Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Paddleboat Ron leaves, is promoted, or traded at the deadline, who do you want as our next coach?

Redskinscub

4 hours ago, DWinzit said:

From awful to a great job as long as we don't start seeing injuries that have long recoup times.

Howell staying healthy is really a must

Get witness protection ready to whisk him away before we play Dallas

• Sad 1

Not sure who the new GM will interview in terms of coach, but if it was me, the list would be:

Eric Bieniemy
Wink Martindale
Raheem Morris
Dan Quinn
Brian Flores
Dave Toub  --> my personal favorite, and could keep Bieniemy on as OC to have some continuity with Howell.
Jim Harbaugh

• Thumb down 2

6 hours ago, Stoox said:

Not sure who the new GM will interview in terms of coach, but if it was me, the list would be:

Eric Bieniemy
Wink Martindale
Raheem Morris
Dan Quinn
Brian Flores
Dave Toub  --> my personal favorite, and could keep Bieniemy on as OC to have some continuity with Howell.
Jim Harbaugh

Way too many guys here who have already failed as HC (some spectacularly). Some guys are better as coordinators. Way too many DC here. This is just my opinion but this list, if it was comprehensive, would sicken me lol 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stoox said:

Eric Bieniemy
Wink Martindale
Raheem Morris
Dan Quinn
Brian Flores
Jim Harbaugh

The new thread on the Ron replacement will be very interesting. 

While it doesn't feel like Washington would take a defensive HC, who knows how the new GM will lean.

Many fans are tainted on the D side but the decision could easily go either way.

My favorite on your list is Quinn but I don't see him leaving Dallas.

I  am not a fan of the biggest name, Harbaugh...or Belichick for that matter

9 hours ago, Stoox said:

Eric Bieniemy
Wink Martindale
Raheem Morris
Dan Quinn
Brian Flores
Jim Harbaugh

Yuck at all these names.  We just suffered for 4 years with a defensive minded, dinosaur of an HC in Rivera.  Why would we move even further away from what works currently in the NFL, which is young, offensive minded coaches?  All those names are either retreads, or defensive coaches.  No bueno.  Just go after someone on Kyle Shanahan's staff, Sean McVay's staff or go all in on the hottest coaching prospect this offseason (Ben Johnson).  No more retreads, and I can't emphazise this enough:  NO MORE DEFENSIVE MINDED COACHING HIRES!!!

Edited by samy316
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Makes him a perfect fit in New England.

I think he'll go to Green Bay. Lafleur is awful and without Rodgers and Adams is being exposed as a complete fraud. That team needs a hard nosed taskmaster to whip em back into shape and Harbaugh is just a perfect midwest tough guy fit.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think he'll go to Green Bay. Lafleur is awful and without Rodgers and Adams is being exposed as a complete fraud. That team needs a hard nosed taskmaster to whip em back into shape and Harbaugh is just a perfect midwest tough guy fit.

He’s also a control freak, so if he gets to put his own personnel guy in the FO, he’s set. There is no owner to worry about.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I was being sarcastic refering to the cheating ;)

I'm all in on Harbaugh - just don't know if he would take the job without complete control of personnel. As bad as I want Harbaugh, I want a GM to run the show even more and if Harbaugh is not on board with that, then move on to the next name on the list! Ben Johnson is another name being thrown around alot on here. Don't know much about him, but my buddy who's a Lions fan says he is the best thing that's happened to Detroit in a while.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brewbrew2323 said:

Ben Johnson is another name being thrown around alot on here. Don't know much about him, but my buddy who's a Lions fan says he is the best thing that's happened to Detroit in a while.

Yep. The Lions should make him HC next season.

28 minutes ago, brewbrew2323 said:

I'm all in on Harbaugh - just don't know if he would take the job without complete control of personnel. As bad as I want Harbaugh, I want a GM to run the show even more and if Harbaugh is not on board with that, then move on to the next name on the list! Ben Johnson is another name being thrown around alot on here. Don't know much about him, but my buddy who's a Lions fan says he is the best thing that's happened to Detroit in a while.

Nope to Harbaugh......Hard pass on that.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Nope to Harbaugh......Hard pass on that.  

Would love to hear your why? He took over a horrendous NFL team, went to the Super Bowl and won 3(?) Divisional titles. Left, went to College and turned Michigan around. Maybe its just his demeanor that rubs you wrong way, which is fair but football wise I think he's the closest to a slam dunk there is. IMO

2 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I don't know much about Dan's past. Is he more of a defensive minded coach? I'm thinking he is. I do agree with a lot of people, that an offensive minded HC would probably be best for us though.

I guess my point is that Ben Johnson is touted so highly, why wouldn’t the Lions consider keeping him. If you had an unbiased view and both were offered to you as your next HC, who would you pick ?

27 minutes ago, brewbrew2323 said:

Would love to hear your why? He took over a horrendous NFL team, went to the Super Bowl and won 3(?) Divisional titles. Left, went to College and turned Michigan around. Maybe its just his demeanor that rubs you wrong way, which is fair but football wise I think he's the closest to a slam dunk there is. IMO

Few reasons:

1. He's old. He'll be almost 60. No more boomer dinosaurs people.

2. He's been out of the NFL for a while. I know he was successful with the 9ers, but the league has changed a ton and he hasn't coached in the league in, what, ten years?

3. He's not easy to get along with. The best teams have a solid GM/HC relationship. He's always at odds with his bosses, which means he may even want total control which is a HARD pass.

4. He burns out quick. He's been at Michigan a while but before that he didn't last that long with the 9ers or Stanford. I want a coach who can be here for a decade+.

5. He's not an offensive guy. I know he played QB but his teams, at least in the NFL, were more defensive oriented. I want a bright young offensive mind that can maximize Howell and our weapons and can give us a gameday edge with strategy in playcalling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I guess my point is that Ben Johnson is touted so highly, why wouldn’t the Lions consider keeping him. If you had an unbiased view and both were offered to you as your next HC, who would you pick ?

I have no idea, honestly but as long as zombie faced arms crosser is gone, my fat rear end will find some way to do cartwheels!

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Few reasons:

1. He's old. He'll be almost 60. No more boomer dinosaurs people.

2. He's been out of the NFL for a while. I know he was successful with the 9ers, but the league has changed a ton and he hasn't coached in the league in, what, ten years?

3. He's not easy to get along with. The best teams have a solid GM/HC relationship. He's always at odds with his bosses, which means he may even want total control which is a HARD pass.

4. He burns out quick. He's been at Michigan a while but before that he didn't last that long with the 9ers or Stanford. I want a coach who can be here for a decade+.

5. He's not an offensive guy. I know he played QB but his teams, at least in the NFL, were more defensive oriented. I want a bright young offensive mind that can maximize Howell and our weapons and can give us a gameday edge with strategy in playcalling.

All fair points - I completely agree FYI about the GM/HC relationship and like I said, my #1 is having a GM who makes all decisions. If Harbaugh is not on board with that - then on to the next candidate!