Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

28 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think they are going to #4 with AZ soon.

That will give AZ three firsts 11,23,27 plus 35 early second.

Reading about 4 teams including Denver wanting Howell, etc.  Am guessing Minny feels they have to get to #4 to guarantee they get one of the top 4.    According to what I've read most personnel guys see a big drop off after the top 4. 

My fear is Marvin Harrison just falls into the Giants lap.  Though Nabers is great, too.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Nah, Zona has enough picks.  It’s for the Chargers pick.  They have been rumored to be open for business to trade down.  Bolts can still get their desired RT at 11

That’s a risk IMO. One for another thread I guess.

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We now have a tiny bit of an idea of the price range to move up.  Little bit of a sting but Peters shines in the late rounds.  It also provides us with another team to trade up with.  Arizona being one and Minny being another since they have two choices in the 1st.  A possibility of trading within the 1st let me emphasis.  

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Darrisaw would have solved the LT issue for a decade.  Not an obscure player.  An obvious pick.  but leave it to Ron with his "outside the box" thinking of taking a WLB who most thought would go in the 2nd round instead.

I always wondered how those decisions actually get made, in reality.  Because the college scouting staff that put together those draft boards is still there.  Peters probsbly wont make a bunch of changes there until after this draft.  So I highly doubt Ron had a room full of Darrisaw supporters and went and made a unilateral decision to reach for Jamin Davis there.  

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Is this in preparation to now have two 1’s to trade to get even higher for a McCarthy type? I believe they’re at 11 and 23 now 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mojo said:

If Ron had just gone with Mel Kiper's draft guide and taken the highest rated player with each pick, he might still be here.   

Yeah sadly that's true.  As Finlay said recently, Rivera would talk to the media corp about his "outside the box" moves in the draft and they just need to wait and see him vindicated.

If all Ron did is stop being cute and doing the unexpected and did the expected, his drafts would have been much better.

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Let’s get the free agency fire stoked up again. Who’s incoming today ?

Hoping we can arrange something with Minnesota to bring Darnolds here. After we ripped out my heart with Scoots being let go, I figured we should at least make sure SIPs gets to live his dream with Darnolds. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

Is this in preparation to now have two 1’s to trade to get even higher for a McCarthy type? I believe they’re at 11 and 23 now 

That's what am thinking.  But will see.  Trade Justin Jefferson who is supposedly discontent and draft Harrison Jr.?  But teams don't typically trade up for a Wr wit multiple 1s.

Just now, KDawg said:

Hoping we can arrange something with Minnesota to bring Darnolds here. After we ripped out my heart with Scoots being let go, I figured we should at least make sure SIPs gets to live his dream with Darnolds. 

Seems like the Karma I am asking for.  They say you get what you stress you want over and over again and also get what you don't want that you stress over and over again.

So if feels like Darnold is inevitable, one day.  😢

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's what am thinking.  But will see.  Trade Justin Jefferson who is supposedly discontent and draft Harrison Jr.?  But teams don't typically trade up for a Wr wit multiple 1s.

It’s the Chargers.  I think Zona stays at 4 and takes MHJ.  They already have a boatload of picks in this draft.  Bolts have been rumored to want to trade down by everyone.  Plus, Harbaugh does JJ a solid by getting him to KOC.  Bolts take OT at 11 (probably Fuaga) and  WR with the Houston first rounder (Thomas?)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I’d give up 36, 78 and next years 2 to move into the teens to get a falling OL

Hoffman said last night using I believe it was the Jimmy Johnson trade value, packaging the two 2nd round picks takes you to #13.  I didn't think it would go that high.  If so that might out Fashanu, Latham in range.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman said last night using I believe it was the Jimmy Johnson trade value, packaging the two 2nd round picks takes you to #13.  I didn't think it would go that high.  If so that might out Fashanu, Latham in range.

Would you trade (like Minny) #40 and a 2025 2nd to move to the early 20s (say Miami) and take OT?  Basically another Montez Sweat trade.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jefferson to the Bengals maybe.

Minny get Tee Higgins plus a first rounder and another significant pick.

That would stack Minny with firsts.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If all Ron did is stop being cute and doing the unexpected and did the expected, his drafts would have been much better.

At the end of the day, Ron's approach worked best for us. He's gone and we have a real GM and Coach.

• Like 2

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Jefferson to the Bengals maybe.

Minny get Tee Higgins plus a first rounder and another significant pick.

That would stack Minny with firsts.

Cincy would have the LSU offense of last year. Just throw it long to the open WR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

At the end of the day, Ron's approach worked best for us. He's gone and we have a real GM and Coach.

Agree.  All of the bad things that happened here I think contributed to Dan selling the team.

Ron is a good person but a bad coach and GM.  Lets say he figured out QB for example and the team won under him -- I think much less likely Dan would have sold.

Dan selling is everything.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, MartinC said:

To be fair we could do the 'should have picked this guy' hindsight game with pretty much any draft. But you cant KEEP missing on (or passing on) players at premium spots -QB, OT,DE, CB,WR.

I can gain weight staring at a wall these days.

My metabolism is slowing down too. Today's my bday and I am now officially an elderly 42 and year old man!!

• Like 2

Just now, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

My metabolism is slowing down too. Today's my bday and I am now officially an elderly 42 and year old man!!

Happy Birthday.... Whippersnapper. 😋