Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Annual Mock Simulator Thread

Koolblue13

Damn Goose, This draft haul would be primo. You literally got the second best LT in the draft while only giving up a 3rd and swapping a 2nd for a 3rd. Like it.

Trade back with the Pats (fleeced, considering we are getting their 1st next year too). Got many of the guys I was targeting--Daniels, Morgan, Sanders, Legette, Mahogany, Booker...

team-logoWAS
pfn-logo
3.NFL-team-logo
Jayden DanielsQB LSU
trade-icon
34.NFL-team-logo
Jordan MorganOT Arizona
trade-icon
36.NFL-team-logo
Tyler NubinS Minnesota
40.NFL-team-logo
Kamari LassiterCB Georgia
67.NFL-team-logo
Ja'Tavion SandersTE Texas
68.NFL-team-logo
Xavier LegetteWR South Carolina
trade-icon
78.NFL-team-logo
Christian MahoganyOG Boston College
100.NFL-team-logo
Austin BookerEDGE Kansas
139.NFL-team-logo
MarShawn LloydRB USC
154.NFL-team-logo
Jaheim BellTE Florida State
trade-icon
196.NFL-team-logo
Mohamed KamaraEDGE Colorado State
trade-icon
222.NFL-team-logo
Nehemiah PritchettCB Auburn

2025 NE 1st
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2: R1 P2 QB Jayden Daniels - LSU
36: R2 P4 OT Jordan Morgan - Arizona
40: R2 P8 EDGE Chris Braswell - Alabama
67: R3 P3 OT Kiran Amegadjie - Yale
78: R3 P14 S Javon Bullard - Georgia
100: R3 P36 WR Brenden Rice - USC
139: R5 P4 TE Ben Sinnott - Kansas State
152: R5 P17 G Beaux Limmer - Arkansas
222: R7 P2 CB Elijah Jones - Boston College
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

QUICK LINKS:

Mock Draft Simulator|Consensus Mock Drafts|Consensus Big Boards|Player Comparison Tool

In 7 days, this mock draft will be made unavailable.

7 Round - 1 Team: Mock Draft

04/05/24

Share Mock Draft

Create Mock Draft

My Selections

Caleb Williams

QB | USC

Jackson Powers-Johnson

IOL | Oregon

Demeioun Robinson

EDGE | Penn State

Patrick Paul

OT | Houston

Jermaine Burton

WR | Alabama

Elijah Jones

CB | Boston College

Theo Johnson

TE | Penn State

Jamari Thrash

WR | Louisville

Walter Rouse OT | Oklahoma

Ok. Most super unrealistic draft EVER. But with a trade back with Minn for about half of their draft this year. Oh yeah, and Daniels slipping alllll the way to #11....

team-logoWAS
pfn-logo
11.NFL-team-logo
Jayden DanielsQB LSU
trade-icon
23.NFL-team-logo
Amarius MimsOT Georgia
trade-icon
36.NFL-team-logo
Tyler NubinS Minnesota
42.NFL-team-logo
Byron Murphy IIDT Texas
trade-icon
67.NFL-team-logo
Payton WilsonLB NC State
78.NFL-team-logo
Ricky PearsallWR Florida
100.NFL-team-logo
D.J. JamesCB Auburn
108.NFL-team-logo
Cade StoverTE Ohio State
trade-icon
129.NFL-team-logo
Jaylen WrightRB Tennessee
trade-icon
139.NFL-team-logo
Brenden RiceWR USC
152.NFL-team-logo
Beaux LimmerOC Arkansas
157.NFL-team-logo
Jaheim BellTE Florida State
trade-icon
167.NFL-team-logo
M.J. DevonshireCB Pittsburgh
trade-icon
188.NFL-team-logo
Mohamed KamaraEDGE Colorado State
trade-icon
222.NFL-team-logo
Caedan WallaceOT Penn State
  • Thumb up 1

team-logoWAS
pfn-logo
2.NFL-team-logo
Jayden DanielsQB LSU
36.NFL-team-logo
Kingsley SuamataiaOT BYU
66.NFL-team-logo
Ja'Tavion SandersTE Texas
trade-icon
67.NFL-team-logo
Max MeltonCB Rutgers
71.NFL-team-logo
Payton WilsonLB NC State
trade-icon
78.NFL-team-logo
Kiran AmegadjieOT Yale
100.NFL-team-logo
Jermaine BurtonWR Alabama
139.NFL-team-logo
Jonah EllissEDGE Utah
148.NFL-team-logo
Tykee SmithS Georgia
trade-icon
152.NFL-team-logo
Elijah JonesCB Boston College
186.NFL-team-logo
Hunter NourzadOC Penn State
trade-icon
222.NFL-team-logo
Dallin HolkerTE Colorado State
2025 HOU 3rd
2025 LV 5th
2025 ARI 6th
  • Thumb up 1

7 Round - 1 Team: Mock Draft

04/11/24

My Selections

Drake Maye

QB | North Carolina

Amarius Mims

OT | Georgia

Tyler Guyton

OT | Oklahoma

Max Melton

CB | Rutgers

Bralen Trice

EDGE | Washington

Jalen McMillan

WR | Washington

Brenden Rice

WR | USC

Caelen Carson

CB | Wake Forest

Tanner McLachlan

TE | Arizona

No Trades

WAS

Drake MayeQB North Carolina

Kingsley SuamataiaOT BYU

Ladd McConkeyWR Georgia

Cedric GrayLB North Carolina

Kiran AmegadjieOT Yale

Khyree JacksonCB Oregon

Theo JohnsonTE Penn State

Jonah EllissEDGE Utah

Mark PerryS TCU

• Like 2

The simulation is fun!  When you do them it seems like a good move to trade out of the 2 spot and pick up more quality picks, a lot of these simulators have JT slipping down to you after you make the trade.  It’s interesting, I would still like to see Washington take Alt, then go after a QB later in the draft.  

• Thumb up 1

Explaining the picks:

2.  Preference for Maye over Daniels.  I see Daniels as probably better  in year 1 with his running ability and better throwing footwork, but Maye as the better long term pick.  

36.   I went with McConkey because he was the best player on my list of guys.  I made a list of 11 guys that I was considering at 36 at four positions.  They were WR:  McConkey, Burton, Pearsell, Leggett--T Suamataia, Fisher, Amegadjee-- Edge:  Braswell and Ellis and CB:  Lassiter, Rakestraw, Phillips.   My tops guys at each of those positions were McConkey, Suamataia, Braswell, and Lassiter so I ended up picking amongst those four.  Just felt the most confident about McConkey.

40.  If Suamataia had still been on the board I probably I would have gone with him, but he came off the board in this mock draft in the three picks between 36 and 40.  I did consider Fisher, but I saw that on PFF's board he was rated like 70, so I figured there was a reasonable chance to get him at 67.  Because I just took a WR I wasn't going to take another.  Thus it became between Braswell and Lassiter.  I felt like Braswell plays a more premium position and is probably a slightly safer pick.  I don't love Braswell, doubt he is ever a great pass rusher, but he is balanced.  He is solid against the run and pass.  Not a dynamic pass rusher, but can win in a couple ways.  I feel like Lassiter maybe had higher upside as he was probably a better college player than Braswell, but 4.6 speed for a outside corner probably means you can only use him in off coverage and we already have a player like that in Forbes.  Close call.

67.  No brainer.  I think Blake Fisher is an underrated prospect.   Only a true junior, decent combine numbers, decent film.  I feel like he is less of a project than Amegadjee, who was already off the board at this point (but who I would have picked Fisher over).  Maybe not a high ceiling pick, but decent floor and definitely could be a starting tackle in the NFL.  I think he could project as a Charles Leno type player (more than serviceable), that is a slightly optimistic projection, but still realistic in my opinion.

78.  Also a no brainer, I like Andru Phillips, but really like him at 78.  I gave him some consideration at 36 and 40 though wasn't realistically going to take him there, but felt very comfortable taking him at 67.    Of the 11 guys I listed as candidates at 36, he was the only still on the board at 78.  Good athleticism and scheme versatility (can play zone, press man, off man), I felt lucky he was still on the board though rated as teh 80 prospect, I did kind of have in the back of my mind when I picked Braswell at 40 that I could possibly get Fisher at 67 and Phillips at 78 based on their PFF rankings.

100:  Tommy Eichenberg--I am not going to lie after a couple no brainers in my opinion, I did have some regrets after hitting the draft button on Eichenberg.  I didn't want to take a player at one of the 5 positions I already taken one at so I was looking at interior O-Lineman, Linebackers, Running Backs, and Tight Ends.  And there was no player that stood out.  Considered Sinnot the TE, Bebbe the Offensive Guard, but went with Eichenberg.  They immediately questioned my choice.  The quandary of having no obvious choice.

139:  Javon Foster:  At this point I was willing to double up on a position.   I like Blake Fisher more than Javon Foster, but do think Foster is worth a flier at this point.   I did check to see if Bebbe was on the board, but he was gone by this point.  I forgot to check if Ben Sinnot was still available. That would have been a difficult choice, but due to poor process I didn't have to make that choice.

152.  Theo Johnson:  At this point I felt like I had addressed most of needs.  TE is not a glaring need, but I don't know if I am sold on any of our younger options so I'll add another one to that group.  I think Theo Johnson is decent value at this point in the draft too.  Would have preferred Sinnot but he was off the board at this point.

222.  I didn't spend much time on this pick.  I figured I would pick up a RB at this point.  None of the guys on the board were players I knew much about so it was kinda of picking blind.  I considered the Ohio State running back, the RB from South Dakota St, and Ali from Marshall.  I probably heard the most hype a about Ali, but admit this was just a shot in the dark as I am not particularly informed on any of the three.

pff_mock_results.png

Edited by philibusters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, philibusters said:

Explaining the picks:

2.  Preference for Maye over Daniels.  I see Daniels as probably better  in year 1 with his running ability and better throwing footwork, but Maye as the better long term pick.  

36.   I went with McConkey because he was the best player on my list of guys.  I made a list of 11 guys that I was considering at 36 at four positions.  They were WR:  McConkey, Burton, Pearsell, Leggett--T Suamataia, Fisher, Amegadjee-- Edge:  Braswell and Ellis and CB:  Lassiter, Rakestraw, Phillips.   My tops guys at each of those positions were McConkey, Suamataia, Braswell, and Lassiter so I ended up picking amongst those four.  Just felt the most confident about McConkey.

40.  If Suamataia had still been on the board I probably I would have gone with him, but he came off the board in this mock draft in the three picks between 36 and 40.  I did consider Fisher, but I saw that on PFF's board he was rated like 70, so I figured there was a reasonable chance to get him at 67.  Because I just took a WR I wasn't going to take another.  Thus it became between Braswell and Lassiter.  I felt like Braswell plays a more premium position and is probably a slightly safer pick.  I don't love Braswell, doubt he is ever a great pass rusher, but he is balanced.  He is solid against the run and pass.  Not a dynamic pass rusher, but can win in a couple ways.  I feel like Lassiter maybe had higher upside as he was probably a better college player than Braswell, but 4.6 speed for a outside corner probably means you can only use him in off coverage and we already have a player like that in Forbes.  Close call.

67.  No brainer.  I think Blake Fisher is an underrated prospect.   Only a true junior, decent combine numbers, decent film.  I feel like he is less of a project than Amegadjee, who was already off the board at this point (but who I would have picked Fisher over).  Maybe not a high ceiling pick, but decent floor and definitely could be a starting tackle in the NFL.  I think he could project as a Charles Leno type player (more than serviceable), that is a slightly optimistic projection, but still realistic in my opinion.

78.  Also a no brainer, I like Andru Phillips, but really like him at 78.  I gave him some consideration at 36 and 40 though wasn't realistically going to take him there, but felt very comfortable taking him at 67.    Of the 11 guys I listed as candidates at 36, he was the only still on the board at 78.  Good athleticism and scheme versatility (can play zone, press man, off man), I felt lucky he was still on the board though rated as teh 80 prospect, I did kind of have in the back of my mind when I picked Braswell at 40 that I could possibly get Fisher at 67 and Phillips at 78 based on their PFF rankings.

100:  Tommy Eichenberg--I am not going to lie after a couple no brainers in my opinion, I did have some regrets after hitting the draft button on Eichenberg.  I didn't want to take a player at one of the 5 positions I already taken one at so I was looking at interior O-Lineman, Linebackers, Running Backs, and Tight Ends.  And there was no player that stood out.  Considered Sinnot the TE, Bebbe the Offensive Guard, but went with Eichenberg.  They immediately questioned my choice.  The quandary of having no obvious choice.

139:  Javon Foster:  At this point I was willing to double up on a position.   I like Blake Fisher more than Javon Foster, but do think Foster is worth a flier at this point.   I did check to see if Bebbe was on the board, but he was gone by this point.  I forgot to check if Ben Sinnot was still available. That would have been a difficult choice, but due to poor process I didn't have to make that choice.

152.  Theo Johnson:  At this point I felt like I had addressed most of needs.  TE is not a glaring need, but I don't know if I am sold on any of our younger options so I'll add another one to that group.  I think Theo Johnson is decent value at this point in the draft too.  Would have preferred Sinnot but he was off the board at this point.

222.  I didn't spend much time on this pick.  I figured I would pick up a RB at this point.  None of the guys on the board were players I knew much about so it was kinda of picking blind.  I considered the Ohio State running back, the RB from South Dakota St, and Ali from Marshall.  I probably heard the most hype a about Ali, but admit this was just a shot in the dark as I am not particularly informed on any of the three.

pff_mock_results.png

Good draft here PB! I really appreciate the discussion for each pick and the logic for doing so. Very informative.

no trades

Washington Commanders

Caleb Williams

QB | USC

A+

Demeioun Robinson

EDGE | Penn State

A+

Ladd McConkey

WR | Georgia

A

Cooper Beebe

IOL | Kansas State

A

Kiran Amegadjie

OT | Yale

A+

Khyree Jackson

CB | Oregon

B+

Christian Jones

OT | Texas

B+

Jamari Thrash

WR | Louisville

B+

Tanner McLachlan

TE | Arizona

A

team-logo
team-logoWAS
pfn-logo
My Draft Picks
2.NFL-team-logo
Drake MayeQB North Carolina
36.NFL-team-logo
Jordan MorganOT Arizona
45.NFL-team-logo
Patrick PaulOT Houston
trade-icon
67.NFL-team-logo
Ben SinnottTE Kansas State
78.NFL-team-logo
Marshawn KneelandEDGE Western Michigan
100.NFL-team-logo
Mike SainristilCB Michigan
139.NFL-team-logo
Zak ZinterOG Michigan
150.NFL-team-logo
Jarrian JonesCB Florida State
trade-icon
152.NFL-team-logo
Isaac GuerendoRB Louisville
222.NFL-team-logo
Ainias SmithWR Texas A&M

On 4/14/2024 at 4:21 PM, philibusters said:

Explaining the picks:

pff_mock_results.png

No OT at all in the first or 2nd round?   This mock sucks!!   

• Haha 1

no trades...

Caleb Williams

QB | USC

A+

Demeioun Robinson

EDGE | Penn State

A+

Kingsley Suamataia

OT | BYU

A

Patrick Paul