Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

27 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

There are Solomon Thomas, Trey Lance and Javon Kinlaw misses in there.

Interesting point here, could the miss on Lance be a lesson that Peters learned about taking a QB that high as opposed to the selection of Purdy in the 7th round? 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

If they've both shot everyone else down and are coming in on the same day for a meeting, it's gonna be both and that is absolutely amazing.

Howl to the Redwolves!

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Interesting point here, could the miss on Lance be a lesson that Peters learned about taking a QB that high as opposed to the selection of Purdy in the 7th round? 

We don't even know if Peters himself was the one advocating for Lance. Could have been Lynch or Shanahan. Peters was not the head honcho in San Fran.

And even then, I'll never kill a guy for targeting a QB he loves and going up and getting him. I'd rather take the ballsy guy who goes for it then a guy who'd rather draft LBs and CBs and keep kicking the QB need down the line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Niners most recent QB success is with Purdy (round 7) and Kaepernick (round 2, pick 4). Build the roster.

Hiring both might be what it takes. The 49ers are willing to make Peters the GM and then promote Lynch so they can keep both.

Let Peters focus on building the FO and handling all the other stuff and Cunningham focus on personnel, with Peters chiming in when needed for certain big personnel decisions(i.e. drafting a QB, or trading up, etc.).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Purdy still is an anomaly as a starting QB, just like Tom (not saying he's Tom). Most of the top QBs are high-pick guys, predominantly from the first (exceptions bein Tom, Dak, Russ, Jalen). 

Just now, BurgundyBooger said:

Can someone outline the difference between the two front office roles (e.g., their duties)? What does the Football Ops guy do vs. the GM?

HOG

Pres

VP

HoFO

HC,GM

and the rest, here on not gilligans island any moooore

Just now, Warhead36 said:

We don't even know if Peters himself was the one advocating for Lance. Could have been Lynch or Shanahan. Peters was not the head honcho in San Fran.

And even then, I'll never kill a guy for targeting a QB he loves and going up and getting him. I'd rather take the ballsy guy who goes for it then a guy who'd rather draft LBs and CBs and keep kicking the QB need down the line.

Exactly.  FWIW (not much but...) Ive been reading more over on a 49er forum.  Some of their fans are not happy to be losing Peters if it happens.  Others are in denial about what impact Peters actually had on drafts.  A seemingly knowledgeable person chimed in suggesting that Peters was very involved in mid to late round picks.  Basically Shanny and Lynch went with Peters on those picks while they focused more on the top picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds.  The Lance selection was likely at the very least not all on Peters.

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Can someone outline the difference between the two front office roles (e.g., their duties)? What does the Football Ops guy do vs. the GM?

I think the HOFO is the head honcho. Does a lot of the administrative stuff, salary cap, building a new training facility, etc. GM I think is more just roster building, running the scouting depts etc.

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Exactly.  FWIW (not much but...) Ive been reading more over on a 49er forum.  Some of their fans are not happy to be losing Peters if it happens.  Others are in denial about what impact Peters actually had on drafts.  A seemingly knowledgeable person chimed in suggesting that Peters was very involved in mid to late round picks.  Basically Shanny and Lynch went with Peters on those picks while they focused more on the top picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds.  The Lance selection was likely at the very least not all on Peters.

I wouldn't even be upset if it was Peters who pushed for Lance. He ID'd a guy he loved and went out and got him. I'll always be in favor of aggressiveness. It didn't work out, such is life.

12 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Are we looking at an EVP/Pres with Peters and Cunningham GM?

They way it reads to me, HigSkin in VP of Football OPS only.  It would be a bonus if we could land both but looks like only one.  I will say this keep an eye on 9ers RJ Gillen Director of Pro Personnel as GM if Peters is the one.  He has to be. Hiring of Myers.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

This feels like the twilight zone or the ugly nerd that turned hot and who everyone wants to date.  Feels nice to be wanted instead of bribing coaches and people with money

Its amazing what having a smart, talented owner does.

Quality people attract quality people.

• Like 4