Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Social Media platforms do you use???

Renegade7

What Social Media platforms do you use???  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What Social Media platforms do you use???

• Extremeskins
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • TikTok
    • Snapchat
    • LinkedIn
    • Reddit
    • X (Twitter)
    • Other
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • None that I can talk about...

*tips sunglasses and smirks

AdultFriendFinder, huh?

I used to have a MySpace, old enough to remember when us teenagers all started learning how to manipulate HTML at the same times like for BlackPlanet, only to throw that **** in the trash when Facebook showed up and made it 10 times easier...

I learn so much from Reddit just by looking and reading, it's like window shopping the Internet, you don't know why you don't know.  It's also surpassed Deviant Art in terms of places I like to see contemporary artwork from regular folks.

Does YouTube count as social media? I never post but I watch it so much I gave up cable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Universal Music Group Pulls Songs From TikTok

Videos on TikTok began to go silent early Thursday, after combative licensing negotiations broke down this week between the popular social media platform and Universal Music Group, the giant company that releases music by artists like Taylor Swift, Drake, U2 and Ariana Grande.

On Tuesday, a day before its licensing contract with TikTok was set to expire, Universal — the largest of the three major record companies — published a fiery open letter accusing TikTok of offering unsatisfactory payment for music, and of allowing its platform to be “flooded with A.I.-generated recordings” that diluted the royalty pool for real, human musicians.

TikTok confirmed early Thursday that it had removed music from Universal, and videos on the app began to show the effects of the broken partnership. Recordings by Universal artists were deleted from TikTok’s library, and existing videos that used music from Universal’s artists had their audio muted entirely. Universal songs were also unavailable for users to add to new videos.

A video posted by Kylie Jenner in September, for example, using a song by Lana Del Rey, who is signed to a Universal label was silent, with a note saying, “This sound isn’t available.” (Commenters to the video had remarked on the music.) Other videos carried similar statements, including “Sound removed due to copyright restrictions.”

When users went to the official profiles for Universal artists like Swift and Grande — who is scheduled to release a new album next month — the tabs that would normally display dozens of tracks that users could add to their own clips were either entirely bare or reduced to a handful of brief snippets.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 2

23 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

reddit sucks after Quinn got hired there were 300 threads about it and 10 threads posting the same tweet 

also being banned from r/nfl doesn't help 

Far more on Reddit going on that isnt football related and doesn't suck.

I like that they made a news section and I can quickly see if I feel like wasting time with the source or see overlapping articles on the same topic.  They on to something with that...

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2024 at 1:35 PM, The 12th Commandment said:

I've actually started to appreciate Reddit some after joining during the down days.  The Commander sub isn't all that, but there are all kinds of neat topics where people don't argue or snipe...much.  

I like that all their video game subs have low sodium (no whining) versions. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Far more on Reddit going on that isnt football related and doesn't suck.

I like that they made a news section and I can quickly see if I feel like wasting time with the source or see overlapping articles on the same topic.  They on to something with that...

fine with news as long as it's not overwhelmingly liberal 

you must beware liberal hive mind. everyone was in that thread about the economy dapping up bidenomics lol 

• Confused 2

Why are you giving me the react_confused.png.063572f75d38d533e8451e8abc1e7c75.png

Reddit's big danger is that everyone thinks the same. So for most news threads you will see liberal or pro-Biden spin. Rarely are you allowed to post anything different or else it won't be acknowledged or even worse will be downvoted because it goes against the grain.

As we all know assuming we are all college graduates, there is NO answer that is absolutely correct, and two sides to every story, yet if you frequent Reddit it is often one-sided.

Edited by ixcuincle

43 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Why are you giving me the react_confused.png.063572f75d38d533e8451e8abc1e7c75.png

Reddit's big danger is that everyone thinks the same. So for most news threads you will see liberal or pro-Biden spin. Rarely are you allowed to post anything different or else it won't be acknowledged or even worse will be downvoted because it goes against the grain.

As we all know assuming we are all college graduates, there is NO answer that is absolutely correct, and two sides to every story, yet if you frequent Reddit it is often one-sided.

I don't know how many subreddits you follow, but I don't find this true at all.

I really don't care if I get acknowledgements, but I'm not sure I've even gotten down voted yet.

There are whole subreddits that are frankly opposites of each other, like political, or specific to sharing and learning art.  There are subreddits for nearly every state and even many cities.  The ones that dive deep into history or science are certainly not dominated by one side but getting to the bottom of it.

There are a couple subreddits are notice are basically the same subreddit with different names cattered almost exclusively to the moaning and b****ing of millenials and how fd we are.  Sometimes OP take it too far and get push back from their own generation:

https://www.reddit.com?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=1

I frequent the bipolar and IT ones to see if anything worth sharing that maybe helpful that hasn't already been said.

There's jus too many communities to say they're all the same, that's ridiculous...if you follown subreddits that are basically different variations of each other, sure, maybe possible, can't relate.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't know how many subreddits you follow, but I don't find this true at all.

I really don't care if I get acknowledgements, but I'm not sure I've even gotten down voted yet.

There are whole subreddits that are frankly opposites of each other, like political, or specific to sharing and learning art.  There are subreddits for nearly every state and even many cities.  The ones that dive deep into history or science are certainly not dominated by one side but getting to the bottom of it.

There are a couple subreddits are notice are basically the same subreddit with different names cattered almost exclusively to the moaning and b****ing of millenials and how fd we are.  Sometimes OP take it too far and get push back from their own generation:

https://www.reddit.com?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=1

I frequent the bipolar and IT ones to see if anything worth sharing that maybe helpful that hasn't already been said.

There's jus too many communities to say they're all the same, that's ridiculous...if you follown subreddits that are basically different variations of each other, sure, maybe possible, can't relate.

That's funny, I get the one where millennials whine about boomers. Gets old.  NPI.  Damn algorithm thinks I'm older than I am apparently.

• Thumb up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Instead of banning TikTok for being Chinese-owned, why don't we ban the parts of it that are objectionable... and hold everybody to that standard?

It's Spyware, man, even if I agree with you this was a different threat then navigating accountability of facilitating "free speech" alone...

It's not the same fight, different risk and priority.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

It's Spyware, man, even if I agree with you this was a different threat then navigating accountability of facilitating "free speech" alone...

It's not the same fight, different risk and priority.

It is spyware.  As are a million other things from American corporations.  Get rid of all the ****ing spyware.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

It is spyware.  As are a million other things from American corporations.  Get rid of all the ****ing spyware.

Isn't that what they're doing here by forcing the sale? 

It's one thing for Americans to be spying on Americans...Tik Tok is different being a competing authoritarian budding superpower doing it.

This isn't over, this jus getting started, imo:

https://energycommerce.house.gov/posts/committee-chairs-rodgers-cantwell-unveil-historic-draft-comprehensive-data-privacy-legislation

Potential American GDPR equivalent...game changer...if they can stop talking **** and get the Tik Tok bill to Bidens desk, trying to pour some realism into my half full cup but this closer then we've ever been.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Isn't that what they're doing here by forcing the sale? 

It's one thing for Americans to be spying on Americans...Tik Tok is different being a competing authoritarian budding superpower doing it.

This isn't over, this jus getting started, imo:

https://energycommerce.house.gov/posts/committee-chairs-rodgers-cantwell-unveil-historic-draft-comprehensive-data-privacy-legislation

Potential American GDPR equivalent...game changer...if they can stop talking **** and get the Tik Tok bill to Bidens desk, trying to pour some realism into my half full cup but this closer then we've ever been.

No, they're not getting rid of the spyware, they're just saying "China spyware bad, all other spyware good!"  Get rid of ALL THE ****ING SPYWARE!

• Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Meh TikTok gets singled out because they refuse to sell all the information they gather to the highest bidder like Murican companies. 

Lmfao @  "It's one thing for Americans to be spying on Americans". So yeah its ok as long as we're the ones doing it. Whys that exactly? 

Edited by Captain Wiggles