Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  The wildcard might be Quan Martin, according to Keim they are very high on him.  He's a swiss army knfe type but in that arsenal IMO he can play FS well.

But ideally love Justin Simmons. Also Jordan Fuller, Julian Blackmon. 

I'd definitely be happy with either of those two, but Simmons is top 3 in the league. I'm trying to think of who is better. I think your boy James and Minkah might be better, but that's the top three. Bates and Winfield probably round out the top 5.

• Like 3

Lets move Forbes to free!? Kidding aside, I sure hope Quan Martin pans out and salvages our draft last year by serving us well at free.

I may be wrong but I get the idea that the days of the gross overpays for free agents are dwindling...

Edited by RandyHolt

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd definitely be happy with either of those two, but Simmons is top 3 in the league. I'm trying to think of who is better. I think your boy James and Minkah might be better, but that's the top three. Bates and Winfield probably round out the top 5.

I'd love Simmons.  I'd be almost as stoked as the Wagner signing.    Sounds like he's asking for a big contract and scaring teams away right now but will see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd love Simmons.  I'd be almost as stoked as the Wagner signing.    Sounds like he's asking for a big contract and scaring teams away right now but will see.

If no one will pay it, it will come down and we could then be in the running.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He had a 4 year $60mil $36 guaranteed contract and refused to take a pay cut, so they cut him. I assume he's looking for something similar, but I'd throw money at a one year contract. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

OTs please!

Yeah OT is still a huge need. Interestingly, listening to Paulson with Hoffman he talked about guard still being a need. Said he likes Allegretti, tough guy, high effort, but rates him about the same level as Schweitzer, thinks of him more as a swing guard and we should still be looking for a starter at guard.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Zone Corner.  They will likely run a heavy man scheme.

It had better be off man if they plan on doing a reclamation project with Forbes. He can’t play press.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

It had better be off man if they plan on doing a reclamation project with Forbes. He can’t play press.

I actually fear the worst for Forbes. Not sure he’ll be a fit at all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Screen Shot 2024-03-12 at 5.26.25 PM.png

Hudson and JSW could technically be back. What's interesting to me is the only one who is out of the league is Gandy-Golden who retired after one year.

Says maybe they could see talent but had no idea how to use the talent

Edited by MrJL

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I actually fear the worst for Forbes. Not sure he’ll be a fit at all. 

Doesn’t look good. They’ll give him this year just in case, but are probably planning to replace him by next year. Good college player, but the big red flag was he’s just too skinny to play in the NFL and that’s exactly how it’s played out. The lesson learned here is probably something we should apply to our conundrum of which QB to take at number two.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Kyle Hamilton a well 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Sure. But he wouldnt have developed into what he is now. And if he did we might still be stuck with paddleboat ron

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He had a 4 year $60mil $36 guaranteed contract and refused to take a pay cut, so they cut him. I assume he's looking for something similar, but I'd throw money at a one year contract. 

Add to it McKinney just got 4/$67 with $23 million guaranteed.  Different players, but I'm sure that's part of the equation.  

If they keep doing the void years (which I'm not sure I'm a big fan of) they could get those numbers to be pretty reasonable.  But it's a turn from the path they have taken so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Kurl may be proof of what I'd call damaged goods. Maybe even all our free agents, that aren't getting top dollar. I am on record for wanting RR/JDR both s'canned the moment the sale was complete yes a brief 8 weeks before week 1 in large part so our best players wouldn't continue to be ruined by the worst coaching staff in the league. Waste a year of their short careers. I know I know its impossible to have named interim coaches EB/Kerrigan for the year and get rid of those 2 losers as a priority. But good players on the worst defense and crap team overall - we killed the value of our own players on a punted season for what exactly, to respect Ron?

Maybe Sam Howell aside. Or, maybe not.

Hilarious that you still won’t admit defeat on this silly point even after we ended up exactly where we wanted to be. As if rocking the boat on the way it went down is worth the slight chance things play out differently—god forbid we squeak out even one more useless win in a tight game and ruin the entire offseason before it begins. 

It was a dual-purpose thing. Tank, and show the entire league that you stick to your word. Harris accomplished both. 

The idea that you’d change that for what? Possibly salvaging a little bit of contract value for Curl (who obviously is not wanted here regardless)? A little more trade value for Howell (who was never going to be our franchise QB)? Silly. 

The proof that they did the right thing is right in front of your face. And you still think that your incredibly niche idea, which was lambasted at the time, was correct in hindsight. That’s a wild lack of perspective.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, CommDownMan said:

Add to it McKinney just got 4/$67 with $23 million guaranteed.  Different players, but I'm sure that's part of the equation.  

If they keep doing the void years (which I'm not sure I'm a big fan of) they could get those numbers to be pretty reasonable.  But it's a turn from the path they have taken so far.

Simmons is about to be the highest paid FS in the league and worth every penny.

He's had the most picks since he's been in the league. 

Dudes a stud.

• Like 2