Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Others are saying the same with most saying peters is who they expect to be the hire. It would be a slight surprise at this point if its not Peters.

Burgundy Blog who claims to be an insider on twitter, he's hit and miss from what I recall, he's been beating the drum for weeks that he's heard Cunningham is their guy.

i am rooting for Peters.  But Cunningham seems a good get, too.

And the other real insiders like Keim seem to think Peters has the edge granted that was preinterview.

Just now, FrFan said:

If its Peters I'm wondering if he'll bring in Wilks instead of Johnson ?

That's a very valid question and one that has been brought up with legit 9er beat reporter Matt Barrows as I have posted before.  :)  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Did people look up Adam Peters career? He drafted Brock Osweisler and Paxton Lynch. Look at his Denver drafts. 

Ozzie Newsome drafted Kyle Boller. Guess his career is forever tarnished.

If picking QB's was easy, every single team would have their own Peyton Manning.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 7

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

If picking QB's was easy, every single team would have their own Peyton Manning.

Exactly!  Adams is known for his mid/late round drafting.  See Bobby Beathard.  That simple. 

• Like 1

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Also drafted Joe Flacco and Lamar Jackson. I am saying look up his drafts of teams he’s involved with. We need to build through the draft. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

That's a very valid question and one that has been brought up with legit 9er beat reporter Matt Barrows as I have posted before.  :)  

Sorry I missed your post, found it.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

The wheel doesn’t turn without HOF Trent Williams and HOF Christian McCaffrey traded for peanuts by two worst organization in football. Mike Shanahan did the same thing as Kyle Shanahan In making players like Terrell Davis stars. 

Edited by OtisDriftwood25
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

This post, @Skinsinparadise These are some heavy words and how credible do you think them to be from JP. I don't follow Hollywood JP too much. IF Hollywood is right, then possibly an outside chance that both could work together.  But words are powerful and it could be interpreted some other way too. 

By the way ... not sure if some folks are reading the context of this tweet wrong BUT ... Peters and Cunningham have said NO to other teams in YEARS PAST. I don't think this is to mean they've declined all the other requests they've received this year, which would be very telling that they could come as a package, but that is not the case, from the way I read this and how JP worded this tweet similarly on the show a bit ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Did people look up Adam Peters career? He drafted Brock Osweisler and Paxton Lynch. Look at his Denver drafts. 

He was just a scout when they drafted osweiler and he was just the director of college scouting when they drafted lynch.

There's no reason to believe those picks were on him, he may have had a say but he was not the decision maker.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

By the way ... not sure if some folks are reading the context of this tweet wrong BUT ... Peters and Cunningham have said NO to other teams in YEARS PAST. I don't think this is to mean they've declined all the other requests they've received this year, which would be very telling that they could come as a package, but that is not the case, from the way I read this and how JP worded this tweet similarly on the show a bit ago.

JMS, I question him and JP was referring to a article by SI from last year.  Dude is Hollywood all the way.  Follow him if you want to.  Me, I like Keim.  

• Confused 1

Just now, redskinss said:

He was just a scout when they drafted osweiler and he was just the director of college scouting when they drafted lynch.

There's no reason to believe those picks were on him, he may have had a say but he was not the decision maker.

What about Trey Lance? It was known Kyle did not want Trey Lance but the scouting department overruled him.

• Haha 1

We may need to offer Peters a role further up the chain than GM to get him out of SF.

I was reading it wrong myself but now that you point it out ,that makes perfect sense.

There's no reason they would both tell teams no to interviews this year except for washington, that would be foolish for them to do so.

21 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Ok and a ton of good ones too? This whole reaching into anyone’s past for a bust is so tedious, literally no one gets it right every time. The problem with this organisation is we’ve got it right none of the time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

What about Trey Lance? It was known Kyle did not want Trey Lance but the scouting department overruled him.

It's certainly possible but as others have pointed out everybody misses from time to time.

Christ himself is not coming down from the heavens to make us infallible so I'll take the guy the league is all a buzz about and who the niners don't want to lose, if he fails it won't be because he wasn't qualified 

• Like 1

Just now, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Ok and a ton of good ones too? This whole reaching into anyone’s past for a bust is so tedious, literally no one gets it right every time. The problem with this organisation is we’ve got it right none of the time

I’m just saying look at the drafts. There are a lot of misses. I am not trying to pile on Peters but I believe the Ravens, Cowboys and Eagles have higher hit percentages. Cowboys have hit Micah, Ceedee, and Tyler Smith 3 years in a row.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I’m just saying look at the drafts. There are a lot of misses. I am not trying to pile on Peters but I believe the Ravens, Cowboys and Eagles have higher hit percentages. Cowboys have hit Micah, Ceedee, and Tyler Smith 3 years in a row.

And yet aren’t as good as SF? The draft is just one aspect of this role. One that Peters is still seemingly really good at when you look at the likes of Deebo, Hufanga, Purdy etc etc

10 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Do you have a source for this?  If I recall correctly, Shanahan was dailed in on Jones and Lance and ultimately chose Lance.  

6 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

What are the respective hit percentages of those teams vs the Niners?  (I have no idea, just curious)  Every draft room has lot of hits and misses.  It is almost impossible for the average fan to trace who is responsible for which pick.  

Ok can someone please refresh my memory on who we've asked to interview for HC

13 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I think you’re right, could you somehow alert Harris’s before he makes a big mistake ? 

• Haha 2