Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

Posted (edited)

I said protestors not students. Hanging your hat on the fact that he isn’t a student is a little silly.

I think I saw that guy in a Jan 6 picture too… he gets around 🤷‍♀️

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, tshile said:

According to CNN Israel moved in and occupied the border crossing area and has shut the rafah border crossing down 

Well...that's one way to me sure aid gets in...

/sarcasm

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The move is an attempt to appease Egypt who doesn’t want an influx of Palestinians crossing into Egypt when the battle starts.

Or Netanyahu is a blood thirsty psycho who wants to prolong the war as long as possible.  Potato, Potahto.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The move is an attempt to appease Egypt who doesn’t want an influx of Palestinians crossing into Egypt when the battle starts.

You sure about that?

Israeli troops take control of Rafah border crossing, angering Egypt

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/05/07/rafah-israel-gaza-egypt-crossing/

The operation imperiled already fragile Israeli relations with Egypt, which has repeatedly warned Israel that military action on the border could violate a four-decade-old peace treaty between the two countries.

“Egypt vehemently denounces the Israeli military operation in Palestine Rafah, which has resulted in Israel controlling the Palestinian side of the border,” the Egyptian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You sure about that?

Israeli troops take control of Rafah border crossing, angering Egypt

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/05/07/rafah-israel-gaza-egypt-crossing/

I am sure about that. Egypt isn’t happy about it beause signals an operation is happening. They obviously don’t want it to happen at all, but they really don’t want Palestinians refugees and terrorists crossing into their country.

• Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I am sure about that. Egypt isn’t happy about it beause signals an operation is happening. They obviously don’t want it to happen at all, but they really don’t want Palestinians refugees and terrorists crossing into their country.

Israel just shat all over the cease-fire Egypt helped work out for Hamas that would've helped keep those refugees and terrorists from crossing the border.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Israel just shat all over the cease-fire Egypt helped work out for Hamas that would've helped keep those refugees and terrorists from crossing the border.

It wasn’t a ceasefire Israel ever would agree to. No ceasefire agreement was ever made. Israel agreed to a temporary ceasefire and Hamas and Egypt changed it to a permanent ceasefire. The difference is material.

You’re logic is you agree to buy a car for $1 and if I don’t sell it to you for the $1 you agreed to i’m ****ting all over the deal and therefore it’s my fault.

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Guys, don’t argue with CC84! Just do what I do after she posts:

IMG_1052.gif

You can argue with Egypt instead if you like.

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/26/1232826942/rafah-gaza-palestinians-egypt-border

Egypt, however, has warned against an influx of refugees. It facilitates humanitarian aid into Gaza, but has said a mass exodus of Palestinians out of Gaza into Egypt is a red line, saying it fears Israel might never let the Palestinians go back.

Egypt doesn't want to be dragged into the war if militants infiltrate an open border, prompting Israeli attacks and Egyptian counterattacks.

Egypt's President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi said early in the war that he believed Israel was trying to push Palestinians into his country by curbing supplies of food, medicine, fuel, water and other basics in the territory.

In recent weeks, Egyptian diplomats have signaled to some of their Western counterparts that Egypt could suspend its 1979 peace treaty with Israel if an Israeli offensive in Rafah pushes people into the Sinai. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It wasn’t a ceasefire Israel ever would agree to. No ceasefire agreement was ever made. Israel agreed to a temporary ceasefire and Hamas and Egypt changed it to a permanent ceasefire. The difference is material.

You’re logic is you agree to buy a car for $1 and if I don’t sell it to you for the $1 you agreed to i’m ****ting all over the deal and therefore it’s my fault.

Israel doesn't want a ceasefire that gives Hamas a chance at not being fully eliminated...they've said this, but deductive reasoning is that's temporary at best and there's really no stopping them from eventually going into Rafah to "finish the job".

Where are you reading it was changed at the last minute?  Everything I'm seeing is Israel wouldn't agree because Hamas wanted it to permanent and Israel wanted temporary.  The core of it was to give up remaining hostages and deal with war dead on both sides that was impeded by lack of a even a temporary ceasefire.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Israel doesn't want a ceasefire that gives Hamas a chance at not being fully eliminated...they've said this, but deductive reasoning is that's temporary at best and there's really no stopping them from eventually going into Rafah to "finish the job".

Yes, I agree. Hamas can’t be destroyed. But there infrastructure can be.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Where are you reading it was changed at the last minute?  Everything I'm seeing is Israel wouldn't agree because Hamas wanted it to permanent and Israel wanted temporary.  The core of it was to give up remaining hostages and deal with war dead on both sides that was impeded by lack of a even a temporary ceasefire.

yes: that’s what I am saying, there wasn’t a deal to be “shat on” because there wasn’t ever any deal. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

yes: that’s what I am saying, there wasn’t a deal to be “shat on” because there wasn’t ever any deal. 

It's clear Egypt put a lot of work into working out something to keep Israel from taking control of the Philadelphia corridor.

That's why they're angry Israel blew off the deal and took anyway...from Egypt's perspective what they put out there doesn't matter because what they tried to prevent has now happened anyway.

You want to say "shat on the deal proposal" instead, fine by me.  Egypt, like many other countries, is trying to save Rafah from total invasion and destruction.  It's clear Israel has no interests in pulling off on that and even has us scrambling because we hoped for at least a temporary ceasefire (saw we woke up suprised this morning).

And now, this:

IDF takes control of Rafah border crossing; aid flow halted, official says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/05/07/israel-hamas-war-rafah-news-gaza-palestine/

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

It's clear Egypt put a lot of work into working out something to keep Israel from taking control of the Philadelphia corridor.

That's why they're angry Israel blew off the deal

no. Israels position was always that they would only accept a temporary ceasefire. Israel did not blow off the deal. It didn’t meet their requirements and was too advantageous to Hamas. Egypt knew this in advance of whatever deal they struck with Hamas. I think they were hoping international pressure would cause Israel to fold.

You want to say "shat on the deal proposal" instead, fine by me.  Egypt, like many other countries, is trying to save Rafah from total invasion and destruction.

Hamas should surrender. I’m sure if the leaders of Hamas were to turn themselves in (to the ICC for example, where they could have a fair trial) there would be no assault on Rafah. Think about all the lives that could be saved if they just did the right thing.

Instead you put the onus on Israel and say they should surrender the ability to secure their national security for the lives of Palestinians who voted Hamas into power.*

*not saying the people trapped in Gaza deserve what is happening to them.

And now, this:

IDF takes control of Rafah border crossing; aid flow halted, official says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/05/07/israel-hamas-war-rafah-news-gaza-palestine/

Aid flow was stopped after mortar fire from Hamas.

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

@Renegade7 in case it wasn’t obvious enough that Hamas did not accept a deal…

That's a tweet compared to multiple articles including one I posted showed they did on condition it was a permanent ceasefire.

That's what Egypt and Jordan tried to throw over the fence to Israel and they said no because they wanted only a temporary ceasefire. This is verified by multiple sources, some of which I've posted today here in this thread.

Don't tag me to double-down on points that don't matter anymore, Isreal has rhe border crossing now, multiple peoples concerns with respect to stopping that are now moot.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's a tweet compared to multiple articles including one I posted showed they did on condition it was a permanent ceasefire.

It’s not a tweet. It’s a statement from the state department. Read it. It’s like you quoted me without reading anything.

47 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Don't tag me to double-down on points that don't matter anymore,

Are you saying facts don’t matter?

image.jpeg.1ec0ee358b56b9bd9e43bd4670fa35ea.jpeg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It’s not a tweet. It’s a statement from the state department. Read it. It’s like you quoted me without reading anything.

Conflicting information at best from multiple parties here and overseas, like I said, it doesn't matter anymore, it's too late.

Thats a pretty definitive statement given US wasn't involved with direct negotiations anyway.

Edited by Renegade7

Posted (edited)

Israel has been pretty consistent in saying they won't agree to any cease fire that is permanent because it would prevent the destruction of Hamas.

Hamas has been pretty consistent in saying that the release of all the remaining living hostages would have to be the result of a permanent cease fire.

The difference essentially makes any further cease fire impossible.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Conflicting information at best from multiple parties here and overseas, like I said, it doesn't matter anymore, it's too late.

Thats a pretty definitive statement given US wasn't involved with direct negotiations anyway.

Why do you think your sources are more valid (or at least as valid) the state department. Your sources appear to be Hamas’ word.