I won it twice, and only entered once. They can't GIVE those things away anymore.

Dolt.:hammer:

Yea, he definatly has the size but all I've seen of him is fake wrestleing. The experiance hurts him and the speed because people now a days want medium fast D-lineman. I'am rooting for him! Even though :vikesuck:!!!!!

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

BRING ON DALLAS BABY!!!!:wewantd:

HAIL THE SKINS:notworthy

THE RETURN OF THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was a monster in his collegiate wrestling days but I think it's pretty foolish to think he'll just step into the NFL with no college football experience. It's possible he'll be good I suppose .. but he's never been tested at any level anywhere near the NFL.

There are plenty of players who never played college ball playing in the NFL. Its not common, but its not unheard of either. The Chargers TE Antonio Gates never played in College. He played B-Ball. Now he is a starting TE. There are more cases like him.

Vikings | Lesnar Shows Raw Athleticism in Workout - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:51:14 -0700

Updating a previous report, Bob Sansevere, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings worked out DL Brock Lesnar, a former WEE wrestler, Friday, June 11. "He is a project with a capital P,'' said Scott Studwell, the Vikings' director of college scouting. "He's got physical tools, but he has a long way to go.'' The Vikings are cautiously optimistic about Lesnar's potential. "He is talented. He is a good athlete. He has a history of achievement. And you know he has a work ethic,'' Studwell said. "Is it a shot in the dark? Yeah. How long would it take him to come up to speed? How long would it take us to find out if he can play?''

Come on, he's big, but there's a LOT of technique that goes into playing in the trenches, O-line or D-line. If no skill was involved, then why don't teams go into McDonalds and give the most obese man there a workout? If you don't think there's a difference between, say, Sam Adams and any other 350 pound man in America, then you shouldn't be watching football.

Archived