Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

In fairness this franchise has deserved to be thought of as trash.....Until it isnt anymore. Which is the direction we are heading. 

We also haven't signed any marquis players. Maybe Ekeler, but the rest are just role players. Badiaz maybe.

I hate explaining basic memes. 

• Like 1

Having Reaves be the first player that our new front office resigned is significant for several reasons: 

1. It sends a message to our player's about the values that this regime prizes most.

2. He's a grinder, a meat and potatoes, punch the clock, work hard, dependable, team first guy.

3. We aren't  looking for flashy big talking diva personalities.

4. Character trumps talent.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/commanders-re-sign-jeremy-reaves

One of the Commanders’ top special teams players will be back with the team for the 2024 season.

According to multiple reports, the Commanders are re-signing Jeremy Reaves and Reaves confirmed his return in a social media post. It is reportedly a two-year deal.

Reaves’ special teams work made him a first-team All Pro and Pro Bowler after the 2022 season, but a knee injury ended his 2023 campaign after just five games. He’s been with Washington since 2018 and has also seen time in the defensive backfield at points during his time with the team.

In 47 career games, Reaves has 108 tackles, a sack, an interception, and five passes defensed.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The league needs to do away with these void years and bonus to restructure the players contracts. The Eagles are paying Hurts into 2031 on a 4 year deal. They also were paying Jake Elliott into 2028 with 1 year remaining on his contract. The players are still getting their money which is great but it’s creating a uncompetitive balance for certain teams. Mahomes contract was signed just 2 years ago and already being restructured.

13 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I feel like there should be a rule that once a QB wins 2 SBs they cannot ever restructure a contract to help the cap.

Let someone else win you jerk.

Also think about all those other poor QBs who want to get paid. What kind of precedent is he setting? As usual the millionaire class players cant help shilling for the billionaire class owners. Smh. 

I used to order medium rare, but it seems like a lot of places don't know how to cook it that way anymore as it comes out still mooing. Most times I now order medium as that comes out more medium rare.

Ku05oUxBx_cBsi4wxS_u09e0_MimGiT2yw67BcnYsoY_JiXHgzMtWFkRKocREoxSeWpBHSFJ0N2TXMWL8y2pYtFvJaUms3YWedzkpeZNx5mPMYRZidsOyBwqrJKYKUxT7FbWDzGwNcK6ay0Ccnk9wMNC-Sekt6XJKNBFM6G4j11l_tkFycHKdylyXlaT0ljWUlH-U1J8y7GH8hRuUsU-qs54RIoWMw

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

The Reaves news is great. That sends a great message. Pleased he’s back.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's the only UFA returning from last year. 

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The point wasn't to use FA to go for big swing blue chip elite players. Guys like that aren't really available in FA anyway. The goal was to fill out the roster so we can at least be competitive, and especially to find some vets on the offense that can support a rookie QB.

We're gonna build the core of our team, the real blue chip cornerstones, via the draft.

The way it should be done and the way SF did it in under three years.  My guess is we’ll be competitive in most of our games this year, but lose a good chunk of them.  As long as we see development of our rookie QB, can extend the players on a one year deal that perform well, and are positioned in the draft next year to get a blue chip player or two, I count it as a success and a year closer to truly competing.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Think we take a swing at Baktiari (sp?) on a one year deal?  I could see him playing a valuable role whether we draft a solid LT or not.  He can start or mentor and backup the guy we drafted.

7 minutes ago, Stoox said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he's the only UFA returning from last year. 

I think we’ll be tracking a few. Lucas for swing tackle, Curl if he can’t get a sizeable deal elsewhere, some fringe player on the DL, even just for camp fodder depth.

i think 3 or 4 more could return.