Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nothing to do with arrogance. You have no idea what you’re talking about and you’re jumping into these convos full force.

You asked a question. I made the mistake of thinking you were actually asking a question. You weren’t. 

I won’t make that mistake again.

This entire response is as ironic as it gets but I'm done arguing with you so please just put me on ignore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I can understand the character issue problem we been burned in the past many times. Haskins was a miss no doubt about it. The other two had major injuries. I think you got to take Williams but I could understand why people are afraid with all the whispers.

The problem I had with RG and Chase was how they conducted themselves while injured. That being said if the new FO views Williams as a hungry, hard working player who will learn and grow regardless of obstacles, then absolutley go get him because he is a special talent.

• Thumb up 2

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think people need to stop counting those “Dallas is gonna kill us” next week chickens before they hatch. 

Yeah I don't want to jinx it either but all signs certainly point to a Dallas win.

They'll probably be double digit favorites I would imagine. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think people need to stop counting those “Dallas is gonna kill us” next week chickens before they hatch. 

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Yeah I don't want to jinx it either but all signs certainly point to a Dallas win.

They'll probably be double digit favorites I would imagine. 

They are playing for the division title and a home playoff game. They are going to absolutely destroy us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Conn said:

uh yes it would have mattered, that would create a 2-game swing. We’d be at 3 wins and them 5, instead of both at 4

Got it, losing you'd figured we'd be in better spot for higher pick...but winning didn't change too much, things have weird way sometimes

15 minutes ago, redskinss said:

This entire response is as ironic as it gets but I'm done arguing with you so please just put me on ignore.

I don’t ignore people. 

I value people’s various opinions. I don’t agree with a lot of them. But anyone who puts in effort to learn and grow their knowledge is enjoyable convo versus jumping into a convo full force without having researched it aren’t fun to have discourse with. 

For example, @clskinsfan is completely wrong about Caleb Williams ( :ols: ) but he has clearly watched film and researched him and he really likes him. I have zero issue with that. 

Another guy, in this thread, said he didn’t like Maye because of how bad he played in the Bowl game (that he didn’t play in).

He was corrected and admitted that his opinion on that matter probably doesn’t have merit as he knows he hasn’t gained enough knowledge.

I thought you were asking a question above. You weren’t. It was rhetorical. Got it.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Got it, losing you'd figured we'd be in better spot for higher pick...but winning didn't change too much, things have weird way sometimes

Winning that game might change everything, actually—it’s too hard to tell right now. The SOS battle (if the Pats don’t beat the Jets) is going to be stressful to track. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

Drafting Caleb or Maye gives us more time to build the line through the draft and FA the next couple of years because of their rookie contracts.

Nah, it forces the issue because of them being rookies.

Let's get in same page here, our oline needs enough knew starters this is high on priority list even if we went after someone else as QB.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

This team has been cursed in the draft since taking Heath Shuler.  Hopefully, we draft Williams and this team is finally set at Qb.

We are do for a big hit no team has been as unlucky in the draft as us.

I wouldn’t really call it unlucky (though there’s always an element of luck) when we’ve made horrible hires, chosen decision-makers poorly, and had an ignorant billionaire making random picks for decades. 

“Good luck” in the draft tends to follow putting good processes in place and making good decisions with the information you have at the time. Not things we’ve been known for. 

That’s all going to change, though. And so will our “luck”. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That we wouldn't need to do do if we believe we didn't need to trade up because they were t taking QB?

You do it to prevent someone else from paying even more to jump you, if you love your guy that much. The Bears aren’t going to stand pat at #1 and take a non-QB. They’ll trade down or take a QB, that’s just how it always is. Someone values the top guy that much. 

If we’re at #2, the #3 team can compensate the Bears to jump us and the Bears will still get their WR at #3 (in this hypothetical where they don’t take a QB—I believe they will take a QB themselves at #1). That’s why you can’t just stand pat, unless you’re happy with your #2 guy. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

For me it’s Drake Maye had 24 TDS (4 against Campbell) and 9 interceptions against an insanely soft schedule 

If you actually watched his games, his decision making is no better than Howell’s

Maye should not be drafted at the top of the draft. I’m not trying to sound negative, I just don’t want to waste this pick

People are really going to have to sell me why I should ignore his stats against weak competition all year

I agree with this having watched all of his games and seen against tough opponents he would struggle.

In the end Harris being unable to fire Ron before the season is going to end up helping this franchises future immensely. He and EB are terrible coaches, he refused to hire an OL coach and he lost perfectly. You really couldnt design a much better tank than we have had so far. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Conn said:

I wouldn’t really call it unlucky (though there’s always an element of luck) when we’ve made horrible hires, chosen decision-makers poorly, and had an ignorant billionaire making random picks for decades. 

“Good luck” in the draft tends to follow putting good processes in place and making good decisions with the information you have at the time. Not things we’ve been known for. 

That’s all going to change, though. And so will our “luck”. 

That all part of being unlikely as fans. Getting rid of the old management are luck should change.

Every player we have taken for the most part has busted or gotten injured. Since 94 we had like 9 players in 1st round who have not busted, gotten injuried, or passed away.

Just now, Skintime said:

I agree with this having watched all of his games and seen against tough opponents he would struggle.

I’m not sold he’d struggle, personally. But he is very, very similar to Howell. And he will need time to develop and a lot of patience. If we give him that, he could be a great snag. 

This is where it’s really hard to evaluate when we don’t even know who the head coach or GM is yet.

• Like 2