Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

17 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Shoot! Was hoping he would be available for us if we went with an offensive HC. Good hire for the Jaguars!

More than a few of us were!  Wow.  

32 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Ron fits being a coordinator—Could see him crush it in this role. Be in the background and worry about connecting with 20-30 defensive players and that be it. 

Yeah, I'm not ready to say the man can't coordinate anything either. Many NFL head coaches are coordinator who got promoted beyond their competence. The game might have passed Ron by in the 13 years since he last coordinated a defense, but I don't think it's a given.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, GoSkins1976 said:

The longer this goes the more I am thinking that it will be Mike MacDonald as the HC due to his relationship with Shen and Harris's desire to emulate the Ravens organization layout

I think Peters will have the greater say than Shen and Harris

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think Peters will have the greater say than Shen and Harris

Yes, I agree.  They have input but he has final say.  No doubt.  He should have never taken the job unless he was given that.  He's the GM!  

24 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

If we go with an offensive HC, what about Wink Martindale as DC? 

I mean, he probably would look at our roster and puke, but it's be easy to improve the 32nd ranked defense... LOL

Hes a dinosaur and apparently was insubordinate and toxic af for the Giants. 

Id rather get a young up and comer that can be a part of what were building.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hes a dinosaur and apparently was insubordinate and toxic af for the Giants. 

Id rather get a young up and comer that can be a part of what were building.

There is an advantage to having an experienced DC with a first time head coach, so as long as his scheming isn't antiquated...

Also, hasn't Daboll been getting the blame for what happened in NY? 

Edited by DiscoBob

5 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

There is an advantage to having an experienced DC with a first time head coach, so as long as his scheming isn't antiquated...

Also, hasn't Daboll been getting the blame for what happened in NY? 

I agree with what WH has stated.  We need an up and comer DC or OC depending on who is hired as HC.  If a DC is hired as HC, then an up and coming OC

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I agree with what WH has stated.  We need an up and comer DC or OC depending on who is hired as HC.  If a DC is hired as HC, then an up and coming OC

There is no "right way" to structure all of this, but I like the idea of a young up and coming OC as our next head coach.  Then get a little experience at your DC position.  If you get a more experienced career DC, then you are not at risk of losing him as soon as he does something worthwhile.

I'd just be concerned with a young first time HC and a young DC as your two highest profile coaches.  A little bit of "been there / done that" can be really stabilizing to a team going through a rebuild.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

There is no "right way" to structure all of this, but I like the idea of a young up and coming OC as our next head coach.  Then get a little experience at your DC position.  If you get a more experienced career DC, then you are not at risk of losing him as soon as he does something worthwhile.

I'd just be concerned with a young first time HC and a young DC as your two highest profile coaches.  A little bit of "been there / done that" can be really stabilizing to a team going through a rebuild.

The coaches behind you OC and DC are or should be groomed in their perspective positions, (i.e., DB coach, DL coach, LB coach, WR coach, RB coach etc. and their assistants) so that when your OC or DC get hired one of them are ready to take over.  

Edited by RWJ

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

The coaches behind you OC and DC are or should be groomed in their perspective positions, (i.e., DB coach, DL coach, LB coach, WR coach, RB coach etc. and their assistants) so that when your OC or DC get hired one of them are ready to take over.  

I think you are generally spot on with this approach.  I guess I'm just considering our specific situation... new owner(s), new GM, new front office, new HC, new coordinators... basically new everything (all of which I'm thrilled about).

I know they've all done it elsewhere.... but not here / together.  It seems like it would be worth having that one, really experienced coach near the top of the org to project stability.... so DC seems to be the best option, but it could be in another role.

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SkinsNatsFan said:

Possibly fans of other teams posing as Commanders fans. That happens all the time. Online and call in.

Nah. People are really ****ing stupid and think it matters that Howell threw for so many useless yards. Those sound exactly like some of the under-informed fans I sometimes see commenting under various Keim tweets, etc. 

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Eagles are looking for experienced DC's

They will sign Wink.  RR is a minority.  They are abusing the system too.  Howie Roseman is slick.  

• Thumb up 1