Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is OUR FRANCHISE OWNER!!!

Didn’t know where to post this but this is who owns our franchise now.

Being a Knicks fan from NY I’ve been loving every second of our fan base take over in Philly this series. Been amazing to see.

Seems Josh Harris has had enough of it and has decided to do something about it.

This is OUR FRANCHISE OWNER!!!

B5DF5FA3-058C-4FAA-BEE3-FC332ECAB0E8.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

Its sad that most of those groups that got distributed tickets around here would still be cowboys fans. Its like a zombie infection and they pass it on to their evil big bald forehead offspring

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I mean, this probably could have gone in the Harris/FO thread.

**** the Knicks.

I didn’t see anything involving Harris. FO/Coaching thread Yes but No owner Harris.

Knicks in 6!

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I mean, this probably could have gone in the Harris/FO thread.

**** the Knicks.

See it now. My bad. How do I move it or is it a task for one of our young and talented Mods?

Edited by NYSkins21
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I watched that segment with Rivera doubling down on Chase.

As to a series of reasons why Ron sucked is he doesn't think he has anything to learn from past mistakes.  Sheehan played back Ron's ending press conference when he got canned with Carolina.  Ron came off with no regrets.  He did everything right and came off defiant.

Night and day difference with Quinn who is obsessed with doing it better this time and is already working around the clock.

Dan was beyond awful.  But Ron was a nightmare as to his level of incompetency and lack of urgency.  I didn't realize it until his last off season.

Multiple reporters have said last year, Ron just came off checked out and it filtered to the team.

But we are lucky it bottomed thanks to that.  #2 pick.  Hopefully franchise QB, etc. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Even though I’m not expecting a winning season this year; by the end of the year, we should be able to put the Snyder era behind us for good.

We will be going into 2025 knowing brighter days are ahead.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Even though I’m not expecting a winning season this year; by the end of the year, we should be able to put the Snyder era behind us for good.

We will be going into 2025 knowing brighter days are ahead.

Nope, still got those ugly as hell uniforms and that idiotic Doofus Dan chosen name.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We had a terrible owner an awful human being, terrible GM albiet nice guy terrible coach albiet nice guy

This is a night and day new beginning on all fronts.

Well in Ron's defense, Herbert would not be a superstar if Ron drafted him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, SeatCushionGame said:

Well in Ron's defense, Herbert would not be a superstar if Ron drafted him.

Some might say he's still not a superstar, but I get your point.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Nope, still got those ugly as hell uniforms and that idiotic Doofus Dan chosen name.

You know winning regularly will make people forget that.

As for any change on those fronts, that will tied to when the new stadium will be built.

• Like 1

I like and root for Ron Rivera the person but as a coach?  Geez Louise!  Really?  There is a trait that some great head coaches have in spades and it is humility. 

Gibbs for one.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it and doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of idiocy.

Actually enjoying this offseason and counting down to training camp.  It's refreshing.

• Like 2

Now that i look back on the midseason trades of young and sweat I wonder who the driving force was behind that and what kind of behind the scenes stuff what on.

What I mean is obviously Rivera didn't want to trade them, he was fighting for what was left of his career and knew he wasn't going to be here next year to reap the rewards and since he was the general manager and had the deciding vote I wonder if harris said he wanted them both traded and if he didn't do it he was going to fire him and have Mayhew get it done.

There had to have been some internal politics going on between a new ownership group looking solely towards the future in a lost year and a management group that was almost all assured they'd be gone after the year.

I'm curious how that all went down.

On 5/2/2024 at 7:57 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Even though I’m not expecting a winning season this year...

What is the over/under on when you will start the Fire Dan Quinn thread? 😁 

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 7:20 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

We had a terrible owner an awful human being, terrible GM albiet nice guy terrible coach albiet nice guy

This is a night and day new beginning on all fronts.

Rivera says he has NO REGRETS about drafting Chase Young over superstar QB Justin Herbert.

Makes sense.

Chase had outstanding position flex-- he could play DE or linebacker, (equally poorly).

Whereas Herbert was relegated to just being an outstanding pro bowl qb, who doesn’t even play special teams, let alone another position. Those guys are a dime a dozen. 

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 3

So i recall seeing an expose of falcons owner Arthur Blank a few years ago.  When he bought the Falcons, the Georgia Dome's attendance was well below capacity. So instead of just letting those seats go empty, he dropped the price for season tickets and the ticket prices for the unsold seats were lowered to baseball nose-bleed rates. The stadium was filled and its really energized the franchise.   

Not sure if that ultimately increased revenues, and if it was tried here we'd probably just get 15,000 extra Cowboys and Eagles fans attending the team's games against the Bears, Colts, and Titans.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

So i recall seeing an expose of falcons owner Arthur Blank a few years ago.  When he bought the Falcons, the Georgia Dome's attendance was well below capacity. So instead of just letting those seats go empty, he dropped the price for season tickets and the ticket prices for the unsold seats were lowered to baseball nose-bleed rates. The stadium was filled and its really energized the franchise.   

Not sure if that ultimately increased revenues, and if it was tried here we'd probably just get 15,000 extra Cowboys and Eagles fans attending the team's games against the Bears, Colts, and Titans.

I don’t know about that but let’s just say even under Harris our ticket prices are really cheap compared to other teams.  My 2 tickets in 414 are only $399ea while a good friend and co-worker of mine owns Ravens PSL and he sits in 513 identical to my seats between the goal posts but a much higher row then my seats and his are $905ea…. I don’t think ticket prices could get much lower then what they are now at Commanders Field/Stadium (formerly FedEx Field) I think that’s another reason for so many Eagles, Cowboys etc fans week in and week out 

Edited by Command The 414

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2024 at 9:03 AM, SkinsFTW said:

I'm just hoping that in this case, as the old saying goes, "NFL stands for Not For Long".

On 5/2/2024 at 11:21 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

As for any change on those fronts, that will tied to when the new stadium will be built.

giphy.gif

On 5/3/2024 at 12:55 PM, CommanderInTheRye said:

Rivera says he has NO REGRETS about drafting Chase Young over superstar QB Justin Herbert.

Makes sense.

Chase had outstanding position flex-- he could play DE or linebacker, (equally poorly).

Whereas Herbert was relegated to just being an outstanding pro bowl qb, who doesn’t even play special teams, let alone another position. Those guys are a dime a dozen. 

image.png.475d45802f86c71d892487750c4a7ad7.png

The next item on HOG’s agenda is the stadium. Securing the location of the stadium and then securing funding for that stadium are the next items on the agenda.   Once you see ground broken for that stadium, then you will see attention paid to rebranding, if it happens.  Since the stadium will include the brand, that’s when they will have to decide whether to keeps things as they are or change.

So, those hoping for a change, will have to wait.  The stadium is most important thing to do now.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thanks 1