Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Ben Sinnott TE Kansas State

PCS

On 5/2/2024 at 12:52 PM, The Consigliere said:

I see Ertz as a 1 and done mentor. He hasn't been productive in years, more of a catch and fall jag for quite a while. He blocked Goedert and Trey for years for no real good reason. I get signing him, we had nothing at the position, and he's a good mentor. But Ertz is a roster clogger for the purposes of Sinnott's career beyond '24. I'm hoping he can just mentor him well for a year, and that's a wrap. The past two years he's ranked in the 20s and 30s in most efficiency ratings (though I will say target separation and cushion #'s aren't as bad as I would've expected). I imagine the 1 year deal underlines this. He comes in, mentors him, that's a wrap. Still, surprised that he does still have some metrics where he's in that 10th-15th area, not bad for a mid thirty year old, especially the metrics that they are. 

Kingsbury must love him some Ertz....he was the first FA signed this offseason. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

He's already pretty darn big. I'd hate for him to get too big and then it slows him down/makes him less agile.

Yeah I'm not referring to overall size, he's big and I would think he stays that way.  I just mean the way his size is composed now will be better,  leaner, and stronger while keeping his size as he gets on a legitimate program from an NFL club..

• Like 3

This guy is going to be the 2nd coming of Chris Cooley.  Hold on to your butts, he’s going to be exactly what we hope he can be.

Chris Cooley 2.0+

Sinnot will do these things in the coming years:  Block real good, catch a buttload of passes, be fun to watch, score touchdowns, hold a defensive lineman, hook up with a cheerleader, eat more than 2 hot dogs in one sitting, make a social media post, and make the pro bowl.  

We don’t need the world from this dude, we just need him to be a dude in a world full of dudes that aren’t about to dude as hard as this dude.

• Like 3