Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, Curtisp5286 said:

No, no one else was fired (yet).  And, no, I don’t believe there was word of EB being interviewed.

Actually looks like Harris said he would consider EB.
 https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/01/commanders-request-interview-with-mike-macdonald-team-to-consider-eric-bieniemy-for-hc-position

Of course, the interview will serve to satisfy the Rooney rule in case Harris wants to go after another coach quickly. No one is ever going to hire EB as an HC after this one.  Guilt by association.

Edited by kfrankie

2 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Not really. Very off-handed, political answer to avoid controversy. Just said that it would be up to whoever they hire.

Meanwhile, they’re setting up interviews with other coveted candidates in anticipation of the eventual GM wanting to meet them. And EB isn’t one of them. So what does that tell you? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Right. I believe there are different timing rules for FO personnel.

Since you would prefer to have your front office/Gm have a say in the coach getting hired; I don’t think the interview rules are as strict/structured as they are for coaches.  You still have to interview 2 minorities, I think.

I’m confident we will have our Gm hired in 2 weeks and ready to be there when in person interviews are allowed on 1/22.

30 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Interviewing EB should be a no brainer.  Not for hiring purposes, but an opportunity to get a raw assessment of the talent we have among other things.  Harris is thorough and meticulous.  

That’s called an exit interview, and the new GM will likely conduct it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Weren't there rumors of EB interest from Chicago?  Works for me as I prefer an O minded HC but also EB sold out Sam with a shoddy OL and not running the ball enough

That guy got a two year deal from the team, too. He could sit on the couch for a year and regroup...

You guys were right, GM types can be interviewed in person pronto and hired whenever

The two (minimum) Rooney Rule compliant executives must be in-person interviews, not virtual. 

The other dates only apply to HC candidates. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Weren't there rumors of EB interest from Chicago?  Works for me as I prefer an O minded HC but also EB sold out Sam with a shoddy OL and not running the ball enough

Chicago didn’t fire their HC so there isn’t an opening there 

33 minutes ago, Conn said:

You guys were right, GM types can be interviewed in person pronto and hired whenever

The two (minimum) Rooney Rule compliant executives must be in-person interviews, not virtual. 

The other dates only apply to HC candidates. 

Yeah, tons of information came out today and it’s hard to keep up, but I’m pretty sure I heard the phrase “fly Peters in this week.” With the Myers announcement, you gotta think he’s the top target. Wouldn’t be surprised to hear an announcement that he’s hired before Saturday’s kickoff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kfrankie said:

Actually looks like Harris said he would consider EB.
 https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/01/commanders-request-interview-with-mike-macdonald-team-to-consider-eric-bieniemy-for-hc-position

Of course, the interview will serve to satisfy the Rooney rule in case Harris wants to go after another coach quickly. No one is ever going to hire EB as an HC after this one.  Guilt by association.

EB interview wouldn’t satisfy the Rooney. Two in-house candidates are required. EB, as we know, does not fit that profile.

6 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

EB interview wouldn’t satisfy the Rooney. Two in-house candidates are required. EB, as we know, does not fit that profile.

You mean not in-house, but yes you’re right 

• Thumb up 1