Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

So Simmons, Tyron Smith, Howard, Gilmore still available.

Other random vets of interest, starters and/or depth maybe…

CB Ahkello Witherspoon

OT Josh Jones

DT Teair Tart

Is Cordarrelle Patterson washed ????

25 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

They are definitely cooking but I don't think this is accurate. After the first six picks ( one on night one and five on night two ) I don't think we pick again until pick 139 ( 5th round )

I believe we only had 1 4th, and traded one with Howell.  So I think you're right.

Edit: confirmed.  102 went back to Seattle.

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I'm sorry, I've never been impressed with Barkley. I must be missing something here.

In college I saw it.   Not so much with the giants.   

Guess we'll find out if it was because of the giants or Saquon in the NFL soon. 

• Like 1

Kurl may be proof of what I'd call damaged goods. Maybe even all our free agents, that aren't getting top dollar. I am on record for wanting RR/JDR both s'canned the moment the sale was complete yes a brief 8 weeks before week 1 in large part so our best players wouldn't continue to be ruined by the worst coaching staff in the league. Waste a year of their short careers. I know I know its impossible to have named interim coaches EB/Kerrigan for the year and get rid of those 2 losers as a priority. But good players on the worst defense and crap team overall - we killed the value of our own players on a punted season for what exactly, to respect Ron?

Maybe Sam Howell aside. Or, maybe not.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Kurl is may be proof of what I'd call damaged goods. Maybe even all our free agents, that aren't getting top dollar. I am record for wanting RR/JDR both s'canned the moment the sale was complete yes a brief 8 weeks before week 1 in large part so our best players wouldn't continue to be ruined by the worst coaching staff in the league. Waste a year of their short careers. I know I know its impossible to have named interim coaches EB/Kerrigan for the year and get rid of those 2 losers as a priority. But good players on the worst defense and crap team overall - we killed the value of our own players on a punted season for what exactly, to respect Ron?

Curl is over rated. He had some good times, but he looked better because of how bad we were, not worse. 

He was a sparkle in a turd, but it obviously doesn't make it silver.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Kurl is may be proof of what I'd call damaged goods. Maybe even all our free agents, that aren't getting top dollar. I am record for wanting RR/JDR both s'canned the moment the sale was complete yes a brief 8 weeks before week 1 in large part so our best players wouldn't continue to be ruined by the worst coaching staff in the league. Waste a year of their short careers. I know I know its impossible to have named interim coaches EB/Kerrigan for the year and get rid of those 2 losers as a priority. But good players on the worst defense and crap team overall - we killed the value of our own players on a punted season for what exactly, to respect Ron?

K.Curl hurt himself a lot with his message to Wash. Then got screwed by all the safties being dropped right after.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

There’s some merit in this. I do think players like Curl, Fuller were expendable. Overrated to a degree. But yes, they also became damaged goods in a **** season under RR.

Perhaps that should also reflect on the player too though. New signing Frankie Luvu isn’t damaged goods coming in from the worst team in the league…. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Curl is over rated. He had some good times, but he looked better because of how bad we were, not worse. 

He was a sparkle in a turd, but it obviously doesn't make it silver.

Solid player.  But a dude who doesn't make big plays.  doesn't do picks or force fumbles.  And apparently i heard isn't a good communictor in the backfield.

When ESPN asked a bunch of personnel guys to rank players in the league, Curl didn't even rank top 25 at safety.

His dad thought he should get some crazy contract, 15 milion plus a season.  Keim said the sense he got was once Curl hit the market he'd want to leave and wasn't happy that they extended Allen and Payne and never him.

I recall Keim also saying last summer Rivera wanted to extend Curl but wasn't given the OK then.  We dodged a bullet because knowing Rivera he'd have overpaid him, 14 million a year or something that would look ridiculous as it aged into today's market.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 10

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

FS is still a huge need. That's a giant hole for a coach that loves to run single high so often.

It's why I value Simmons so much. That's a huge cherry on top of a rebuilt defense.

Absolutely. I’d roll out 3 years 40mil, first 2 years guaranteed , and move forward. Stick a couple of voidable years on, cap hit doesn’t even dent the pot right now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

FS is still a huge need. That's a giant hole for a coach that loves to run single high so often.

It's why I value Simmons so much. That's a huge cherry on top of a rebuilt defense.

I really hope we make this move.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Solid player.  But a dude who doesn't make big plays.  doesn't do picks or force fumbles.  And apparently i heard isn't a good communictor in the backfield.

When ESPN asked a biunch of personnel guys to rank players in the league, Curl didn' even rank top 25 at safety.

His dad thought he should get some crazy contract, 15 milion plus a season.  Keim said the sense he got was once Curl hit the market he'd want to leave and wasn't happy that they extended Allen and Payne and never him.

I recall Keim also saying last summer Rivera wanted to extend Curl but wasn't givn the OK then.  We dodged a bullet because knowing Rivera he'd have overpaid him, 14 million a year or something that woud look ridiculous as it aged into today's market.

kurl was a diamond in the rough for us. But he and his dads inflated head aren't going to be missed

I wonder why Fuller wasn’t made a priority. He may have been, I don’t know, seems like someone AP would want to keep. 

Was it about money, he didn’t seem to break the bank. 

Trying to get younger, competition…any ideas?

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Agree.  The wildcard might be Quan Martin, according to Keim they are very high on him.  He's a swiss army knife type but in that arsenal IMO he can play FS well.

But ideally love Justin Simmons. Also Jordan Fuller, Julian Blackmon. 

8 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I wonder why Fuller wasn’t made a priority. He may have been, I don’t know, seems like someone AP would want to keep. 

Was it about money, he didn’t seem to break the bank. 

Trying to get younger, competition…any ideas?

Zone Corner.  They will likely run a heavy man scheme.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1