Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP: Amateur treasure hunter plunges 130 feet to his death in hole he dug inside his home

China

Amateur treasure hunter plunges 130 feet to his death in hole he dug inside his home

A man died after falling down a 130-foot hole he dug under his kitchen floor after dreaming there was gold buried under his property in Minas Gerais, Brazil.

João Pimenta, 71, lost his balance Thursday afternoon and plunged down the massive pit he excavated, which ended up being as tall as a 12-story building.

Neighbors told local media outlets that following a “prophetic dream,” Pimenta had become obsessed with the idea that there was gold buried beneath his kitchen floor and had spent over a year digging for the treasure.

losing-balance-reportedly-removing-water

losing-balance-reportedly-removing-water

Click on the link for the full story

• Haha 1

A 70 year old man dug 12 stories straight down, and many of you can’t remember the last time you changed your air filter. 

also, they should have left him down there. He went to all that trouble, seems a shame to not use it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

A 70 year old man dug 12 stories straight down, and many of you can’t remember the last time you changed your air filter. 

also, they should have left him down there. He went to all that trouble, seems a shame to not use it

Changed my air filter?  I'm still waiting for the part of life where I have an air filter to change.

• Haha 1

The title highlighted the ‘amateur treasure hunter’ aspect. Wondering if you can find reliable professional treasure hunters these days that will make house calls.

My other takeaway is that if you are going to dig a 130 foot hole under your kitchen it’s more prudent to hire a professional with appropriate insurance coverage.

17 minutes ago, China said:

ah79x.jpg

Unavailable for comment

So I've never seen the show but I have seen one specific commercial an unholy number of times. 

Dude on the left I think it is gets ridiculously excited about idk what the **** and utters a phrase that I still can't comprehend. He says as best as I can tell "Boom another bobby dazzler". And he says this **** like he done found the ark of the covenant or something. 🤣

Honestly it's scared me and that commercial lost them a viewer.

23 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

So I've never seen the show but I have seen one specific commercial an unholy number of times. 

Dude on the left I think it is gets ridiculously excited about idk what the **** and utters a phrase that I still can't comprehend. He says as best as I can tell "Boom another bobby dazzler". And he says this **** like he done found the ark of the covenant or something. 🤣

Honestly it's scared me and that commercial lost them a viewer.

There's a British metal detector guy that does the bobby dazzer thing.  The show is hard to watch because half of it is them regurgitating some theory of what could be there, and there are about 20 theories, and then replaying bits of old episodes to bolster how it could fit in with whichever particular theory they're talking about.  Each episode covers about a week of their efforts, I think, and each episode probably results in about 5 minutes of interesting/new content.  It's tedious.

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Are the Darwin Awards still a thing or are people too offended by stuff like that these days?

At 71 years old, I think he either passed his genes on already, or he wasn't going to anyways.

• Like 2