Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, HigSkin said:

It'll be interesting to see if Peters declines the interviews with others.  We'll know from that whether he's taking the job!

Have to assume he will meet with the Raiders and Chargers since its already been reported.  If he wasn't interested in the job I would assume there would be no report about the meeting request.  Who knows.  Hopefully its a match and he wants to be here and we want him..

Just now, RabidFan said:

Why isn't Macdonald from Balt on the top of the DC list as people are talking about how great he is and could be a HC here and elsewhere?  Just seems odd.

He is!  Whoever posted this tweet missed him  Check out Keim on twitter and Nicki J. from the WP too. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, RabidFan said:

Why isn't Macdonald from Balt on the top of the DC list as people are talking about how great he is and could be a HC here and elsewhere?  Just seems odd.

This is a popularity list a amongst players from the NFLPA.  Not gonna be a 1:1 correlation between popularity and greatness...

• Like 1

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Have to assume he will meet with the Raiders and Chargers since its already been reported.  If he wasn't interested in the job I would assume there would be no report about the meeting request.  Who knows.  Hopefully its a match and he wants to be here and we want him..

I saw the "request" interview but have not seen the part which showed when the meetings were scheduled.  Maybe they are already lined up.  We'll see

• Like 1

Just now, HigSkin said:

It'll be interesting to see if Peters declines the interviews with others.  We'll know from that whether he's taking the job!

I’d slow down on that.  They have to talk to him first.  I’ve seen many leading candidates interview themselves out of the job.

I think both sides should talk to others and not get locked in on one person. Sure, you don’t want to lose your primary candidate, but if you narrow in on one guy, typically that’s a mistake.  I’d take the time to interview the other 3-4 people and see what happens. 

I admit it’s a balancing act, but it’s critical to due diligence on a variety of top candidates. Also, I know Garris knows that.  I think they’ll announce over the weekend or next week.  

And if I’m Peters, no way I make a decision without talking to each organization.  At worst, you could create a little bidding war. 

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Even Nicki J. mentioned via SIP's post earlier he thought Peters and Johnson would be hired.  I got to think Keim is right.  I mean Peter's flies to your home, meets with one of his tight friends, Myers hired by Harris and meeting with Harris too.  It's a done deal, I really believe.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Nikki from the WP predicting Ben Johnson-Peters.  But she says its a guess.

So you said JP said it, Keim mentioned his best guess and now Nikki?  Certainly a theme here!!

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Even Keim mentioned via SIP's post earlier he thought Peters and Johnson would be hired.  I got to think Keim is right.  I mean Peter's flies to your home, meets with one of his tight friends, Myers hired by Harris and meeting with Harris too.  It's a done deal, I really believe.  

Someone else said that.  i missed the Keim appearance on Sheehan.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What this proves is how long this has been in the works.  Harris probably started to engage Myers and Spielman around Halloween or earlier.  

Just the logistics of getting them on board, approved to have the conversations, connected, all that stuff, takes time.  It takes time to work through the engagement letters (I'm assuming both are "contractors" and not team employees), defining what the scope is, etc.  All of these things take some time.

Then, it's absolutely clear there has been a lot of prep work already done.  Lists were created, internal discussions were had, they probably had some degree of a down-select from an initial list, collecting of contact information for agents, and maybe even some preliminary discussions with agents as long as they didn't break any rules, about getting ahead of setting up interviews.

That way, as soon as the starter pistol went off, they were able to engage and rapid fire start setting things up.  

One question I wished was asked which wasn't was when the process started.  I'm pretty sure Harris would have tip-toed around the answer, but this thing didn't come together between Sunday night and Monday morning.  It's probably been months in the making.  

Yep, said something similar yesterday. Months would be my guess. Shortlists well and truly drawn up some time ago.

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

So you said JP said it, Keim mentioned his best guess and now Nikki?  Certainly a theme here!!

HigSkin, I fixed my post.  Nicki J. from WP.  Sorry about that.  

• Like 1

Just now, Commander202 said:

If we did hire Peters than who are former 49er players that fan interest us . If we did want to go vet qb route I would have to think jimmy G on that list . 

Who I rather not have 

Negator on Jimmy G.  Check out Spotrac and see their list of FAs.  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

And at Harris's pad too!  

• Like 1