Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know if I'd trade up.

I like him a lot more than mock drafters.  This round feels right to me for him.  To me he looks more like a RT than LT but that's OK.  He doesn't have the length to play LT. 

I agree. I like Jones and Rouse too. Rouse is a smart kid who is going to become a doctor after he is done playing…local kid too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Just to kill time: would anyone be in favor of trading a 2 or 3 for decent value in the fourth rnd if there are guys there they really like? 

This draft is touted as being deep in reasonable level talent all the down to the end of the fifth rnd and next year is being predicted as notably less so overall (this is what I heard numerous times by media).

No. Next year’s draft is supposed to be very deep because it is the end of prospects being able to go back to school for a 5th year

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, method man said:

Where’s your argument with my logic?

This is all about speculation, guessing and projecting. Opinions are what they are at this point. Not saying yours is right or wrong but you have to take this whole process with a grain of salt until these picks get a chance to prove themselves.

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

PSU guy here. Theo Johnson is nothing special at all. I promise you. 

Also a PSU fan and I agree. But I'll also say I think he was definitely underutilized. Remember the OC was fired mid-season. 

Edited by lavar1156
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, method man said:

I like Kamara too. He is a dawg. Solomon is intriguing as a small school guy

X. Thomas doesn't have big numbers and I don't like him as well as those two but he's disruptive.  Jean-Baptise too though wonder if both can be had in the 7th.

I like Sinnott over Theo.

Theo is a guy who, if he takes like 2 more steps in skills has the potential to be very dangerous because of his elite RAS.

BUT Sinnott is just flat better.  Sinnott will be a decent helper this year across all TE roles.  If he takes another step up in his game he's gonna be a big problem.

So given we got Sinnott I'm a-ok with skipping Theo.  Theo was high risk high reward, imo Sinnott is medium risk but high reward.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Just to kill time: would anyone be in favor of trading a 2 or 3 for decent value in the fourth rnd if there are guys there they really like? 

This draft is touted as being deep in reasonable level talent all the down to the end of the fifth rnd and next year is being predicted as notably less so overall (this is what I heard numerous times by media).

Yes I’d flip a 3rd or 4th for multiple picks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, method man said:

Where’s your argument with my logic?

It’s been posted one thousand times here already, you just chose to reduce it to blind homerism. Maybe the FO ends up right that the players they took should have been higher on their board than the OT’s they didn’t take. Maybe you end up right that the guys we passed on were in a higher tier than Coleman and we’ll seriously regret it.

I have no qualms with your opinion, it’s shared by many—I commented on the part of your post I thought was notable, which is how damn rude it was to the community here. A community that has a long history of really breaking down the draft (and being rightfully cynical about own team’s picks most years, which seems relevant given your accusation of blind homerism lol)

I don’t owe you any argument btw, when you roll in here saying anyone who disagrees with you is just fooling themselves. That’s beyond arrogant. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

This is all about speculation, guessing and projecting. Opinions are what they are at this point. Not saying yours is right or wrong but you have to take this whole process with a grain of salt until these picks get a chance to prove themselves.

I laid my logic out vis a vis expected value in another post. I don’t think it was good process to take Sainristil at 50 given the positional value. As another example, I disagreed with @KDawg on Beebe over one of these raw tackles but I would’ve rather taken Beebe there. Why? If we think Beebe’s base case is a league average guard like Ezra Cleveland and Sainristil’s is Mike Hilton (league’s best slot corner), the former is making $9.5M a year and Hilton is making $6M a year. If you think Beebe can become a similar caliber player to Jonah Jackson, that guy is making $17M a year

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

I like Sinnott over Theo.

Theo is a guy who, if he takes like 2 more steps in skills has the potential to be very dangerous because of his elite RAS.

BUT Sinnott is just flat better.  Sinnott will be a decent helper this year across all TE roles.  If he takes another step up in his game he's gonna be a big problem.

So given we got Sinnott I'm a-ok with skipping Theo.  Theo was high risk high reward, imo Sinnott is medium risk but high reward.

Sinnott was my top TE, even over Bowers. I think he's going to beast the NFL.

He's unmatched as a blocker and has every tool to be a receiver. He's Cooley on steroids.

TE, FB, HB everything. This offense is going to run through him in a couple years.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’s been posted one thousand times here already, you just chose to reduce it to blind homerism. Maybe the FO ends up right that the players they took should have been higher on their board than the OT’s they didn’t take. Maybe you end up right that the guys we passed on were in a higher tier than Coleman and we’ll seriously regret it.

I have no qualms with your opinion, it’s shared by many—I commented on the part of your post I thought was notable, which is how damn rude it was to the community here. A community that has a long history of really breaking down the draft (and being rightfully cynical about own team’s picks most years, which seems relevant given your accusation of blind homerism lol)

I don’t owe you any argument btw, when you roll in here saying anyone who disagrees with you is just fooling themselves. That’s beyond arrogant. 

Seriously @Conn? This narrative coming from you of all posters?

Just now, MartinC said:

The other reason he should stick at OT is he has thin air to compete against. 

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shhh

Shhhhhhhh

*pats MartinC on the head*

It's gonna be alright shhhhh

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, The Consigliere said:

Such a horrible pick in a long, long line of terrible 2nd rounders other than Cosmi (cautiously optimistic about last years nickel). 

We have been awful in the past with 2nd round picks. Hoping the new GM breaks that trend.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shhh

Shhhhhhhh

*pats MartinC on the head*

It's gonna be alright shhhhh

I’d tell that to Jayden not me 😂

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Crap there goes Foster

Many corners left

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 12.52.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 12.52.34 PM.png

Cam Hart came in on a visit. Might be a name to look for.

• Like 1