Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Opponents

mhd24

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Maybe Williams vs Maye will be an international game. Promote two of the games future stars to the world.

Can’t be as the international game Chicago has is a Bears home game.  We play Chicago at FedEx.

8 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

Is there any doubt that we’ll be the featured team on HBO Hard Knocks?

Plenty of doubt, seeing as they can’t force a team with a new coaching staff to participate, and franchises rarely volunteer. 

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

There outside shot we end up in the south America game. The Dolphins look like the team they want but the NFC has the extra home game this year.

They’d pick  Dallas over us. Dallas would probably have some appeal to Brazil.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Eagles are the home team for the Brazilian game; which will be Friday Sept. 6.

Yeah I just heard that too. I thought the NFL didn't do Friday games during HS football season but I guess Goodell don't give no Fs about nothin anymore.

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I just heard that too. I thought the NFL didn't do Friday games during HS football season but I guess Goodell don't give no Fs about nothin anymore.

Well the game is in Brazil, so not much impact to high school Friday football,

8 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Pretty brutal...10 games against teams that were in the playoffs or finished with a winning record in 2023. Carolina and Arizona look like the only patsies on the schedule.

Arizona beat Dallas and Philly. Two teams that we just went 0 - 4 versus. So that is one tough patsy. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Although it's very early, it may be a safe bet that one of the Dal@ss games next year is going to be in Prime Time because of Dan Quinn.  Here's hoping it's not on Thanksgiving again though

I doubt they give us another Thanksgiving game. But the league does like to schedule perceived tomato cans for the Cowboys on Turkey Day.

We'll get a TNF game because every team gets one and I can maybe see a late season MNF game since those can be flexed out.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:41 AM, Welsh Redskin said:

Well another year and no UK game. Couldn't get tickets the last time. I might try for the Bears as I've seen the Vikings before. Hopefully next year!! 

And seeing us play in Washington is on my bucket list! 

Just as going to Anfield for a match is on mine. Hopefully early next season to ring in the Xabi era!

I wouldn't be surprised to see us get 2 or 3 national games...there's a lot of interest in the team now that Dan is gone AND the coaching staff has been overhauled, and with the allure of a (hopefully) stud rookie QB, they might put us on more than you think...

37 minutes ago, SkinsFanPA said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see us get 2 or 3 national games...there's a lot of interest in the team now that Dan is gone AND the coaching staff has been overhauled, and with the allure of a (hopefully) stud rookie QB, they might put us on more than you think...

There’s no interest in a 4-13 team. We might get the battle of draft picks game or the usual nfc east matchup.

Only way we got more than one, we get flexed later in season.

Frankly, losing terms should get no national games. They have to earn it and get flexed later in season.

2 hours ago, SkinsFanPA said:

No we won't.  First of all, we barely got primetime games prior to this year, as a team that was in the playoff hunt, or close to .500.  Why would TV networks schedule us for anything more than 1 throwaway TNF game at this point?  We ended up 4-13, and we have a new coach and probably a new rookie QB.  None of those things scream primetime to NFL and TV execs.  We will most likely get one pity TNF game (probably against Chicago or Tampa Bay).  We're not getting scheduled on Primetime against any NFCE opponents, nor are we getting any SNF games or 4:25 games (unless we're playing on the west coast or as an under card to the main 4:25 game).  You can forget about us getting any MNF games too, based on our recent history, and lack of national interest and intrigue.

Edited by samy316

On 1/7/2024 at 7:55 PM, mhd24 said:

I'll say this, we lucked out in not playing against many elite QBs.

We only play:

Elite:

1). Lamar

2). Burrow

Really good:

3).  Hurts(x2)

4). Dak(x2)

Good:

5). Watson (could go to mediocre if he doesn't improve)

6). Kyler

Average:

7). Carr

8). Jones (x2)

Below Average:

9).  Pickett

10).  Young

11). Baker

Unknown:

12). Minnesota (Does Kirk come back)

13). Tennessee (no idea who their qb will be)

14). Atlanta (ditto)

Shoe me five losses. You can't.