Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Schedule News, Rumors, and Mocks

kleese

On 5/16/2024 at 12:31 PM, kleese said:

Well, I got one— sort of. I had us playing Dallas on 11-24 at 1pm; only thing is I had that as the home game. Wasn’t close on much else; I had us with three primetime games and we got two. Some thoughts:

—Considering this is a 9 home game season for us, I was a little surprised to see us open 3/4 on road and 4/6 AND close on the road. That means a TON of home games in middle part of season. 

—We’ve opened with the Bucs before (quite memorably in the Gibbs return game in 2004), but I don’t think we’ve ever opened IN Tampa. I’m straining my brain but can’t recall a w1 down there. 

—First time we do not kickoff at 1pm w1 since 2018 and the first time we’ve kicked off in the late Sunday window in a non-West coast game since 2011 (Giants). 

—I believe this will be first time we’ve ever played Bengals on MNF (or at least since early 80s). 

—First time we’ve played Steelers on a Sunday afternoon at home since late 80s (1988 I think?) 

If those bullets are correct, those are very intering points.

I really like the schedule too. It could play into the favor of a rookie QB who takes off by week 6. 

There shouldn't be high expectations with a rookie QB in the first month, even if he ends up winning OROY. Jayden is such a scale shifter with his speed, they'll win a couple games in the first month and half before hitting the most advantageous part of the schedule. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 5:21 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

I move the ceiling to 9-8 now, with a little luck. Anywhere from 7-10 to 9-8.

Yeah man I've got them at 7-10 window, so I take the OVER 6.5

If JD gets hot they could run out 6 wins before anyone has an answer. They better not let that dude get on a roll...

It could get scary!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I doubt Jayden or Drake plays in that matchup.

I don't know about that. Only two preseason games to work with. And they say there is a big difference in speed/intensity of the game in practices, compared to a game. May need our starters to play atleast a quarter in each of them. Maybe.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I don't know about that. Only two preseason games to work with. And they say there is a big difference in speed/intensity of the game in practices, compared to a game. May need our starters to play atleast a quarter in each of them. Maybe.

I'm pretty sure they play 3 pre season games.

But I agree I think both jayden and maye could get some time in that game especially maye if brissett is going to be the starter on day 1.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, redskinss said:

I'm pretty sure they play 3 pre season games.

But I agree I think both jayden and maye could get some time in that game especially maye if brissett is going to be the starter on day 1.

Nope. We play the Dolphins in our first preseason game and the Patriots in our second ( and last ) preseason game. Well maybe we just haven't scheduled a third one yet. I have no idea. Currently shows two.

Edited by AlwaysBeRedskins2Me

8 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Nope. We play the Dolphins in our first preseason game and the Patriots in our second ( and last ) preseason game. Well maybe we just haven't scheduled a third one yet. I have no idea. Currently shows two.

We play the Jets, Dolphins and the Patriots in the preseason.

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

We play the Jets, Dolphins and the Patriots in the preseason.

Type in " 2024 Washington commanders preseason schedule" into google. It shows last year's schedule and this year's schedule. It shows Dallas from last year, then us vs Miami. Then us vs NE. Both preseason games. Then immediately shows us vs Tampa Bay week 1. I have checked multiple sources too 🤷

1 minute ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Type in " 2024 Washington commanders preseason schedule" into google. It shows last year's schedule and this year's schedule. It shows Dallas from last year, then us vs Miami. Then us vs NE. Both preseason games. Then immediately shows us vs Tampa Bay week 1. I have checked multiple sources too 🤷

Up until a few weeks ago ES had the same header bar as the team site, with schedule, roster, news, video, etc. For some reason it's gone now. I wonder if it has anything to do with the front office and JW? I hate when updates to apps and websites move us backwards into the stone-age instead of making things easier. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mudhog said:

Up until a few weeks ago ES had the same header bar as the team site, with schedule, roster, news, video, etc. For some reason it's gone now. I wonder if it has anything to do with the front office and JW? I hate when updates to apps and websites move us backwards into the stone-age instead of making things easier. 

Not sure where you were looking but this came out the same night the schedule was released on the Commanders website. It shows all 3 preseason games. I always look for this every year so I can make it as my laptop's background. Easy to refer to every week. 🙂

image.png.3cccfc80fdc411b071ce05e41f31abfe.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Every site should show it then. It's not rocket science.

Why are you being defiant when everyone knew and was telling you that all NFL teams have 3 preseason games lol. It’s okay to be wrong because the websites you checked were wrong, no biggie. Why be indignant when the people correcting you were correct!

Edited by Conn
  • Thumb down 1

16 minutes ago, Conn said:

Why are you being defiant when everyone knew and was telling you that all NFL teams have 3 preseason games lol. It’s okay to be wrong because the websites you checked were wrong, no biggie. Why be indignant when the people correcting you were correct!

How am I being defiant? I stand by what I said. All football websites should have the correct schedule! Very simple to understand.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

All football websites should have the correct schedule!

No one's disagreeing with you on that, but the point wasn't whether all websites have the same thing, the point was how many preseason games does Washington play ?

9 hours ago, zCommander said:

Not sure where you were looking but this came out the same night the schedule was released on the Commanders website. It shows all 3 preseason games. I always look for this every year so I can make it as my laptop's background. Easy to refer to every week. 🙂

image.png.3cccfc80fdc411b071ce05e41f31abfe.png

What I meant was that I could swear that THIS ES page had the same tool-bar as the team page, and now it doesn't. Maybe I'm mistaken because I had many pages open leading up to and following the draft. Somebody let me know if I'm wrong about this and I will consider slowing down my gummy consumption, lol.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, mudhog said:

What I meant was that I could swear that THIS ES page had the same tool-bar as the team page, and now it doesn't. Maybe I'm mistaken because I had many pages open leading up to and following the draft. Somebody let me know if I'm wrong about this and I will consider slowing down my gummy consumption, lol.

It still says Washington Football Team as the header, which leads to a dead page now, but the rest has stayed the same as far as I can remember. Then again I don't pay much attention to the header since it doesn't change and it is not the same header as the the team's page. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2024 at 7:38 AM, zCommander said:

It still says Washington Football Team as the header, which leads to a dead page now, but the rest has stayed the same as far as I can remember. Then again I don't pay much attention to the header since it doesn't change and it is not the same header as the the team's page. 

As long as we drive-by talkin' bout banners the one on the main website is especially terrible.

Untitled-1cajkdsa.jpg.ecb352a370c877bcd1a7e8bc0cc62505.jpg

2 seconds in MS Paint. Yuck

• Haha 1