Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

2 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

Anybody else even slightly concerned w/signing Patrick Queen… Queen before Roguan Smith went to the Ravens was just a mid level MLB but together they formed the best duo in the NFL, I don’t know if he’s a stand alone LB

Not one bit. He has improved every year and is only 25.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Not one bit. He has improved every year and is only 25.

And for those who say he doesn’t fit DQ’s Defense. Do you really think they would persue him if they didn’t think he’d fit and be an upgrade schematically?

Edited by NYSkins21
  • Like 3

Hopefully the next couple of days will give us an idea on what our draft will look like. Hopefully we aren't signing leftovers like we normally have in the past. Feeling kind of hopeful......

Edited by tmandoug1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

And for those who say he doesn’t fit DQ’s Defense. Do you really think they would persue him if they didn’t think he’d fit schematically?

Doubt they do.  Peters and Co. have stated they are not spending MEGA bucks on FAs.  They are more into 1-3 year deals as to the many holes that need to be filled rather than blow it all on 1 or 2 players, otherwise...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

And for those who say he doesn’t fit DQ’s Defense. Do you really think they would persue him if they didn’t think he’d fit schematically?

I agree but every team every season signing a FA thinks or believes they fit their scheme… I don’t not think Queen fits the scheme my issue is (and you can say he’s improved every season) but trust me not until Smith got traded to Bmore was Queen even remotely the player he was last season… and oh by the way, a walk year which we all know players mysteriously find a little bit of motivation when that happens, my belief he falls under the normal Ravens LB who cashed in on huge FA deals never to live up to the hype…. Just my opinion though 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Doubt they do.  Peters and Co. have stated they are not spending MEGA bucks on FAs.  They are more into 1-3 year deals as to the many holes that need to be filled rather than blow it all on 1 or 2 players, otherwise...

I agree but I do believe there will be one or two big splashes. One on defense and one on the OL.

Just now, FrFan said:

Imagine this message board if no one is signed by the end of the day !

giphy.gif

I'd be stunned as would others!  We know players/teams talk.  I say at least 2 will sign.  

Just now, NYSkins21 said:

I agree but I do believe there will be one or two big splashes. One on defense and one on the OL.

Who and how much, NY21.  Give contract example on players. :) 

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'd be stunned as would others!  We know players/teams talk.  I say at least 2 will sign.  

Who and how much, NY21.  Give contract example on players. :) 

Idk? I just can’t see us not getting involved in paying for a premium edge, lb or OL. I understand and prefer their position on saving the cap for next year as well.

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Don't foul the air with that name

Nowadays when I let out a particularly loud and odious old man fart while  waiting in line at the grocery store or sitting at the barber shop I proudly exclaim, "Nothing to worry about folks, just Haynesworthing my insides".

Most of the time people just look at me like I'm a crazy old man, but every once in a while an old school Skins fan will break the ice with a laugh or high five.

I'm a hit at birthday parties though...

image.png.63ea0425195c4b3110b90ba4276b8b9f.png

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Idk? I just can’t see us not getting involved in paying for a premium edge, lb or OL. I understand and prefer their position on saving the cap for next year as well.

Thats why I think you will see a lot of one year deals for aging vets here. Pay it all this year and have the cap space next year. I do think we go with a couple of multi year signings. Probably at edge, lb and OL if I had to guess. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I feel pretty certain we'll get:

DE Dorance Armstrong

SS Jayron Kearse

Pretty convinced, gut feel:
OC Tyler Badass

CB Jourdan Lewis

DE Dante Fowler

Yes, those are all Cowboys.

Are they the good ones? or the cheap and easy ones?

I've been burned before (Ron's Panthers)

• Like 1

I would not trade a 1st or 2nd for Higgins (obv. not a 1st). I know we've got the $$ but it's a deep WR class.

If Cincy could get a late 1st or early 2nd for Higgins they should take it and run. In such a deep WR class, they could nail his replacement and save a ton of $$ to give to Chase.

We never know what we're going to get out of this Free Agent period:

• Remember in 2011 when we thought we crushed it by spending 40 million on Curtis Samuel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and William Jackson?
  • Compare that to the lesser money thrown at more players in 2020. Wes Schweitzer, Logan Thomas, Ronald Darby, Cornelius Lucas, and JD McKissic.

All I'm saying is, let's not have knee jerk reactions to anything.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Are they the good ones? or the cheap and easy ones?

I've been burned before (Ron's Panthers)

Armstrong - maybe $5-6m per year

Fowler - maybe $3-4m per year

Lewis - $3-4m per year

Kearse - $6-8m per year

Badass - $6-8m per year

Basically the mid-tier of the market. And would allow you to still spend big money elsewhere (LB, OT). I think they're perfect stop-gap/hole-plugs while we use the draft to build long-term.

The combined 2024 cap hits of those particular contracts would be in the range of $23m, so you'd still have "effective" cap space of about $50-55m to spend on anyone else. Which could be 2-3 bigggg deals, if we wanted them (we don't).

I think we'll carry $20-25m into the season, meaning we'll roll over about $15-20m next year.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 2

Get me some of the Baltimore guys, OL Simpson and DB Geno Stone.

Rebuild the interior OL to protect the rookie. Add another vet TE as insurance. 

Purge the Pukes of the Quinn/Whitt disciples too.

3 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

We never know what we're going to get out of this Free Agent period:

• Remember in 2011 when we thought we crushed it by spending 40 million on Curtis Samuel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and William Jackson?
  • Compare that to the lesser money thrown at more players in 2020. Wes Schweitzer, Logan Thomas, Ronald Darby, Cornelius Lucas, and JD McKissic.

All I'm saying is, let's not have knee jerk reactions to anything.

We need to spend. The salary cap doesn’t just limit spend, it makes you spend up to a certain limit. Even though that salary cap ‘floor’ is over a rolling period, with a rookie QB situation looming we’ve got to wave some cash about. What better time than today :ols:

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 3