Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Luke McCaffrey WR ~ RICE

zCommander

On 5/10/2024 at 7:13 PM, bird_1972 said:

Agree with your take except for the last sentence. Newton has a boot on his foot. Didn't know he had surgery - apparently 5 months ago (still in the boot). That might have been a reach pick for us now. 

The boot is on the other foot. His original injury is healing properly from its procedure.  His other foot developed the same issue so they decided to operate now.  He is expected to be 100% by training camp.  That is per Dan Quinn. 

Posted (edited)

I love the reports to over read into that Luke took a lot of snaps outside yesterday.

This must be the year Jahan rebounds and I think this kicks him to the slot more which makes it happen.

Edited by RandyHolt

On a whim I compared Luke McCaffery's height and weight to Cooper Kupp's......did you know, they both have the exact same measurements? 6'2, 194 lbs. Luke ran a faster 40 combine time, 4.46 to 4.62. 

So, by these numbers, McCaffery should turn out to be a slightly better pro than Cooper Kupp. 

Time is yours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2024 at 8:55 AM, kingdaddy said:

On a whim I compared Luke McCaffery's height and weight to Cooper Kupp's......did you know, they both have the exact same measurements? 6'2, 194 lbs. Luke ran a faster 40 combine time, 4.46 to 4.62. 

So, by these numbers, McCaffery should turn out to be a slightly better pro than Cooper Kupp. 

Time is yours.

To be honest, I didn't realize Cooper Kupp was that tall. 

I have some guarded optimism about Luke McCaffrey. I can't help but be pumped about the bloodlines if nothing else.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Caught up with Logan's new podcast.  He was especially high on Luke - comes off to him already like a polished veteran in practice

Having a former NFL WR as a father and a big brother who is the best RB currently in the league will help with that professionalism. It ain't too big for him, that's for sure.

• Like 3

There's a lot to like about Luke. His late dominator score is odd as he changed positions from QB. But once he was a WR at Rice he immediately crossed the dominator threshold.

I liked at the Senior Bowl 1on1's that he had some natural looking hand fighting for separation going on. Did not look awkward.

I don't think he's as ready as Tank Dell was with having successful juke moves in his route breaks. But you can see enough to think he could develop it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...