Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

Wow, a Chiefs fan is the last person who should be complaining because all I’ve seen this entire season is Kelce and Mahomes commercials over and over. If the media has a love affair with anybody, it’s them. San Fran is the top team in the conference this year, so they deserve whatever attention they are getting. 

Also worth noting, the Chiefs defense historically has been a byproduct of teams chasing the team's offense, leaving them vulnerable to sacks/turnovers etc. It's lawn chair folding worthy in the same way as say, the Eagles was, if the offense struggles. Now add in that your division included the vaunted attacks of Las Vegas (27th), Denver (19th) and an imploding Chargers team (16th), and it's not a surprise that the Chiefs D ranked fairly well (they did play Detroit and Green Bay, both top 6, but then also played the 22nd and 23rd ranked Bears and Vikes. 

I don't get what its about either. The Chiefs have Mahomes and a great coach. That's what all of the Chiefs stuff is built around, that and Kelce and Hill before he left and an adequate defense that could take advantage of teams forced to play catch up, but its not some miracle build, it's a team that consistently patches holes and gets by because of Mahomes. The Niners, like the Ravens the past 15 years have largely had to get by with crap to average quarterbacking while completing perfect builds everywhere else (and then both appeared to hit on QB over the past 5 years). The Ravens and Niners builds are far more impressive to me. Hell the Chiefs needed WR help for years, and we just had an endless litany of mega elite, and deep WR drafts year after year after year and they busied themselves drafting the handful of busts from those classes until they finally got Rice. Color me not impressed. Hell they even got RB wrong in the mega loaded '20 class. They took CEH, CEH!!! Over Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, and D'Andre Swift. Luckily they hit on Pacheco. Definitely not terribly impressed with their building, at all. They'd be far more competitive if they'd been more competent at providing Mahomes with at least average drafts, generally, they did not have that, especially in early rounds. 

• Like 4

The Rams doing p.r. work for Mr. Raheem is a breath of fresh air. The guy is beloved in every locker room he has ever been in and his current employer recognizes that this employee has something to offer another club at the head coaching position. The Rams recognize they're lucky but love dude enough to allow him to grow amd mature his career. 

If more bosses did this...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I really dislike this point from Keim.  McVay wasn't coaching an offense with multiple All-Pros in a high-stakes playoff game.

Not to say people should be reactionary and not look at the full picture, but it's not a good comparison IMO.

No but that offense did have some really good talent. Cousins, Garcon, D Jax, Crowder, Reed, and an OL with Williams, Scherff, and Moses.

Now did I think about it, man its even more aggravating that team only won 8 games.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Snipet in to Raheem Morris talking about the upcoming Lions game

Raheem has grown up.  Long time since I listened to him.  He is contagious!  Do you think that's a good word to use?  He is a leader.  Not just saying to impress but I can sense a potential HC and he is one that can bring the calm in a storm and bring the storm in the calm if need be!  Wow!  Great post, HigSkin.  I'm ready for him to be announced as HC.  I'm speechless.  IF no Ben Johnson who I really like a lot, bring on some Raheeeeem!!!!  I'm pumped.  He needs to be brought onto this team somehow.  Need this energy  :)  

• Like 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Not believing the Morris hype at the moment. Seems like a runaway PR train. Could be wrong I guess. Interesting how it’s quickly gained traction.

Did you listen to the video that HigSkin posted?  It has been awhile since I listened to dude.  He is a leader.  He has grown since I last heard him several years ago.  See my remarks.  The are not the end all; be all but JMO, 74.  Please give HigSkin's video of him a listen to and read my remarks.  Then repost, Brother!  :)  I was like no way!  But...:)      

• Like 1

A bunch of good nuggets dropped by Benjamin Allbright on with Big Doug -

• Asked about EB and said he doesn't want to get too far ahead but believes there'd be a swap of OC's.  Essentially EB being under contract, it wouldn't be a trade but swap.  Wonder who he is talking about?
  • Belichick to Falcons - on the verge of happening if Falcons don't fumble it
  • He did say Commanders did fish around on Belichick
  • Bears draft Williams and trades Fields (everything he's heard and not very high pick, maybe 2nd and change)
  • Thinks Atlanta brings in a vet like Russell Wilson - can play on a small contract because Denver has to pay the difference
  • Thinks Canales (Bucs) needs another year
  • Slowik will get a job if he wants one
  • Thinks Harbaugh to Chargers is just about done
  • AP to Raiders - got the locker room and can do it on the cheap
  • Titans looking seriously at Quinn (probably Seattle though) and Slowik
  • Thinks Cohen or Waldron OC to Bears.  He thinks Kingsley was more for intel on Williams
  • He's not sure either coordinators for Ravens gets a job
  • Peters was the guy all along for Washington
  • Everything he's heard is that it's Ben Johnson to Washington @RWJ
  • Also thinks Johnson will want Maye for his offense
  • He's not sure about coordinators for Washington 

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Love Raheem, but we've had coaches here who were "beloved" or liked by players, and that usually didn't end well. I prefer a disciplinarian first but who's fair, consistent, detail-oriented, and can clearly/efficiently communicate X's/O's to the players. If Morris is that guy, then bring him in. If not, I hope the team looks elsewhere. To be honest, none of the coaches favored to come here are all that impressive to me.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Did you listen to the video that HigSkin posted?  It has been awhile since I listened to dude.  He is a leader.  He has grown since I last heard him several years ago.  See my remarks.  The are not the end all; be all but JMO, 74.  Please give HigSkin's video of him a listen to and read my remarks.  Then repost, Brother!  :)  I was like no way!  But...:)      

Not for me. Slowik or Johnson would be my way….

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Raheem has grown up.  Long time since I listened to him.  He is contagious!  Do you think that's a good word to use?  He is a leader.  Not just saying to impress but I can sense a potential HC and he is one that can bring the calm in a storm and bring the storm in the calm if need be!  Wow!  Great post, HigSkin.  I'm ready for him to be announced as HC.  I'm speechless.  IF no Ben Johnson who I really like a lot, bring on some Raheeeeem!!!!  I'm pumped.  He needs to be brought onto this team somehow.  Need this energy  :)  

This was the most predictable ES extreme flip flop in opinion of all time  

• Haha 8

27 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Not for me. Slowik or Johnson would be my way….

Me too but Raheem has come a long way since the Raheem I listen too before. :) 

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Allbright is usually never wrong.  Just saying.  I posted this back early in 2023.  He was the first one to say EB to DC.  

35 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

A bunch of good nuggets dropped by Benjamin Allbright on with Big Doug -

• Asked about EB and said he doesn't want to get too far ahead but believes there'd be a swap of OC's.  Essentially EB being under contract, it wouldn't be a trade but swap.  Wonder who he is talking about?
  • Belichick to Falcons - on the verge of happening if Falcons don't fumble it
  • He did say Commanders did fish around on Belichick
  • Bears draft Williams and trades Fields (everything he's heard and not very high pick, maybe 2nd and change)
  • Thinks Atlanta brings in a vet like Russell Wilson - can play on a small contract because Denver has to pay the difference
  • Thinks Canales (Bucs) needs another year
  • Slowik will get a job if he wants one
  • Thinks Harbaugh to Chargers is just about done
  • AP to Raiders - got the locker room and can do it on the cheap
  • Titans looking seriously at Quinn (probably Seattle though) and Slowik
  • Thinks Cohen or Waldron OC to Bears.  He thinks Kingsley was more for intel on Williams
  • He's not sure either coordinators for Ravens gets a job
  • Peters was the guy all along for Washington
  • Everything he's heard is that it's Ben Johnson to Washington @RWJ
  • Also thinks Johnson will want Maye for his offense
  • He's not sure about coordinators for Washington 

Accolades to you and many more, HigSkin.  Your one of my favorites on ES.  Never forget that!  I mean what I say and say what I mean.  :)  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Raheeem supposedly has a lot of friends and is connected in the league, am guessing someone with ties to McVay or Kyle, I'll think about it 

While you're thinking about it @ThatNFLChick gave me some good names already.  Think about this one and both you and her think of some names of OC and DC if Johnson is named HC.  :)  

Uh, he's here do to the event.  

Ravens play in Baltimore tomorrow too.  The Harbaughs hand together.  They are very much family oriented.  

Edited by RWJ

1 hour ago, klwilkins1977 said:

The Rams doing p.r. work for Mr. Raheem is a breath of fresh air. The guy is beloved in every locker room he has ever been in and his current employer recognizes that this employee has something to offer another club at the head coaching position. The Rams recognize they're lucky but love dude enough to allow him to grow amd mature his career. 

If more bosses did this...

You are being sarcastic right? They want the two 3rd rd picks and Brandon Staley back. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Morris is quickly moving up on my list.  Johnson obviously #1 but not a sure thing so I'm not going to get too overconfident.  Yeah we've hired some great "leaders" that failed here over the last couple decades but keep in mind the dip**** owner played a big part in those failures.  If we did hire Morris at least now we have grownups in charge running things now.

34 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Some more Raheem.  Watch his method(s).  Really like this.  

The Rams defense sucked. If Jacoby Brissett started that game for us, we would have beat them easily. This whole Raheem Morris movement is a joke. The guy is a mediocre coordinator at best and sucked as a HC. We should not hire any defensive coach actually. Would be counterproductive to developing our pick at QB at number 2.

Harris is an analytics guy and Adam Peters is not stupid. No way we hire Raheem. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 3

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I listened to Standig, he's thinking Johnson, that's the name he hears the most when asking around but doesn't think its slam dunk

It seems to get candidates in, you have to show being open to anyone even though you've alway had a #1 target.  Thus, all this conflicting information coming out.  🙂

• Like 1