Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Armstrong - maybe $5-6m per year

Fowler - maybe $3-4m per year

Lewis - $3-4m per year

Kearse - $6-8m per year

Badass - $6-8m per year

Basically the mid-tier of the market. And would allow you to still spend big money elsewhere (LB, OT). I think they're perfect stop-gap/hole-plugs while we use the draft to build long-term

Armstrong was already making 6 million a year. He's a young Edge, he'll go for more than you think.

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

We need to spend. The salary cap doesn’t just limit spend, it makes you spend up to a certain limit. Even though that salary cap ‘floor’ is over a rolling period, with a rookie QB situation looming we’ve got to wave some cash about. What better time than today :ols:

Oh, that's a good question. Are we up against the Salary Floor? How much money do we have to spend?

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Armstrong - maybe $5-6m per year

Fowler - maybe $3-4m per year

Lewis - $3-4m per year

Kearse - $6-8m per year

Badass - $6-8m per year

Basically the mid-tier of the market. And would allow you to still spend big money elsewhere (LB, OT). I think they're perfect stop-gap/hole-plugs while we use the draft to build long-term.

The combined 2024 cap hits of those particular contracts would be in the range of $23m, so you'd still have "effective" cap space of about $50-55m to spend on anyone else. Which could be 2-3 bigggg deals, if we wanted them (we don't).

I think we'll carry $20-25m into the season, meaning we'll roll over about $15-20m next year.

You are really underpricing Armstrong. I think he is going to get low 8 figures AAV. He’s had a 9 sack year and then an 8 sack year in back to back years and he is young. Someone will pay up

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Oh, that's a good question. Are we up against the Salary Floor? How much money do we have to spend?

Don’t know, haven’t looked into that to be honest. But we have been low spenders comparatively. I think we’ll be spending fairly well over the duration of this offseason.

Guys with no ties to this FO/Coaching staff that I would be really interested in doing bigger deals with (age main driver there):

DE AJ Epenesa (Spotract projects $6m APY)

DE Josh Uche (Spotract projects $9m APY)

LB Devin White (Spotract projects $11m APY)

OT Jonah Williams (Spotrac projects $11m APY)

I know these are the Spotrac values and not the inflated numbers we'll see them get. But I would be comfortable with these numbers and then some. 

26 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Imagine this message board if no one is signed by the end of the day !

giphy.gif

And justifiably so.

We have what 23 players under contract or something ridiculous?

Can't field a roster with 25 undrafted free agents.

We gotta be smart but we gotta get real talent in here, I've had enough of the bargain basement use of free agency.

We've suffered long enough with vegetables, it's time for some meat and potatoes and even when some of them inevitably don't work out at least it'll be fun to watch this team again. 

• Like 1

Ya'll are right on Armstrong - definitely underpricing him. Idk where I got that $6m from and then went to look --- he's coming off a 2 year $12m deal in Dallas so I think I was thinking of his current number. A 3 year $30m+ would make more sense for him.

Dante Fowler may be a good value find. Big Quinn ties and he is coming off of a pair of 1 year $3m deals, so he could probably be had for a good value.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Guys with no ties to this FO/Coaching staff that I would be really interested in doing bigger deals with (age main driver there):

DE AJ Epenesa (Spotract projects $6m APY)

DE Josh Uche (Spotract projects $9m APY)

LB Devin White (Spotract projects $11m APY)

OT Jonah Williams (Spotrac projects $11m APY)

I know these are the Spotrac values and not the inflated numbers we'll see them get. But I would be comfortable with these numbers and then some. 

Pass on Devin White. He's worse than Jamin Davis and they basically play the same spot. Josh Uche has been getting hype, but I'm not sure why. I didn't watch him play in 2023, but it seems like his 2022 season was probably a fluke?

I'm interested in Bryce Huff from the Jets.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Mike Evans just signed a big deal and he's probably in Tampa for the rest of his career. They're not cutting him.

Whoops. I meant Williams (Chargers). Confused my big mikes.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Pass on Devin White. He's worse than Jamin Davis and they basically play the same spot. Josh Uche has been getting hype, but I'm not sure why. I didn't watch him play in 2023, but it seems like his 2022 season was probably a fluke?

White had a down year in 2023 but before last year he was a monster the first 3 years. Dude is a wrecking ball. 

1 minute ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I have no interest in Huff. He only had 7 sacks last year if you don't include jumping on Tua already on the ground. He'll get way over paid.

6 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Mike Evans just signed a big deal and he's probably in Tampa for the rest of his career. They're not cutting him.

But Keenan Allen, if cut, would be awesome to pair with Terry!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

White had a down year in 2023 but before last year he was a monster the first 3 years. Dude is a wrecking ball. 

Do we cut Jamin Davis then? Cause they fulfill the same exact role, especially after what our new coaches described as their ideal usage for Jamin Davis (actually blitzing him). We blitzed Davis 33 times last season, whereas White was blitzed 75 times. 2 seasons ago White was even blitzed 133 times. We really did not use Davis to his strengths.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Do we cut Jamin Davis then? Cause they fulfill the same exact role, especially after what our new coaches described as their ideal usage for Jamin Davis (actually blitzing him). We blitzed Davis 33 times last season, whereas White was blitzed 75 times. 2 seasons ago White was even blitzed 133 times. We really did not use Davis to his strengths.

That's fair. Davis is also on his final year, so maybe they find a way to utilize both, get White long-term, and let Davis walk. Idk.