Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Again, tying to connect dots.  We have D coaches here from Green Bay.  David Bakhtiari has been oft injured but like Smith would be the best available LT signing on a 1 year based incentive deal.  Does he fit the Kliff K. scheme of LTs we are looking for?  Something to maybe keep in mind.  :)  

He’s never recovered after his ACL surgery back in about 2020. Had further procedures and been in an out of the line up. Only played in 1 game last season and 1 game in 2021. He’s probably thinking about retirement.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

He’s never recovered after his ACL surgery back in about 2020. Had further procedures and been in an out of the line up. Only played in 1 game last season and 1 game in 2021. He’s probably thinking about retirement.

Peters has a tough decision on his hands that he will figure out.  :)  

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I don’t think this one is very hard at all. He’s not an option.

Expound, Martin C.  Are you talking about Leno or who or what?  

• Haha 2

I think Donovan Smith is just about the only viable option at the minute, however I do think we will see some OT cuts after the draft.

Think i would look to re-sign Lucas, swing tackle, sign Josh Jones, younger version of a depth tackle, the. have a plan for the draft….i reckon we need 2 first rounders this year…

Just now, Est.1974 said:

I think Donovan Smith is just about the only viable option at the minute, however I do think we will see some OT cuts after the draft.

Think i would look to re-sign Lucas, swing tackle, sign Josh Jones, younger version of a depth tackle, the. have a plan for the draft….i reckon we need 2 first rounders this year…

I hope D. Smith is not an option, he was one of the worst LTs in the league last year:

https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/02/09/ny-jets-fans-dont-be-fooled-by-the-hype-around-this-free-agent/

Would rather give Josh Jones a shot at starting after apprenticing under Pro Bowlers at Arizona (Humphries) and Houston (Tunsil).

33 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Very possibly but he's a warrior.  Let's see it play out. :)  

FWIW A Green Bay fan on twitter claimed that his injury is essentially bone on bone now and he's pretty much out of surgical options.

He's been surviving the last few years by gutting it out and playing hurt (presumably with the help of pharmaceuticals) knowing it's only going to get worse.

The kids a true warrior but maybe he's entered that "old warriors...fade away" phase. 😟

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

It's starting to look like our best option is to resign Big Cornelious Lucas STAT!!

Then after we pick "Jayden Maye" find a way to jump back up into the middle of the 1st round to grab a rookie who can capably play LT on day one.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bram was pushing this rumor

Bram is completly unreliable nowadays. 

It seems like when the Rivera crew (mostly) got the boot he lost his last few legitimate contacts and is now resorting to begging the night janitor's second cousin for info on the team's plans. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bram was pushing this rumor

As were others.  One of the tweeters that someone posted on here that I blocked on Twitter (Do this when I find a phony) was saying it was imminent.  :ols:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

It's starting to look like our best option is to resign Big Cornelious Lucas STAT!!

Then after we pick "Jayden Maye" find a way to jump back up into the middle of the 1st round to grab a rookie who can capably play LT on day one.

the stuff I heard said that only two day 1 LTs would be gone in the top ten, with the rest needing some development or being day 1 RTs.  Although with people saying things like Denver's 12th pick won't be high enough to get one of the tier 2 QBs, McCarthy, Nix, Penix, MHJ and nabors considered top 10 worthy and some defensive players surely being in there, some people have to drop

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

He still has little arms. I'd be shocked if he makes the practice squad, because frankly, there are going to be UDFA that are better options.

"He still has little arms..."

Heard Daniels has been working out pretty hard this off season with some of his buddies who play for the Steelers.

He's increased his endurance, shed his beer belly, refined his technique and although he can't make his arms any longer he's done his best to at least make them stronger.

As things stand right now I think Braedon deserves first crack at the starting LT job.

Here's a pic he posted after a recent workout on Instagram...

image.png.70bcdf8f41047caa942a53ccca9aae4b.png

• Haha 14