Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

I just watched the Adam peters press conference start to finish.

One thing that struck me as odd was when he was referencing lance newmark he talked about how they've never worked together but are good friends and spent years helping each other with scouting and that he was his "north star" at times in regards to scouting. I'm paraphrasing a little because I don't remember the exact wording.

Does it seem unusual to anyone else that two guys from different teams would help each other out so much in terms of scouting or am I reading too much I to that?

I know the league is a big brotherhood and they all have relationships all over the league but does that seem a bit excessive?

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

One thing that struck me as odd was when he was referencing lance newmark he talked about how they've never worked together but are good friends and spent years helping each other with scouting and that he was his "north star" at times in regards to scouting. I'm paraphrasing a little because I don't remember the exact wording.

Does it seem unusual to anyone else that two guys from different teams would help each other out so much in terms of scouting or am I reading too much I to that?

I know the league is a big brotherhood and they all have relationships all over the league but does that seem a bit excessive?

No. Ron was apparently getting a lot of advisory help from Bills FO guys during his first year here

8 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

DQ is the best speaker in the organization

The only other one I've found to be close to quinn is Tavita Pritchard as far as being articulate, confident and having that Je ne sais quoi or savoir faire so to speak.

Edited by redskinss
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, redskinss said:

The only other one I've found to be close to quinn is Tavita Pritchard as far as being articulate, confident and having that Je ne sais quoi so to speak.

Damn Redskinss you think just like me (at least with respect to this)!!

I was thoroughly impressed with Tavita's brief interview last week and found myself visualizing him speaking directly to the whole team with exceptional poise and command.

A coach with a real future.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I don't speak on this much but at my age and following this team over 50 years, I will always refer to them as Redskins.  Now, moving forward bring the feather back and call them the "Washington Football Team".  I liked it when they changed to it.  It's unique and no other team had a name close to it and any other team, if they tried to use it would be 2nd, 3rd etc. if they name their team as such (i.e., Atlanta Football Team").  I don't think it happens.  It's about as close as we can get to getting them back to the Washington Redskins, I think and then move them back to a new RFK Stadium by tearing it down and building a new RFK Stadium.  My take.  Peace!  

Are you the kind of corned coot, who puts his pantaloons to go full chisel to the doggery to wake snakes and other bolderdash? 

Words evolve. Things change. We're the commanders now and hopefully we'll be the Redwolves soon.

WFT only happened because of Snyders hubris about the name, so it stinks with his failure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

OK, ill ask. What is the significance of this move? Seems a bit odd that they would cut ties just as things are looking up. Someone on here with more smarts than me will have the answer.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Not really. Its important to maintain a network. Its something Cerrato and Allen lacked big time. Rivera kinda sorda had one but he was so out of touch that when it came down to making decisions he made the wrong ones.

17 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

OK, ill ask. What is the significance of this move? Seems a bit odd that they would cut ties just as things are looking up. Someone on here with more smarts than me will have the answer.

FedEx had a clause they exercised. I’m sure Fred Smith wanted to be done with the team. It’s a massive benefit financially to the team. FedEx only saves 16 million bucks. Bud Light or FanDuel will pay 8 to 10x that but the team will probably go with a car manufacturer or similar to avoid an alcohol or gambling partner name on the stadium. Too bad the crypto naming fad is gone that would have been real money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/02/28/commanders-fed-ex-naming-rights/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

FedEx had a clause they exercised. I’m sure Fred Smith wanted to be done with the team. It’s a massive benefit financially to the team. FedEx only saves 16 million bucks. Bud Light or FanDuel will pay 8 to 10x that but the team will probably go with a car manufacturer or similar to avoid an alcohol or gambling partner name on the stadium. Too bad the crypto naming fad is gone that would have been real money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/02/28/commanders-fed-ex-naming-rights/

I can see the benefit to the team, but curious as to why FED EX decided to bail.  Guess its in the article but like Twitter  /  X I'm not subscribed. lol

Edited by Chris 44

29 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I can see the benefit to the team, but curious as to why FED EX decided to bail.  Guess its in the article but like Twitter  /  X I'm not subscribed. lol

Not from the article but the story is Fred Smith went to war with Snyder and lost with the NFL backing Snyder and screwing Fred Smith out of a ton of money. Their 40% share as minority owners was valued at 800 million when Snyder paid them out. 3 years later that share sold for 2.5 billion. 

Fred Smith exercised his first opportunity to get out of the naming deal. Simple as that. Too much bad blood. Given where naming rights deals are now saving 16 million for 2 years is a pittance compared to what it will probably get now.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

the team will probably go with a car manufacturer or similar to avoid an alcohol or gambling partner name on the stadium

Not so sure about that.

Word on the street is Magic is furiously working on closing a deal with Snoop and OE-800 for naming rights and a major marketing campaign...

image.png.72f3c48b42383114a3dd36594a67ed71.png

"This is how I Take Command!"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

the team will probably go with a car manufacturer or similar to avoid an alcohol or gambling partner name on the stadium

Not so sure about that.

Word on the street is Magic is furiously working on closing a deal with Snoop and OE-800 for naming rights and a major marketing campaign...

image.png.72f3c48b42383114a3dd36594a67ed71.png

"This is how I Take Command!"

It’s in the article. The firm they hired to land them a deal mostly has had car manufacturers as the sponsor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s in the article. The firm they hired to land them a deal mostly has had car manufacturers as the sponsor.

I gotta imagine seeing those plans about bumping them out as stadium name rights sponsors to make some quick money probably ruffled some feathers at FedEx too.

Suddenly dropping out unsuspectingly to the team can be seen as a bit of a "screw u round"

Edited by FootballZombie

41 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

Losing the name. “FedEx Field” is the change we didn’t know we needed.  I’m stoked actually.  Putting a new name on the stadium for the years that we have left to be there is a step forward.  

I vote for "The Pine Barrens" as our new facility name...

Let these lazy reprobates know that the club med days are over.

Training camp's gonna be cold, tough, and hard hitting.

We've even hired a tough Russian "interior decorator" to personally handle any complainers.

Oh, and as for food-- tell the players to bring plenty of ketchup packets.

image.png.fba6bd799e19f0923c9cb04e9a947887.png

• Haha 3

The stadium improvements are already coming to whatever it's going to be called next year.  The rest will come gradually as the stench of the former ownership goes away and the grades from players will improve 

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Thumb up 1