Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 Roster Thread: all cuts, signings, and trades to be discussed here!

CapsSkins

31 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Good eye!

Thanks to you, I just edited my original post because I realized that the USFL is not the current name of the Summer football league-- it's the UFL that's currently playing.

Bates hit kicks for the UFL this season of 62 and 64 yards.

Ahmed apparently hit his 61 yarder for the USFL, which is a record in that, now defunct, league.

Sorry for the unintentional confusion.

Oh ok. Sounds good.

On 6/4/2024 at 5:23 AM, Koolblue13 said:

WC Fields or George Best?

The best George Best quote is “I used to go missing a lot. Miss United Kingdom, Miss Canada, Miss France …”

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The best George Best quote is “I used to go missing a lot. Miss United Kingdom, Miss Canada, Miss France …”

I always liked;

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

I always liked;

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered".

I live around 5 minutes from Geordie Bests family home. Norn Irons finest! 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Live just outside of Toronto, I think that is where many immigrated to back when became over. My dad was a big follower of Peter Marshall and the is the reason for being a Washington fan.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, drewski said:

Live just outside of Toronto, I think that is where many immigrated to back when became over. My dad was a big follower of Peter Marshall and the is the reason for being a Washington fan.

Interesting stuff. 😀 Hope you’ve made a good life for yourself across the pond whilst retaining fond memories of NI. 😊

Have to think starting LT will or Ts will be picked up when cuts are made up to last cuts.  There are better players out there than are available to play on our OL and I also think that stands for PK.  

Edited by RWJ

10 hours ago, RWJ said:

Have to think starting LT will or Ts will be picked up when cuts are made up to last cuts.  There are better players out there than are available to play on our OL and I also think that stands for PK.  

Maybe.  I get the vibe from Keim that he thinks they will see how it goes in house and if it doesn't go well, wait for Humphries to recover from his ACL.  But I agree if there is a surprise cut they likely pounce.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Waller says he almost died from an illness last November.  I never heard about that, anyone know what happened?  Did it have something to do with his addiction issues?

The dude sounds like he's had a rough go of it, and yeah, if the passion isn't there then pro football is tough to sustain.  But the regimen and community of it could be good for people too.  I'd be worried about him in retirement if I was one of his family members.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bifflog said:

Proceed with caution as I'm not seeing a whole lot of other places reporting this, always seemed a bit of a dubious account to me but...

Caution be damned!

If you want to sell newspapers kid, it's all about about an attention grabbing, above the fold, bold print, headline.

"Extra, extra, read all about it! Commanders want to sign best kicker since Justin Tucker!!"

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just a few nuggets on DQ, playing and meshing with Jayden, and leadership roles. Dude seems locked in. (apologies if this was already posted, might be clipped from a longer vid).

It's a good segment, I find that players are a little more insightful and open when talking to non-Commanders media. 

• Like 1

We're fortunate that the McManus allegations broke well before training camp, and when there was a spring football league whose season just ended. 

There are a lot of potentially great kickers available to us that otherwise would not have been an option.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Is kicking in the USFL the same as NFL? I think I remember college have different rules to the NFL so am wondering if these guys will adapt quickly or not

No extra points and kickoffs are different but field goals are the same

• Thanks 2