Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alternative Uniforms

Redskins4ever1965

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

They need to burn those unis. They're 1-4 in them anyway. Just remember: Tanya Snyder designed them.

She had a role in all 3 designs. They are all terrible and a ripoff of a Reebok reject from the Cardinals and Falcons. But.....she does have experience in the fashion industry, we were told.

Should ask the NFL if they can go back to their WFT unis next year with maybe that W helmet. It's not really a "new" uniform. They have the design and template.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

She had a role in all 3 designs. They are all terrible and a ripoff of a Reebok reject from the Cardinals and Falcons. But.....she does have experience in the fashion industry, we were told.

Should ask the NFL if they can go back to their WFT unis next year with maybe that W helmet. It's not really a "new" uniform. They have the design and template.

Going with the WFT uniform with the W logo would be a massive win for me.

9 hours ago, RVAskins said:

Nothing about the all black uniforms say Redskins, WFT, or Commanders. Get rid of them.

Wait, actual commanders don't wear black? Case can be made Titans gear have nothing to do with Titans, most people don't know what a 49er is.

I like the DC flag on the side...the black jerseys are better then our home and away, Giants are just blue there's nothing Giant about them.

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Wait, actual commanders don't wear black? Case can be made Titans gear have nothing to do with Titans, most people don't know what a 49er is.

I like the DC flag on the side...the black jerseys are better then our home and away, Giants are just blue there's nothing Giant about them.

You're missing the point. All black has nothing to do with the heritage of Washington football. Burgundy and Gold are our colors. Everyone knows that except for Jim Zorn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

You're missing the point. All black has nothing to do with the heritage of Washington football. Burgundy and Gold are our colors. Everyone knows that except for Jim Zorn.

Change is hard, we should be happy we got to keep the colors in that too many folks connected our Washington football heritage to racism. 

And with so many team's having black alternate jerseys, at what point does it become heritage? It has to start somewhere.  Is there another jersey that has the state or city flag on it besides ours?

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Change is hard, we should be happy we got to keep the colors in that too many folks connected our Washington football heritage to racism. 

And with so many team's having black alternate jerseys, at what point does it become heritage? It has to start somewhere.  Is there another jersey that has the state or city flag on it besides ours?

Cardinals off the top of my head have the state flag.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, rumplestilskin said:

Cardinals off the top of my head have the state flag.

Yeah, it's not common...part if the name change to me came across like trying to become closer to the area in different ways. 

This is in context the franchise changed their name to the Redskins while still in Boston, it never had anything to do with DC.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yeah, it's not common...part if the name change to me came across like trying to become closer to the area in different ways. 

This is in context the franchise changed their name to the Redskins while still in Boston, it never had anything to do with DC.

I think their inclusion of the State flag was when they went from Pheonix to Arizona. I see that the Cards actually got rid of the State flag on the new uni's.  Fans weren't happy about the removal though and I think its back on some variations.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

You're missing the point. All black has nothing to do with the heritage of Washington football. Burgundy and Gold are our colors.

Not to mention,  don't most American " Commanders" wear dark blue or dark green ?

My prediction is, we've seen the black uniforms for the last time.

This ( or next ) year, will be the last year for a lot of things.

11 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Not to mention,  don't most American " Commanders" wear dark blue or dark green ?

My prediction is, we've seen the black uniforms for the last time.

This ( or next ) year, will be the last year for a lot of things.

I've never seen a green eagle, it's okay to say y'all don't like the black jerseys but no need to reach into the bag of rediculous.

8 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

So, you agree black has nothing to do with our name now or then.

It doesn't matter to me because I've always wanted Black jerseys but didn't think we could pull it off and not look weird when we were the Redskins.

When I try to look up military dress uniforms, some of them say it's a really dark blue that looks black.  I'd need anyone military to speak to that better then I can as a civilian.

This is supposed to be a clean break from our former name, and they've tried to make up for it by more closely attaching itself to the local area the franchise is not originally from.

I am empathetic to the complaints about the alternate jerseys, its too black and barely any burgundy.  We can do better, but I don't hate them because of that for a couple reasons I've already stated.

Having a lopsided losing record in them doesn't help.